G37 Sedan

Show off your Sedans!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 07:34 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Gregor12
lol I thought it was only suppose to have one badge, until I saw a nismo with them I think I'm going to just leave it like that. Might take the other one off too.

Lol nah. That's open wire. Ordered a universal reservoir. Gotta weld up a bracket, hide the wires and mount that bish.

I'd be curious to know what water reservoir you ordered and what the physical dimensions are. I'd like to add a fluid bottle back to my car, but have very limited space since my air filters and tranny engine oil cooler are now located in the factory wheel well location. Got any pics of the one you purchased?

Originally Posted by R1cky

Amazing shot! That building makes such a beautiful background for your gorgeous G... Perfectly composed picture IMO!
The following users liked this post:
R1cky (04-29-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 10:09 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by GNTLMN_Z
Cars looking good! If you don't mind, what wheels are those? They have a Rotiform KPS look to them but are clearly not multi-piece wheels.
Rennen/Rennen Forged

To powder coat or not to powder coat. That is the question.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:12 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by pdpMIATA
Rennen/Rennen Forged

To powder coat or not to powder coat. That is the question.
Those do look nice, Jason@Getyourwheels has an insane amount of powdercoat options, I don't know how you could choose, lol.

And R1cky, bad to the bone as always!
R1cky (04-29-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 07:05 AM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
I'd be curious to know what water reservoir you ordered and what the physical dimensions are. I'd like to add a fluid bottle back to my car, but have very limited space since my air filters and tranny engine oil cooler are now located in the factory wheel well location. Got any pics of the one you purchased?Amazing shot! That building makes such a beautiful background for your gorgeous G... Perfectly composed picture IMO!
I was going to buy this but I just noticed shipping is almost a month. Still might buy it though

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/271448438178
Old 04-27-2016, 01:50 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Gregor12
I was going to buy this but I just noticed shipping is almost a month. Still might buy it though

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/271448438178
I was actually looking at something like this universal one, but couldn't find the dimensions for it. It's a local CA supplier though, so no wait time and only $28.

ACI Universal Windshield Wiper Systems Quality Washer Pump Kit Reservoir 99300 | eBay
Old 04-28-2016, 02:29 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Looking really good, DJ. Your car's come a long way since the old G35Driver days!

I believe that's an AutokitsX rear diffuser. It has a slightly different design on the early 2007-2009 rear bumpers. I actually have an AutokitsX Carbon Fiber rear diffuser for sale for the these older bumpers (for the same bumper as in DJ's pic) if anyone is interested.
thanks man! appreciate it! and ur right!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:42 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Getting a full vinyl wrap, huh, Mike?
Screw it. Those painkiller meds really do make me woozy and stay up at night and do things like this,kill the surprise for John that I was meaning to keep till the meet in August.

Here it is, my new Avant Garde M621 ,I'm still so and so on the new wheels. I do like them but feel like something is missing

Maybe it's the gunmetal that I thought I'd like the same as my IPL wheels but maybe it doesn't work as well with that wheel design on my car anymore IDK.

I think the spokes get somewhat lost in there given they're gunmetal so that may change to something much different next year.

Only few decent pictures I have so far... waiting for an actual good quality photoshoot in the coming week(s).

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK, If you like it/think it looks good just hit the Thanks/thumb up button, if otherwise please comment

First day after putting them on according to the labels on the boxes left and right, and constantly thinking they didn't look right, someone pointed out, that they'll look better reversed and infact it did, there is no right or wrong side, but a matter of preference I was told.

Thats how they look reversed, wheels marked right side are now on left side and vice versa

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 04-28-2016 at 05:04 AM.
The following 8 users liked this post by Mik3G37S:
blnewt (04-28-2016), ColumbiaSkinny (04-28-2016), G10 (04-29-2016), GetYourWheels (04-28-2016), Rochester (04-28-2016), ShuuraRG (04-28-2016), TannerG (04-28-2016), VIVID (04-28-2016) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-28-2016, 05:05 AM
ShuuraRG
Premier Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Screw it. Those painkiller meds really do make me woozy and stay up at night and do things like this,kill the surprise for John that I was meaning to keep till the meet in August.

Here it is, my new Avant Garde M621 , let me know what you guys think, I'm still so and so on the new wheels. I do like them but feel like something is missing

Maybe it's the gunmetal that I thought I'd like the same as my IPL wheels but maybe it doesn't work as well with that wheel design on my car anymore IDK.

I think the spokes get somewhat lost in there given they're gunmetal so that will likely change to something much different next year.

Only few decent pictures I have so far... waiting for an actual good quality photoshoot in the coming week(s).

First day after putting them on according to the labels on the boxes left and right, and constantly thinking they didn't look right, someone pointed out, that they'll look better reversed and infact it did, there is no right or wrong side, but a matter of preference I was told.

Thats how they look reversed, wheels marked right side are now on left side and vice versa
I think they look amazing Mike! The first shot doesn't display them well, and that may be due to the angle and lighting. The remaining shots are great! Thanks for the wallpaper!!
Mik3G37S (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 05:09 AM
Mik3G37S

Originally Posted by ShuuraRG
I think they look amazing Mike! The first shot doesn't display them well, and that may be due to the angle and lighting. The remaining shots are great! Thanks for the wallpaper!!
Yes I agree, the angle and lighting are bad on the first picture, it was very sunny that day and I was out in the open in the middle of PA.

haha thank you and you're welcome !!

That put a smile on my face and actually make me think maybe it actually does look good, especially in the picture above with the lot full of cars. displays them best I think. I really need to learn what angles to take pictures from now with these wheels
Old 04-28-2016, 05:44 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Directional spokes are usually intended to sweep back, not forward, so it's odd that they'd be marked for installation the other way. But as long as your tires aren't directional and have to get re-mounted, it's all a matter of personal preference.

I like the wheels, Mike. Better than the IPL rims, which in comparison were pretty busy. These here are more elegant. Obviously they're very much like CVT's... directional 10-spokes. The color looks good on the close-up, but seems to fade into the car on the longer shots. It's just the way it is with gunmetal on a gray car. On the plus side, it certainly makes your calipers pop. I genuinely like that a lot.

And I still think your rear end is too low, like you're forever carrying 100 pounds of sand in the trunk. Visually, the spats are dragging your car down to the pavement. Just come up 1/2", Mike. IMO, it will make all the difference. And then tuck the rears just a little more. Do you have the slack to do that... what the rear camber right now?

Oh and hey, now that you have four distinctly different wheels on the same car... welcome to the club, buddy.

Last edited by Rochester; 04-28-2016 at 05:55 AM.
Mik3G37S (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 05:51 AM
Mik3G37S

Directional spokes are usually intended to sweep back, not forward, so it's odd that they'd be marked for installation the other way. But as long as your tires aren't directional and have to get re-mounted, it's all a matter of personal preference.

I like the wheels, Mike. Obviously they're very much like my CVT's... directional 10-spokes. The color looks good on the close-up, but seems to fade into the car on the longer shots. It's just the way it is with gunmetal on a gray car. On the plus side, it certainly makes your calipers pop. I genuinely like that a lot.

And I still think your rear end is too low, like you're forever carrying 100 pounds of sand in the trunk.
Haha very well said John, yes very similar to the CVTs but not entirely the same, much different spoke design, your CVTs sort of twist whereas mine don't and yes the rear still is a little low because that's how the KW V3s sit in the back given they're not entirely specific for sedans but for coupes, that is at max height hence why The other Mike with a 6MT Graphite shadow G put on a KW rear spring spacer in to raise it up a little and that's exactly what I've been carrying in my trunk over a month now - that I think will be tackled in a little over a week on Saturday.

To make the drop look better it would have to be either the front lower which is something I don't want to do , so the rear has to go up 10-15mm MAX.

The tires are Michelin PSS so they're not directional , just inside outside so I'm good there.

Lol tuck the rear a little more? They're already tucked as they are and the tire is rubbing against the fender liner sometimes haha. My rear offset is +25 on a 9.5 wheel with a 245/40 tire with -3 camber in the rear.

Haha thanks John, I'm still getting used to them new wheels

Last edited by Mik3G37S; 04-28-2016 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:01 AM
Rochester
Administrator

the rear still is a little low because that's how the KW V3s sit in the back given they're not entirely specific for sedans but for coupes, that is at max height hence why The other Mike with a 6MT Graphite shadow G put on a KW rear spring spacer in to raise it up a little and that's exactly what I've been carrying in my trunk over a month now.

To make the drop look better it would have to be either the front lower which is something I don't want to do , so the rear has to go up 10-15mm MAX.
Falken? That's right, he's got those CO spacers. Hmm... seems you're seeing the same thing I'm seeing, so good luck. My rear CO's are maxed out for height. Got lucky with the Teins, I think.

What rims are you using in the winter... OEM?

Lol tuck the rear a little more? They're already tucked as they are and the tire is rubbing against the fender liner sometimes haha. My rear offset is +25 on a 9.5 wheel with a 245/40 tire with -3 camber in the rear.
-3.0... OMG, Mike. Nope, no slack there at all. +25 is way aggressive.

your CVTs sort of twist whereas mine don't
Not really, but I get why you would think that. At a glance, they look like they twist, but actually don't. It's the design of the spokes which creates that optical illusion.

Last edited by Rochester; 04-28-2016 at 06:09 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:05 AM
Mik3G37S

Falken? That's right, he's got those CO spacers. Hmm... seems you're seeing the same thing I'm seeing, so good luck. My rear CO's are maxed out for height. Got lucky with the Teins, I think.

What rims are you using in the winter... OEM?
Yes Falkner11 or whatever his forum name is. Been meaning to get these spacers installed but as you know my burn injury got in a way of a lot of things. In winter I use my duck feet with winter tires. If not by this winter maybe the next I'd like to get a winter beater or an overall DD with awd for winter too like a 2003 forester or something maybe
Old 04-28-2016, 06:12 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I looked him up... it's Falker11.

Are you OK with using those spacers? Seems the manufacturer was pretty cagey about warranty.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:56 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Looking good there Mike (so yeah, a thumbs up in case you're keeping a tally )
AFAIK those are the first AGs w/ that directional style on the site, nice set!

Glad you're able to see some humor w/ that horrendous burn situation, we're all hoping you keep making steady progress there.

And yeah, a little bump up in back would be good if those extenders aren't too much of a hassle, although everything at this point is probably just that.

Thanks for the pics and sharing the secret months in advance

Quick Reply: Show off your Sedans!