G37 Sedan

Show off your Sedans!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 03:52 PM
b-drizzy
Registered Member

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
Here the Front side lol .. Did a little photoshoot with some friends over the past wknd.
and to get back on the comments I meant to change signature I used to Have ark but name did not fit so left it as exhaust mod. And the Spoiler was from ebay already painted not bad for 40 bucks.

The following 2 users liked this post by b-drizzy:
Eesofreshhh (06-27-2019), philttz (06-28-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 07:03 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I have ALWAYS wanted a Z32. Although I realize how cramped they can be, and how ridiculously low to the ground the car is, even at stock height. I think the second gen 300Z has a timeless, sports car design, and it turns my head every time. So much to appreciate in that car.

And I'm off topic. gmanater probably gets it, though.
Yeah, a low mileage Z32 is our preference as well. I agree and think the Z32 has those classic sports car proportions and timeless design. We actually passed up an amazing deal on an immaculate 1990 300ZX TT manual with just 30k miles for $10K last year. The original owner was retiring so he was selling the car after owning it for almost 30 years! If we hadn't been preparing to close on our new house we would have bought it in a heartbeat.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:55 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by gmanater
Someone mentioned that dent. Yeah a year or two ago I came out of the gym and it had that dent, hit and run. I was so mad. I've had that car over 12 years and that was the first scrape. I'll eventually get it fixed.
Oh wow, sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to my G in my Dentist's parking lot. Someone backed right into it while is was parked. Ugh! Sometimes I hate people. LOL

If you ever do get it fixed that Z will be nearly perfect... But until then the dent just adds a little bit of character to the car and you have a good story to go with it!
Old 06-28-2019, 05:41 AM
Albertos64

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by staskz
finally washed her after many months

Hey who did you headlights ? I’m trying to do my headlights as well lol
The following users liked this post:
philttz (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 12:05 PM
cartossin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just drove from NJ to NC and back. Photo taken sound side on the outer banks.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:05 PM
staskz
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Albertos64
Hey who did you headlights ? I’m trying to do my headlights as well lol
i did them myself, that was like my first mod. ive never done it before, but after much research i just did it and they turned out great, 4 years and no issues. didnt wanna pay over 1k for someone to do it for me
Old 06-28-2019, 03:20 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 727 Likes on 565 Posts
Snatched this the other day, 2010 AE with a blown trans.

Old 06-30-2019, 05:36 AM
Albertos64

New to the forum ! 😁 my G

It’s a 2008 g35s with a 6 speed manual transmission 🤩

This is how it looks now ! I ordered the auto kits carbon fiber diffuser and also wrapping my side mirrors in gloss black to match roof. 😬

Before custom plates !
philttz (07-01-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 05:39 AM
Albertos64

Originally Posted by staskz
i did them myself, that was like my first mod. ive never done it before, but after much research i just did it and they turned out great, 4 years and no issues. didnt wanna pay over 1k for someone to do it for me
Bro I would pay you to do mine ! 😭 I’m in Cali
Old 06-30-2019, 08:34 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by adejong03
Had the color changed from obsidian to Malbec! It was overcast in those shots
New wheels 19x9.5 +35 square
So you had your entire car repainted from obsidian black to malbec black? How much did that cost and why did you go to all the trouble? Bad accident and most of the car needed to be repainted?
Old 06-30-2019, 10:58 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 239 Likes on 212 Posts
Originally Posted by Albertos64
It’s a 2008 g35s with a 6 speed manual transmission 🤩
This is how it looks now ! I ordered the auto kits carbon fiber diffuser and also wrapping my side mirrors in gloss black to match roof. 😬

Before custom plates !
Looks good, you might think about wrapping or dipping the rear chrome spoiler white to blend it in more.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:54 PM
adejong03
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
So you had your entire car repainted from obsidian black to malbec black? How much did that cost and why did you go to all the trouble? Bad accident and most of the car needed to be repainted?
So, we’ve had the car for a while and it’s been shipped across country a couple times, and had a few bad dents on the roof, rear quarter panel, and front fender. There were also dings allll over the car just from general LA parking. I shopped around for good body shops but none in my area we’re willing to do a full spray for less than 5000 (not including body work). Finally I asked one really reputable shop (that stopped doing full sprays) who they would recommend for a full job and he said surprisingly there was a maaco nearby that does pretty good work especially on a budget.

I found this maaco that had 4 stars and went for a quote, the guy was super honest and explained that there will be some orange peel and the paint job will be good for their top tier but not show car quality. Including all the dent repair we got their top tier job with a 5 year warranty for 2600. So, while we were having the car repainted I decided we might as well switch to Malbec. I also asked them to paint match the border of the grill and do the center in satin black.

The car looks great. There are areas here and they were I can a little bleed, but really just on the bottom of the bumpers. Overall the quality is better than I expected, but I didn’t have high expectations to be honest. For 2600 it’s actually pretty damn good! Without dent repair it would have been about 1900.

Im going to have the car color sanded in a few months and post more detailed pics. If I get a mirror finish then I’m officially sold on (this) maaco, lol.

Here are are a couple shots.

Before paint

Taken today! First good day time pic. I’m waiting on my swift springs, they’re supposed to ship next week.

Started an IG for the car if anyone wants to follow!
@drkphnx_g37x

cheers guys!
ngolbuff (06-30-2019)
Old 06-30-2019, 07:24 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
So, we’ve had the car for a while and it’s been shipped across country a couple times, and had a few bad dents on the roof, rear quarter panel, and front fender. There were also dings allll over the car just from general LA parking. I shopped around for good body shops but none in my area we’re willing to do a full spray for less than 5000 (not including body work). Finally I asked one really reputable shop (that stopped doing full sprays) who they would recommend for a full job and he said surprisingly there was a maaco nearby that does pretty good work especially on a budget.

I found this maaco that had 4 stars and went for a quote, the guy was super honest and explained that there will be some orange peel and the paint job will be good for their top tier but not show car quality. Including all the dent repair we got their top tier job with a 5 year warranty for 2600. So, while we were having the car repainted I decided we might as well switch to Malbec. I also asked them to paint match the border of the grill and do the center in satin black.

The car looks great. There are areas here and they were I can a little bleed, but really just on the bottom of the bumpers. Overall the quality is better than I expected, but I didn’t have high expectations to be honest. For 2600 it’s actually pretty damn good! Without dent repair it would have been about 1900.

Im going to have the car color sanded in a few months and post more detailed pics. If I get a mirror finish then I’m officially sold on (this) maaco, lol.

Here are are a couple shots.

Taken today! First good day time pic. I’m waiting on my swift springs, they’re supposed to ship next week.

Started an IG for the car if anyone wants to follow!
@drkphnx_g37x

cheers guys!
Do you have any sort of a warranty with the paint? There is a reason Maaco is so cheap. I had them paint a set of side sills on a car for me years ago and initially, just like you, I thought, "wow that looks good" and it wasn't that expensive. It came with a 1 year warranty. About a year and a month later all the paint started flaking off. I realized they never prepped or even primed the side sills. They just painted right over them. I am curious to see how your paint looks in a year or two.

What type of side sills, splitter, and rear diffuser do you have?
Old 06-30-2019, 07:36 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 610 Likes on 452 Posts

I found this maaco that had 4 stars and went for a quote, the guy was super honest and explained that there will be some orange peel and the paint job will be good for their top tier but not show car quality. Including all the dent repair we got their top tier job with a 5 year warranty for 2600. !

I'd be surprised if a maaco job that cheap holds up over the years, but hopefully you get lucky.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:16 PM
adejong03
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
I'd be surprised if a maaco job that cheap holds up over the years, but hopefully you get lucky.
Fingers crossed. It came with a 5 year warranty so I’ll keep you guys updated as time goes on

Quick Reply: Show off your Sedans!