G37 Sedan

Show off your Sedans!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 07:39 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim
I thought I'd add a decent pic of my stock X after having it up on blocks for two weeks after doing spring maintenence and a bunch of "stuff" to it ... turns out I cant take a decent pic, but here it is anyways for the pool...
Looks like it's now quite a few steps away from stock, nice drop, wheels, brakes, and not a bad picture IMO.
Nice updates!
Old 05-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 320 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Gregor12
DAMNNNN 285? lol I was planning to go 275 if I still have the wheels but i don't think I will. I was asking because I know with the X your rolling diameter has to be within a certain spec for the sake of the driveline
lol, I was a bit concerned when I started looking into it, but it turns out the diameter difference for this combo is only 0.14" (0.51%), and since the rears wear faster you're petty much dead even after a few miles. Even if you get another set of rims I'd still recommend getting 285s or even 295s out back, but you definitely wanna get a wider rim at that point
Old 05-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blnewt
Looks like it's now quite a few steps away from stock, nice drop, wheels, brakes, and not a bad picture IMO.
Nice updates!
Thanks! I think the front is gonna settle a hair lower, it seems to be riding high cause I had it hanging unloaded for so long...or something...science?
Old 05-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

haha, I just realized I said stock in my earlier post. I mean't stock looking...ish ...tying to keep it low key to the general public
Old 05-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts
lol, I was a bit concerned when I started looking into it, but it turns out the diameter difference for this combo is only 0.14" (0.51%), and since the rears wear faster you're petty much dead even after a few miles. Even if you get another set of rims I'd still recommend getting 285s or even 295s out back, but you definitely wanna get a wider rim at that point
Ahh I see haha. Well that worked out well lol. I love these wheels and I'll probably have them through out another set of tires but I want to get some wheels that 20x10 square. Polished lips with satin black faces. I think it would set it off really nicely. Then buy some really light 18x9.5 wheels and put something sticky on them for the local tracking events and mountain runs

That brake combo is sexy. Didn't notice it on my app. Had to zoom in lol good eyes, b-rad

Last edited by Gregor12; 05-08-2016 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:48 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
I thought I'd add a decent pic of my stock X after having it up on blocks for two weeks after doing spring maintenence and a bunch of "stuff" to it ... turns out I cant take a decent pic, but here it is anyways for the pool...
Very, very nice!!! Wow. Classy with an attitude. I look forward to seeing it at the meet. I'm bringing the 15mm spacers. You sure you need 'em? Looks great.

Sean
Old 05-08-2016, 11:22 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Ahh I see haha. Well that worked out well lol. I love these wheels and I'll probably have them through out another set of tires but I want to get some wheels that 20x10 square. Polished lips with satin black faces. I think it would set it off really nicely. Then buy some really light 18x9.5 wheels and put something sticky on them for the local tracking events and mountain runs
Those 20s sound like there gonna look hot, especially on the midnight white... Good idea on the 18s with the rubber, I'd say go R888 and call it a day...and don't forget your brake pads... I just put in EBC Blue stuff street/track pads in anticipation of some of the local events coming up but in a car this heavy I have to stay they are pretty amazing even on the street...but they're probably gonna eat my rotors... What was I talking bout... Lol
Old 05-08-2016, 11:28 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by VIVID
Very, very nice!!! Wow. Classy with an attitude. I look forward to seeing it at the meet. I'm bringing the 15mm spacers. You sure you need 'em? Looks great.

Sean
Thanks man!...lol, yeah I don't think I need the 15mils for this setup, but I definitely need em for my winter rears- my 20s poke out just a bit too much on the 350z wheels I run with skinny 225s, I' ll have my 20s/ paperweights for you in August
The following users liked this post:
VIVID (05-09-2016)
Old 05-09-2016, 12:34 AM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts
Those 20s sound like there gonna look hot, especially on the midnight white... Good idea on the 18s with the rubber, I'd say go R888 and call it a day...and don't forget your brake pads... I just put in EBC Blue stuff street/track pads in anticipation of some of the local events coming up but in a car this heavy I have to stay they are pretty amazing even on the street...but they're probably gonna eat my rotors... What was I talking bout... Lol
It's funny you say that. I have F&R slotted rotors, pads, SS lines, and some motul sitting in my room right now lol. Making a trip up to the border for Zdayz and I'm going to be hitting the dragons tale (320 something turns in 11 miles) I am super excited. Hopefully I get the brakes done before then. If not. Gives me a good excuse to abuse the stock ones. Not that I'll be pushing it that hard. Lol and R888s are what I had in mind. I have a few friends running those for track use and weekend cars and they swear by them. Idk if I'll even push them that hard to get them heated up though. My car won't be seeing a road course anytime soon. Only drag strip fun and mountain runs. I went with centric posi quite pads though... Just a daily setup. They should work pretty well for me. We'll see

Last edited by Gregor12; 05-09-2016 at 01:34 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:32 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

It's funny you say that. I have F&R slotted rotors, pads, SS lines, and some motul sitting in my room right now lol. Making a trip up to the border for Zdayz and I'm going to be hitting the dragons tale (320 something turns in 11 miles) I am super excited. Hopefully I get the brakes done before then. If not. Gives me a good excuse to abuse the stock ones. Not that I'll be pushing it that hard. Lol and R888s are what I had in mind. I have a few friends running those for track use and weekend cars and they swear by them. Idk if I'll even push them that hard to get them heated up though. My car won't be seeing a road course anytime soon. Only drag strip fun and mountain runs. I went with centric posi quite pads though... Just a daily setup. They should work pretty well for me. We'll see
320 turns in 11 miles, that sounds amazing... Lol, the R888 may be a bit much for mountain runs but put those stainless lines in, it will feel like you upgraded the whole braking system.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:44 AM
Lewijo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Deciding: New Wheels

I apologize if I have taken over this thread but was looking for some advice. Narrowed the search down to these two. Would love some feedback from the experts on which wheel #1 or #2). Just a little background. I drive a tremendous amount so I feel 20's are out of the question. My dilemma is as follows. The one Im leaning towards only comes in 18 or 20, but they are so close in style that I wanted to get someone else's opinion. Not really sure 18s will do it for me as I am on 17s now. (Note: These are Photoshop pics as I hated the online wheel tools. Many thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Show off your Sedans!-niche-wheels.png   Show off your Sedans!-tis-wheels.png  
Old 05-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
^^^
I vote for #2, because I think the polished lip frames the space, whereas a black lip is a floating-rim design that looks goofy. However, unless you upgrade your brakes, I really don't think either one will make you happy. IDK how you only see the forest when the trees are right there in your face.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:58 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Lewijo
I apologize if I have taken over this thread but was looking for some advice. Narrowed the search down to these two. Would love some feedback from the experts on which wheel #1 or #2). Just a little background. I drive a tremendous amount so I feel 20's are out of the question. My dilemma is as follows. The one Im leaning towards only comes in 18 or 20, but they are so close in style that I wanted to get someone else's opinion. Not really sure 18s will do it for me as I am on 17s now. (Note: These are Photoshop pics as I hated the online wheel tools. Many thanks in advance!
If you like that style might look into these and they might be available in a 19, these are the Vossen CV5
Vossen Wheels
Old 05-09-2016, 10:01 AM
Lewijo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I do like the Vossen wheels but I can't put that much into wheels. This car has already depreciated so much with the amount of miles I've put on. Just trying to change the look to a slightly more sporty look.

I agree with the other opinion regarding the polished lip. They only come in a 18's or 20's which is where I am stuck. Thoughts on the 18's. Is it worth even spending the money to go up 1" in wheel size?

Really appreciate your feedback. Keep it coming!

JL
Old 05-09-2016, 10:43 AM
VenomGT9
Registered Member

Received 226 Likes on 195 Posts
If you can't put much into wheels don't change them...no point on putting something worse quality than stock on.
If you must, find a set of coupe sport or IPLs and call it a day.

Quick Reply: Show off your Sedans!