G37 Sedan

21 days old and I get hit in the rear

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Beer Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
21 days old and I get hit in the rear

Be careful out there. Pay attention while driving. I was on the freeway yesterday and the traffic was coming to a quick stop and the guy behind me wasn't paying attention. As I was slowing down quick I looked in my mirrors and saw the driver looking down. I tried to not stop as fast and then made a quick swerve into the carpool lane, but he just nicked the right rear of my bumper and hit the car in front of me. Nobody was hurt, but it sucks to have given it it's first wash the day before and now it needs to go get a new bumper.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:46 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Sorry to hear. WTF was that idiot doing? Texting?
Old 12-22-2011, 12:48 PM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry about your misfortunes Beer. From how you're describing it, the other guy was probably on his phone. I was stopped at a stop sign last night and got rear ended too.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Beer Magazine

Yeah I'm sure he was. He was very apologetic and nice. I'm sure his mom's insurance isn't going to be happy but we'll see.

I just told the cops I noticed he wasn't paying attention. He admitted fault, I don't care if he gets a ticket for looking at his phone. It could have been worse, if I couldn't have moved out of the lane. Instead of a bumper cover it would have been metal damage. Right now it just looks like some big deep scratches, but I'll see when they get it at the body shop.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:19 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It's good that it wasn't major and the guy actually stopped and admitted fault. If you didn't know, I was rear ended on the freeway about 2 months ago. See my threads here.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...otalled-6.html

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-bodyshop.html

Make sure you find a good bodyshop now. let me know if you need any help. Goodluck.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:40 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
Yeah I'm sure he was. He was very apologetic and nice. I'm sure his mom's insurance isn't going to be happy but we'll see.

I just told the cops I noticed he wasn't paying attention. He admitted fault, I don't care if he gets a ticket for looking at his phone. It could have been worse, if I couldn't have moved out of the lane. Instead of a bumper cover it would have been metal damage. Right now it just looks like some big deep scratches, but I'll see when they get it at the body shop.
Good to hear your car did not take a lot of damage...what happened to the car in front of you?

Anyone that causes an accident and it can be attributed to texting on a phone should be treated just like a DUI.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:49 PM
thebals

Sorry to hear about the accident. It really sucks to see your car have damage in 21 days! Hopefully, the damage is just limited to the bumper when you take it in to the body shop.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by tejasg37x
Good to hear your car did not take a lot of damage...what happened to the car in front of you?

Anyone that causes an accident and it can be attributed to texting on a phone should be treated just like a DUI.

He hit her, but I think at the point of impact it was pretty low speed. Her car was an older bubble Ford Taurus which didn't look new so it was hard to see what was done other than some bumper scuffs. If I stayed in line I would have been hit at about 20-25, but the distance of me moving (probably 3 cars) was enough to slow down enough.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:03 PM
gee wiz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm beginning to wonder if our G's are just accident magnets? Between our previous G and the current one combined, they've been in the body-shop four times--all no fault accidents. Then just yesterday some girl backs up into my wife while she's waiting in line at the gas station.

I completely feel for you man. Our current G was hit just two weeks after driving it brand new off the lot. Sometimes I feel like it would be better to own an old beater and not worry about all the careless idiots out there!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:56 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Wow man. Good save under the circumstances. I can just imagine the $ for repair if it was the vert.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:21 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
What a pain, sorry to hear.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:19 AM
Beer Magazine

Here's a picture. As I said it sounded worse than it came out, and could have been some major damage if I didn't throw down a hard left and swerve out of the way.
Attached Thumbnails 21 days old and I get hit in the rear-bandaid.jpg  
Old 12-23-2011, 04:42 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Ew, no me gusta.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:17 AM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
I tried to not stop as fast and then made a quick swerve into the carpool lane, but he just nicked the right rear of my bumper and hit the car in front of me..
You did fantastic, you should be proud.
I got rear ended once and was immediately elated because I was in a dealer loaner and my cherished ride was safe at the dealer.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:57 PM
INFINITI G37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear that.. Good luck

Quick Reply: 21 days old and I get hit in the rear