G37 Sedan

Show off your Sedans!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:17 AM
Track Star

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight23
Hey guys! I'm new to this site and I recently traded in my 08 Honda Civic and got myself a 2013 G37x Sedan. Here is a picture of the day I got it:

I've had it for about 3 weeks now and have only put on tints all around (30%), All-season weather mats, DD LED license plate bulbs and reverse LED bulbs. Looking to get more mods. Here is my mod list. Let me know what you think is a good mod to add.

1. Sport Bumper
2. Midnight Black Grille
3. Gloss Black Vinyl Roof
4. Stillen Gen 2 Intakes
5. OEM Rear Deck Spoiler
Do #1 through #3, and especially dont do #4 ... its an unnecessary waste of money on this car, your barely going to see any return for your investment. And its an expensive investment too for something that yields next to nothing in return lol. Then after #1-3, get wheels and a drop and your done. Modding your G to beauty for under $3k
Old 02-13-2013, 08:14 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Track Star
Do #1 through #3, and especially dont do #4 ... its an unnecessary waste of money on this car, your barely going to see any return for your investment. And its an expensive investment too for something that yields next to nothing in return lol. Then after #1-3, get wheels and a drop and your done. Modding your G to beauty for under $3k
It sounds good. If you can get any intake for less than $200, IMHO, it's worth it for the aural experience.

It's no different from spending a lot more on a set of 20" wheels that just weighs the G down.

Seriously though, it's all subjective. Whatever makes you happy with the car, do it.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Track Star

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
It sounds good. If you can get any intake for less than $200, IMHO, it's worth it for the aural experience.

It's no different from spending a lot more on a set of 20" wheels that just weighs the G down.

Seriously though, it's all subjective. Whatever makes you happy with the car, do it.
True, i will agree that it is all subjective. But i would rather get an exhaust rather than an intake for the "aural" experience.

Plus if you're lucky and have a 6mt, i would recommend just having the mufflers professionally removed and replaced with 2.25" stainless steel piping. IMHO, it sounds much better than all of the exhausts available on the market for our cars. Removing the mufflers brings out that beautiful VQ engine sound without adding anything to it or unnecessarily tuning it, its perfect as is. That's my "aural" experience and it costs a lot less than any intake out there.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:04 PM
WhiteKnight23

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks guys for your input. I deff want to do #'s 1-3 first than anything. I am scheduled to do the roof vinyl this upcoming Monday (President's Day). So after that is done, I'll be looking to get the sport bumper after and then once summer comes around i will get the grille. But my ultimate goal for this car is to get Vossen CV4's. After that, I can drive and enjoy the car. Not that I already do, but that will give me a lot of head turners.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
I would "highly" recommend a sway bar upgrade...either Hotchkis or in my case just upgrade the rear with OEM G37S.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...r-upgrade.html

If future plans to get Vossen CV4's, consider lowering with Swifts springs or coil overs. There are other suspension manufactures that can also be installed, but Swifts are the only brand that is made specifically for the G37x.

As far as intakes go...I installed Mishimoto post intake tubes with aFe S dry drop-in filters.
Cost for this combo was just over $200 and pleased with the results.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-vs-stock.html

I hope this helps...happy modding!
Old 02-17-2013, 01:39 AM
Infinite_A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's mine, Im new to the family and live in socal..Enjoying the stock look while I can..So far an intake is what I have and can't complain!
Attached Thumbnails Show off your Sedans!-g37s.jpg  
Old 02-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Boywdr

Originally Posted by Joel37S
just put on my wheels on today hope you guys like it. more will be done to my miley soon
What size are those?

i just go some rays volk re30's 19x8 my self. waiting till spring to put them on.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:05 PM
krnchino

2010 white sedan!

tinted all around with OZ canyon st rims
Old 02-17-2013, 09:02 PM
WhiteKnight23

Originally Posted by dragion
I would "highly" recommend a sway bar upgrade...either Hotchkis or in my case just upgrade the rear with OEM G37S.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...r-upgrade.html

If future plans to get Vossen CV4's, consider lowering with Swifts springs or coil overs. There are other suspension manufactures that can also be installed, but Swifts are the only brand that is made specifically for the G37x.

As far as intakes go...I installed Mishimoto post intake tubes with aFe S dry drop-in filters.
Cost for this combo was just over $200 and pleased with the results.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-vs-stock.html

I hope this helps...happy modding!
Thanks for your input. And i am hesitant to changing out the suspension because i love how the stock suspension drives. What is the drop on those springs? and is there any suspension out there that has a drop but still has that stock feel to it? I had a honda previously and i changed out the suspension numerous times and never was satisfied with any of it. I thought it would be same for infiniti's but correct me if im wrong.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:41 PM
kdawg8526
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
if you wanna stay close to stock get eibach thats what i have theres about 2 finger fender gap all around and you can still go over speed bumps
Old 02-17-2013, 09:49 PM
WhiteKnight23

Originally Posted by kdawg8526
if you wanna stay close to stock get eibach thats what i have theres about 2 finger fender gap all around and you can still go over speed bumps
yeaa...ive had eibach on my honda and i thought it was the closest to stock but i thought it was a little bouncy. not sure how it is on the infiniti tho.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 PM
kdawg8526
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
i found the ride didnt change much maybe because of the sport shocks the ride is still stiff
Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 AM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight23
Thanks for your input. And i am hesitant to changing out the suspension because i love how the stock suspension drives. What is the drop on those springs? and is there any suspension out there that has a drop but still has that stock feel to it? I had a honda previously and i changed out the suspension numerous times and never was satisfied with any of it. I thought it would be same for infiniti's but correct me if im wrong.
I've been on the edge regarding lowering my G37xS for a while and have done extensive research.
If you want to maintain the "stock" ride, I would go with the Swifts.
As I mentioned previously, Swifts are the "only" lowering springs that are specifically designed for the V36 G37x(s).

Post from g35driver:
FYI X Sedan Owners - Swift Springs - G35Driver

More reading:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...gs-review.html

By upgrading our rear sway bar will greatly improve the handling from body roll.

Upgrading to Hotchkis Sways is one of the best improvements that can be done for our G's if you want both front & rear.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...installed.html

Old 02-18-2013, 03:33 PM
xdime00

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Infinite_A
Here's mine, Im new to the family and live in socal..Enjoying the stock look while I can..So far an intake is what I have and can't complain!
Love the black with 'S' wheels, with blacked out windows. Looks mean
Old 02-19-2013, 12:34 AM
OhEmGee37

Name:  image_zps774b2c61.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  51.5 KB

Picked her up brand new in August 2012. Looking for wheels next.

Quick Reply: Show off your Sedans!