Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

ECU update

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:20 PM
1BadAssG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECU update

Last week I took my car for some work and I mentioned to my SA said that my car runs heavy. After few days of working on the car, I got a call that my car is ready. While at the dealer, my SA that there was an update to the ecu which they performed on my car. Now while driving, the car seems like it's lag free with an acception of little lag while the tranny is learning.
what I noticed in the loaner when braking hard and then accelerate, the car would go in rev matching like it would in DS. I tried on my car after the update and it did the same which before it did not.

Over all I have driven about 30 miles with minimal lag and hoping that it'll get better as it adapts to my driving habits.

bear in mind that i did have the tranny TSB performed when it came out long ago. I had no idea there was another update.

Anybody else know of this update?
Old 12-29-2011, 09:27 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
its prob the update the 2012's got which is what Ive been saying for a while Glad to see someone else experience it
Old 12-29-2011, 09:43 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
its prob the update the 2012's got which is what Ive been saying for a while Glad to see someone else experience it
Is there a specific TSB # for this upgrade? I had the 75TSB Reflash done in June but it's still having some of the AT issues, better but not quite right yet.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:41 PM
1BadAssG

all it said in my service receipt was that ECU update performed.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
What year is your car?
Old 12-30-2011, 04:12 PM
1BadAssG

My car is 2010. Today I took it out for a ride and man its so much better. The lag is to min.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:30 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1BadAssG
My car is 2010. Today I took it out for a ride and man its so much better. The lag is to min.
Good luck. Let us know how you like it after a couple of weeks driving in different traffic conditions.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HappyG
Good luck. Let us know how you like it after a couple of weeks driving in different traffic conditions.
Ditto. The upgrade is great until it goes into the learning mode and reverts to some old, bad habits.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:30 PM
mw09g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
subscribing to this. maybe they finally fixed it... from what I've heard as well the 2012s, despite being exactly the same, is like a different car.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:27 PM
G37xNYC

Originally Posted by 1BadAssG
Last week I took my car for some work and I mentioned to my SA said that my car runs heavy. After few days of working on the car, I got a call that my car is ready. While at the dealer, my SA that there was an update to the ecu which they performed on my car. Now while driving, the car seems like it's lag free with an acception of little lag while the tranny is learning.
what I noticed in the loaner when braking hard and then accelerate, the car would go in rev matching like it would in DS. I tried on my car after the update and it did the same which before it did not.

Over all I have driven about 30 miles with minimal lag and hoping that it'll get better as it adapts to my driving habits.

bear in mind that i did have the tranny TSB performed when it came out long ago. I had no idea there was another update.

Anybody else know of this update?
This lag that you're talking about, what kind of lag is it? I'm new at this car (I previously had a 2000 Mustang) but ever since I got it I notice a bit of lag when I punch the gas pedal to the floor... Is this normal because the car is readying up to go full throttle? Just wanna clear up to know if my car needs this as well... Thanks
Old 01-18-2012, 09:20 PM
BTHURBER
Registered Member

It seems the TSB # may not be useful unless there actually is a new one. Maybe we can start documenting the actual characteristics of the ECM and TRANSMISSION updates. Surely there is something about them that we can use to uniquely identify them: file size, software version number, file date, release date, etc. Does anyone have a good enough relationship with their service department to investigate?

Last edited by BTHURBER; 01-18-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: TRANSMISSION not TRANSFER
Old 01-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Ron

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Guys,

Had my 2010 sedan ECM & Trans flashed yesterday and it made a big difference, the car accelerates much better.

Wig
Old 01-19-2012, 01:35 AM
mw09g37

Originally Posted by Ron
Guys,

Had my 2010 sedan ECM & Trans flashed yesterday and it made a big difference, the car accelerates much better.

Wig
Technician's notes were??
Old 01-19-2012, 11:49 AM
hollywhip

Originally Posted by Ron
Guys,

Wig
I'm a little confused about the AT/ECU flash I've got a 10 G and have been debating getting it done. But on the other hand I think my AT shifts just fine don't notice any lag unless RPM's are at 1000k and I Romp on it, But that's almost to be expected if I'm getting ready to floor it I'll grab a paddle and downshift a few until my RPM's go up then put the hammer to it guarantee no lag. Also I've heard several OP's on here say that after the flash the AT actually performed worse than before. I think those of you boasting about a miracle cure for your AT are suffering from the placebo effect!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:29 PM
awais
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Reseting the ECU, my car drives great. But then slowly the lag and hesitation comes back after a while.

Keep us updated on how your cars are driving after a week or so.

Quick Reply: ECU update