G37 Sedan

What do you like/dislike about your G37?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:55 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tejasg37x
Funny thing is, most complaints here are things you would know before you bought the car...but still bought it
That is because LIKE >>> DISLIKE. There is no such thing as perfect car and hence complaints are expected.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:42 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by avsBuddy
Why does G37 always get compared to BMW 335? They are not nearly in the same price range. An average 335 will run you mid $50k! I'm not even talking about 335 having a V8 and no option for manual transmission. G37 should really be compared to BMW 328, which it beats in power and amenities for the money.

I directly cross shopped these cars, and looking at 335 didn't even entered my mind because it's in entirely different price bracket.
When I was thinking of getting a new car, the ones I considered were the 335i, Audi,CTS and the G37.
The fact that the G37 was less money had no impact on my decision.
I picked the G37 sedan because it fit my needs, handled well, was fast, big enough for my trips with luggage, without being too big and it was reliable.
I realize the G37 isn't the fastest,best handling, etc. car I could have bought, but the complete package was just right for my needs.
Tom
Old 12-31-2011, 10:38 PM
linusent01

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
likes vs dislikes

Likes: I have a 2011 g37 and love the body styling, wheels, breaks, engine, paddle shifters, nav system, How it feel & drives, I actually like the leather seating, and I don't see any hard plastic on mine that others keep complaining about. There is no more hard plastic than there is on any other car in its class. I also love the transmission and don't see any issues there either. I traded in my 2001 bmw 325i that I had pampered for 10 years. I loved that car too, but the G just gave me more for my money this year. I will say that the G barrels up steep hills with the HP advantage it has over my 325, and I like the reliability and service at Infiniti.

Dislikes: Flimsy overhead sunglasses compartment that's better for holding toothpicks since its too small to hold eyeglasses, and why is there fuzzy velvet lining inside the ashtray? I don't smoke, but I doubt its flame proof.
Rear center arm rest folds down with a crummy cupholder that has exposed cheapo flat head screws. Take a look from the top of the rear cup-holder,... see the two large exposed philips flathead screw heads?? That's a no no in the design world, just sayin. Also dislike the non maintenance free battery, poor paint quality, and shiny plastic around the windows.

Let me digress for second and say that I much prefered the reliability of the body of the BMW over the G. I already have scratches, windshield chip, and road rash that took 10 years to get on my 325. However the engine on my bimmer was another story... I had all the overheating, oil leaks, failed window regulators, $2k per year to fix issues.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:05 PM
themajesticking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'12 G37xS Sedan

Like: 4doors, great power, AWD, bluetooth streaming audio, nav, reliability
Dislike: The change made to the rear bumper on the '10+ sedans. no more audio/video RCA inputs
Old 01-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Beer Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by linusent01
Likes: I have a 2011 g37 and love the body styling, wheels, breaks, engine, paddle shifters, nav system, How it feel & drives, I actually like the leather seating, and I don't see any hard plastic on mine that others keep complaining about. There is no more hard plastic than there is on any other car in its class. I also love the transmission and don't see any issues there either. I traded in my 2001 bmw 325i that I had pampered for 10 years. I loved that car too, but the G just gave me more for my money this year. I will say that the G barrels up steep hills with the HP advantage it has over my 325, and I like the reliability and service at Infiniti.

Dislikes: Flimsy overhead sunglasses compartment that's better for holding toothpicks since its too small to hold eyeglasses, and why is there fuzzy velvet lining inside the ashtray? I don't smoke, but I doubt its flame proof.
Rear center arm rest folds down with a crummy cupholder that has exposed cheapo flat head screws. Take a look from the top of the rear cup-holder,... see the two large exposed philips flathead screw heads?? That's a no no in the design world, just sayin. Also dislike the non maintenance free battery, poor paint quality, and shiny plastic around the windows.

Let me digress for second and say that I much prefered the reliability of the body of the BMW over the G. I already have scratches, windshield chip, and road rash that took 10 years to get on my 325. However the engine on my bimmer was another story... I had all the overheating, oil leaks, failed window regulators, $2k per year to fix issues.
I had a 335 and I'd say that maybe 10 years ago all paint was "better" I've had just about all makes and the paint chips the same. My 335 I had a clear bra on the front and you can see the damage on that.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
The fact that my 07 does not have ipod controls!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:28 AM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Likes: reliability, driving dynamics, power, AWD in bad weather, push button start. comfortable seat and driving position

Dislikes: interior build quality (various squeaks and unresolved back deck rattles), road noise, overpriced dealer service and frequent service intervals, too much orange peel in paint.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:53 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by financeman
Likes: reliability, driving dynamics, power, AWD in bad weather, push button start. comfortable seat and driving position

Dislikes: interior build quality (various squeaks and unresolved back deck rattles), road noise, overpriced dealer service and frequent service intervals, too much orange peel in paint.
I wonder how much harsher the G37x rides compared to the G37 non-sport with 17" tires.
I have no squeaks or rattles and there was only one state that I drove in that had a few hundred or less miles that I experienced road noise from the tires. I think it was Ohio.

How often are your service intervals? I would think living in Wichita,KS, where I lived for quite a few years, you should fall under regular driving conditions.
The dealerships try to dupe everyone into the severe schedule and way too often other services. Read your owner's manual and follow it's recommendation.
The key word regarding the severe schedule is if you"PRIMARILY" drive under certain conditions.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:33 AM
wickedwyrm

Originally Posted by Flashlight
Like : everything
Dislike: no auto folding mirrors, no auto heating mirrors
Heated mirrors with premium package. Use the rear defroster button
Old 01-08-2012, 01:38 AM
NoMoneyNoHoney

Like: Top comes down