G37 Sedan

Show off your Sedans!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 09:48 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Keep in mind, those bagged Gs in the pics are fully dropped for the photo ops, not for driving that low. They end up looking just about like most other dropped Gs when at drive height. Plus the bagged suspensions are much more compliant than spring only setups
Pretty sure we all realize that. The disconnect here is why someone thinks the photo op of a fully dropped car on bags is appealing. To me it just looks broken. No one is disrespecting the mod, just not relating to it. Bagged or donked seem two sides of the same strange coin.

I'm open to discussion on what there is about it to appreciate. IDK if this is the right thread for that, however... in which case maybe I shouldn't have said anything.
The following users liked this post:
AroundTheG37 (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 10:16 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
I wasn't insinuating that most around here thought that bagged Gs drove around totally slammed, but there are a fair number that think they do

Believe me, I understand completely where you're coming from.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:42 AM
808MIKE

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I also have a Bagged G. I know a lot of people think having bags is Dumb. and that Bags ride like crap....are only for Show not speed. But this is how far technology has come!! Bags ride just like a coilover! U can make it soft dampning...or make it hard! Just like a coil-over. and it does not ride like a Semi-Truck trailer! LOL....Trust me once u get Bags you'll never go back! It's the best of both worlds!! Can drive as low or as high as u want! If U have crappy A$$ roads like where I live...contruction all over..pot holed Roads. Steep Driveways....All u gotta do is Lift it up....and u clear...Not damaging your 2 Grand Exhaust....or any suspension parts u got on! Then U can dump it when parked....it's like a Anti-Theft device! No one can jack or tow your car away! or even take your rims! LOL. that's the way I look at it! and lets just say also...I have been over triple digit speeds....and my bags handle just as good or better than the Coli-Overs I had before! So Don't knock it till u try it! LOL .
ZOSTER33 (03-20-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by alfredo24pr

Looking good but I think the sport front bumper and rear spoiler would def make it look better...just my $.02
alfredo24pr (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 02:30 PM
ttv36
Race, repair, repeat.

Received 432 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by 808MIKE
I also have a Bagged G. I know a lot of people think having bags is Dumb. and that Bags ride like crap....are only for Show not speed. But this is how far technology has come!! Bags ride just like a coilover! U can make it soft dampning...or make it hard! Just like a coil-over. and it does not ride like a Semi-Truck trailer! LOL....Trust me once u get Bags you'll never go back! It's the best of both worlds!! Can drive as low or as high as u want! If U have crappy A$$ roads like where I live...contruction all over..pot holed Roads. Steep Driveways....All u gotta do is Lift it up....and u clear...Not damaging your 2 Grand Exhaust....or any suspension parts u got on! Then U can dump it when parked....it's like a Anti-Theft device! No one can jack or tow your car away! or even take your rims! LOL. that's the way I look at it! and lets just say also...I have been over triple digit speeds....and my bags handle just as good or better than the Coli-Overs I had before! So Don't knock it till u try it! LOL .
Sorry, but you hurt my head with this post.

The only bags I would put on my car:

Last edited by ttv36; 03-19-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:44 PM
e3phung

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Loving this spring weather, Haven't drove this baby all winter.
Name:  IMG_0665_zps80xodprr.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  290.4 KB
Old 03-20-2015, 12:07 AM
alxmlr789

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by VeXeD
Both badass, agressive IS front or GS. ?...similar lately no toyo fan
Thanks man, i appreciate it. The other car is an IS.

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Really don't understand the bag thing (axles look busted) but definitely impressive hardware nonetheless.

Originally Posted by Rochester
You and me both. I respect that a lot goes into a project like that, and lots of people here really like it. But I'm not one of them.

Originally Posted by VeXeD
Yep, to each his own....the ole speed vs looks? Etc.....

Looks good but not practical, one word BROKEN comes to mind each time I view such....

Lmao, looks painful
Well, the "bag thing" for me, is that I've spent a lot of money making my car drive great, as well as look good, sound too (body parts, exhaust etc...) I've found in my particular city, I scrape absolutely everywhere, including my own driveway with a moderate drop. Speedbumps become headaches, some parking lots and brick roads I simply could NOT and would not drive on. Heck, there was even a speed bump with those reverse spikes that were about 3.5-4" that my exhaust got stuck on. VERY scary moment for me as the driver.

So, what's better than an entire system that i can adjust up at the push of a button? I can get to stock heigh in less than a second, and pretty much drive anywhere I need to now. I think practicality is pretty high on that one (for my specific needs).

Sure, I can agree with you that some of the "photo ops" to be slammed is pleasing for some, and silly for others. It's fun at times to see how ridiculous they are. More of a shock value than anything. Kids like it too.

The ride is actually better than it was when I was on coils, much smoother, and the body roll has decreased tremendously over coilovers.

All in all, to each their own...as we all know. I don't need to justify my setup to anyone, but I thought I would just focus on how practical setups like these really are. After all, the amount of people and equipment I drive with and crappy roads I drive on...It was honestly the best thing I could do for my car before either my exhaust or lip for ripped off.

Carry on!
The following 6 users liked this post by alxmlr789:
808MIKE (03-22-2015), blnewt (03-20-2015), Daddy Fat Sacs (03-20-2015), Rochester (03-20-2015), Sunny G (03-20-2015), ZOSTER33 (03-20-2015) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-20-2015, 12:08 AM
alxmlr789

Originally Posted by e3phung
Loving this spring weather, Haven't drove this baby all winter.
Looks great man! I love the mesh wheels on our G's
e3phung (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 01:02 AM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Apparently none of you here have done your homework with regards to air suspension aka "bags". Airlift and Airex both have taken their air suspension to a whole new level. I'm not gonna go into it with you guys because it's like talking to a brick wall. Go look for yourself at the AirLift Performance website and you'll find all the information you need. I'll even post the link for you guys. Remember, these are not just ordinary "bags" they are Performance Air struts.

Air Lift Performance | Performance Air Suspension - Air Ride and Air Management Systems
The following 3 users liked this post by ZOSTER33:
808MIKE (03-22-2015), blnewt (03-20-2015), e3phung (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 01:38 AM
alfredo24pr

Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts
Looks like a very expensive mod with installation. I'll probably consider a new car before I even seriously consider this mod. Seems like a pretty good suspension upgrade though.

Are there any components that are compatible between models or would I have to buy a completely new system if I get a new car?
Old 03-20-2015, 02:01 AM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Looks like a very expensive mod with installation. I'll probably consider a new car before I even seriously consider this mod. Seems like a pretty good suspension upgrade though.

Are there any components that are compatible between models or would I have to buy a completely new system if I get a new car?
The AirLift is less money than Airex and Accuair but it is not a cheap or inexpensive mod.

The air managment system, compressors and tank should be universal. The air struts however are vehicle specific but Airlift does sell those separately.
alfredo24pr (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,647 Likes on 3,477 Posts
Originally Posted by alxmlr789
Well, the "bag thing" for me, is that I've spent a lot of money making my car drive great, as well as look good, sound too (body parts, exhaust etc...) I've found in my particular city, I scrape absolutely everywhere, including my own driveway with a moderate drop. Speedbumps become headaches, some parking lots and brick roads I simply could NOT and would not drive on. Heck, there was even a speed bump with those reverse spikes that were about 3.5-4" that my exhaust got stuck on. VERY scary moment for me as the driver.

So, what's better than an entire system that i can adjust up at the push of a button? I can get to stock heigh in less than a second, and pretty much drive anywhere I need to now. I think practicality is pretty high on that one (for my specific needs).

Sure, I can agree with you that some of the "photo ops" to be slammed is pleasing for some, and silly for others. It's fun at times to see how ridiculous they are. More of a shock value than anything. Kids like it too.

The ride is actually better than it was when I was on coils, much smoother, and the body roll has decreased tremendously over coilovers.

All in all, to each their own...as we all know. I don't need to justify my setup to anyone, but I thought I would just focus on how practical setups like these really are. After all, the amount of people and equipment I drive with and crappy roads I drive on...It was honestly the best thing I could do for my car before either my exhaust or lip for ripped off.

Carry on!
Excellent comment! I appreciate the nod to practicality.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:24 AM
alxmlr789

The entire system is 100% moveable from car to car. I built my air struts over my bc coilovers.

If I were to sell the car, I could get new air struts for the new car or simply put the bags over the new cars struts. Heck you can even use some bag over OEM struts if you like the way your oem struts ride.

Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
The AirLift is less money than Airex and Accuair but it is not a cheap or inexpensive mod.

The air managment system, compressors and tank should be universal. The air struts however are vehicle specific but Airlift does sell those separately.
Definitely not a cheap mod. Airlift is also not a difficult inatallation as it simply plug and play. If you spent some time researching, and are somewhat mechanically inclined you could do it yourself. You could have a system for 1800 Over oem, on the low end if you searched hard enough.
alfredo24pr (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 10:32 AM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

I would strongly recommend that you don't go air bags over stock struts. Yes it is cheaper but oem struts were not designed for the kind of load that would get put on them by the air bags. You'll have a blown strut in no time soon.

Alex, I'm not a fan of BC coilovers and one of my partners just converted from that kind of setup to the airlift struts and he told me that he wished he'd of know about them before he pulled the trigger on air suspension. He said that he noticed a huge difference between the air strut from airlift and his tanabe coilovers over bags.

Overall, and granted I've only had these since Saturday the 14th, I am very pleased with the new setup. The ride quality is the same if not better than my Tein Tpe Flex coilovers.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:55 AM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Here's a picture I snapped before walking into the gym yesterday evening. This is my new parking height. You see don't always have to slam it when you park. I'll also post some pics here in the next day or two of my different heights.

Name:  20150319_175953_zpserpwvsmc.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  284.8 KB
The following 3 users liked this post by ZOSTER33:
alxmlr789 (03-20-2015), blnewt (03-20-2015), e3phung (03-20-2015)

Quick Reply: Show off your Sedans!