G37 Sedan

My New '12 G37xS Malbec Black

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 12:20 PM
xSSv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My New '12 G37xS Malbec Black

Closed the deal on my new 12 G37xS on weds night, had to take her out for our 1st date to get to know each other. She spent the night so I know its real!!!

After spending a month searching and praying I would find a New '11 limited edition xS (yes red envy ) "I called just about every dealership in the country to make sure they werent hiding one in their inventory", I picked up one of the very few Malbec Black sedans in the entire country "prem, nav sport"! Very rare combo, Malbec/Sport! I only came across 5 and 2 of them were recently purchased by forum members... Nice choice guys!

Well it snowed thursday so I had to take pics, it was our 1st full day together and it snowed from 10am-10pm thursday. Needless to say we had some quality street time togther. Nothing too crazy only 14 miles on a car gotta break her in! She'll get the full taste soon enough....

Dealer took my 08 G35xS in on trade and hooked me up with an amazing deal on my car! "more about that later"

I will be parting out my car very soon.... Wheel's are going on the new car though!!!!

1st date!

Home sweet home!

Last edited by xSSv; 01-14-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:22 PM
xSSv

Good Morning looks like her and the "Mistress" got along last night. Looks like one happy family!

At work, wasnt sure if it was gona snow or not.

Last edited by xSSv; 01-14-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:22 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
malbec black congrats
Old 01-14-2012, 12:23 PM
xSSv

At the dealership getting traded in

Last edited by xSSv; 01-14-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Beer Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats, I love black, but I hate black. Looks good!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:35 PM
xSSv

Originally Posted by da mayor
malbec black congrats
Thanks

Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
Congrats, I love black, but I hate black. Looks good!

Yeah I figured this would be a love/hate relationship! But there's no going back now... lol
Old 01-14-2012, 01:35 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Malbec Black FTW, love those rims too, sweeeet!
Old 01-14-2012, 02:55 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Congrats on the car. What are you using for snow tires (if any)?

I almost bought the car from bermans too. They didn't have what I wanted, and I dreaded the drive into downtown chicago to get it. Bought in the suburbs instead.

Looking forward to reading about your amazing deal.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
It's an exciting thing, no doubt about that. And I'm happy for you. But how exactly is an AWD Sedan with the Sport Package "rare"? It must be this "limited edition" you mentioned... because it's no 6MT.

So school me in "Limited Edition" if you don't mind. I'm curious.

And since you already had the '08 G35x Sedan, why didn't you wait for the redesigned 2013 model? (Unless I'm mistaken on 2013 plans.)
Old 01-14-2012, 04:43 PM
xSSv

Originally Posted by Jsolo
Congrats on the car. What are you using for snow tires (if any)?

I almost bought the car from bermans too. They didn't have what I wanted, and I dreaded the drive into downtown chicago to get it. Bought in the suburbs instead.

Looking forward to reading about your amazing deal.
I am using the stock Dunlop Sportmaxx right now they are ok I guess, I had upgraded my old car to Goodyear Tripletred. By far the best winter tires ive ever used! Excellent grip in the snow and very good tread wear in the spring.

Considering going and buying a new set but I think ill wait till next year as the winter has been extremely mild.

I contacted Fields, Lisle, Hoffman & Bermans. Chris the managing parnter over at Berman's really did an amazing job on this deal. I will be writing a thread in the Buying & leasing tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:50 PM
xSSv

Originally Posted by Rochester
It's an exciting thing, no doubt about that. And I'm happy for you. But how exactly is an AWD Sedan with the Sport Package "rare"? It must be this "limited edition" you mentioned... because it's no 6MT.

So school me in "Limited Edition" if you don't mind. I'm curious.

And since you already had the '08 G35x Sedan, why didn't you wait for the redesigned 2013 model? (Unless I'm mistaken on 2013 plans.)
Limited editions arent that rare, every dealership has the option to pick up 2, but whats rare is a "12 sedan in Malbec w/ prem, nav & sport.

Infiniti made Malbec a factory color but most of them produced were Journey's w/ wheat interior. Believe me I spent over a month looking, Its strange to have such a limited selection on a factory color but its the best color infiniti has.

If you've never seen it in person, try to find a IPL in your area. Pictures cant fully grasp the depth of the color.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:09 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Originally Posted by xSSv
Considering going and buying a new set but I think ill wait till next year as the winter has been extremely mild.
True that. The last day we had in the 40's I installed the snow tires. The summer only re050a's that came with were ok in the dry/rain. In fact, they worked surprisingly well during the few mornings temps were below freezing.

I knew that once snow fell it would be a different story. Better safe than sorry. If the car came with all season tires it might be a different story. Either way, i'm sold on snow tires from my camaro days. 1/4" of snow with the eagle f1 gs d3's and the car was going nowhere fast
Old 01-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Limited editions arent that rare, every dealership has the option to pick up 2, but whats rare is a "12 sedan in Malbec w/ prem, nav & sport.
So it's the Malbec on a fully-optioned Sedan that makes it rare? And this "Malbec Black" is the color of the IPL? Yeah, I've seen the IPL numerous times at the local dealership and at car shows. That is a unique color.

OK, I get it now.

Its strange to have such a limited selection on a factory color but its the best color infiniti has.
Well, that frustration I understand. I'm in love with Lakeshore Slate, which was a common light-blue on the G-Sedan up through 2009. And it is common enough... except trying to find one in a 6MT is feeling like a hopeless cause. 6 weeks now, and nothing but close calls.

Congrats, OP. I'm envious of being able to locate *exactly* what you want in a car. It's not always as easy as some people think.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Glicious03

Exactly what I was considering in Chi-land. Can you share what deal you got and how at which dealer?
Old 01-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Glicious03

And CONGRATS!

Quick Reply: My New '12 G37xS Malbec Black