G37 Sedan

What do you like/dislike about your G37?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 05:40 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
These cell phone applications are all assisted by back-end servers on the network, google, bb maps, vznav, etc vs the nav device that isn't and is a multi-function device.
Irrelevant to this thread, but I did purchase a license for something called Copilot for android. It provides offline maps and navigation (albeit crappy navigation). It's a backup for when either the factory nav craps out, or my garmin has a hickup and there's no data signal around (mountain/rural areas). Uses about 2GB of microsd space to store its map/poi data. $13 can't go wrong.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:54 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
Irrelevant to this thread, but I did purchase a license for something called Copilot for android. It provides offline maps and navigation (albeit crappy navigation). It's a backup for when either the factory nav craps out, or my garmin has a hickup and there's no data signal around (mountain/rural areas). Uses about 2GB of microsd space to store its map/poi data. $13 can't go wrong.
Actually it's not irrelevant. It explains the difference in input methods between a single cell phone app and a multi-function display that is meant to be used while travelling down the highway.

My backup is paper maps, of which I always have a copy in my trunk for the area I'm travelling in. Except for catching on fire, it's a much better back-up then a dedicated gps device or a smart phone program.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:47 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
^^The roads I'd typically find myself on without data reception are not likely to be found on a state hwy map. They're usually one step above a gravel road.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Beer Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
I disagree. Last I looked, my smartphone, doesn't integrate various car functions, have a nav that works without a cell signal, is capable or displaying vehicle status info along with the maps or any other screen.

These cell phone applications are all assisted by back-end servers on the network, google, bb maps, vznav, etc vs the nav device that isn't and is a multi-function device.

vznav doesn't even have lane guidance, which the infiniti nav does. The nav on the g is perfectly acceptable at least to me as I can input the address verbally while the car is in motion.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. As far as the G being luxury, yeah it is, but so is a Bentley. The differentiation is the G is at the bottom of the luxury pile or near luxury or ELLPS. Anyway you put it, the lux in the G is not the same as the lux in a 535. Hence the price tag difference as well.
What? the 5 series is an M competitor, and the G is a 3. They are the same in terms of "lux" but depending what that means to you it might be different.

They are premium brands and a 'luxury" meaning not a necessity and excessive.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:22 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
What? the 5 series is an M competitor, and the G is a 3. They are the same in terms of "lux" but depending what that means to you it might be different.

They are premium brands and a 'luxury" meaning not a necessity and excessive.
Uhh, I think we agree, but hard to tell.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Razz

Pros...

Love the AT
Ride is on the end of I can't keep my foot off the gas peddle
Ha.. Haven't found a 335 bimmer yet that can take it...I'm sure my day is comming

Cons.

I can't believe that you can't access the CU and see true oil pressure/temp and or water temp....blows my mind..

Aftermarket stuff is limited..ie gauges for oil pressure.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:58 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Razz
Pros...

Love the AT
Ride is on the end of I can't keep my foot off the gas peddle
Ha.. Haven't found a 335 bimmer yet that can take it...I'm sure my day is comming

Cons.

I can't believe that you can't access the CU and see true oil pressure/temp and or water temp....blows my mind..

Aftermarket stuff is limited..ie gauges for oil pressure.
With drivers of equal experience the 335 will edge the G, especially in the twisties. I've had good runs w/ a few 335s and do well in the straight sections and long sweepers, the tight & twisty roads the 335s tighter handling and better transmission response takes over. If you're running a new dual clutch 335 it's game over
Old 12-28-2011, 01:41 AM
jcho01

Like: Handling and Ride.
Dislike: How Infiniti includes Prem and Nav package to get Sport Pkg.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:13 AM
Beer Magazine

Originally Posted by blnewt
With drivers of equal experience the 335 will edge the G, especially in the twisties. I've had good runs w/ a few 335s and do well in the straight sections and long sweepers, the tight & twisty roads the 335s tighter handling and better transmission response takes over. If you're running a new dual clutch 335 it's game over
I had a 335 and most people can't get near 80% of a cars ability. The G's 'lazier" handling is actually more confidence inspiring.

The 335 has more power, but both are good handling. I don't think the handling is tighter, but the feel is a bit better in the 335. That handling also feels a bit nervous...more so with those dumb RFTs. I hated them and when I put 19s with regular tires on it was way better.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:51 AM
avsBuddy
Registered Member

Why does G37 always get compared to BMW 335? They are not nearly in the same price range. An average 335 will run you mid $50k! I'm not even talking about 335 having a V8 and no option for manual transmission. G37 should really be compared to BMW 328, which it beats in power and amenities for the money.

I directly cross shopped these cars, and looking at 335 didn't even entered my mind because it's in entirely different price bracket.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:14 AM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by avsBuddy
Why does G37 always get compared to BMW 335? They are not nearly in the same price range. An average 335 will run you mid $50k! I'm not even talking about 335 having a V8 and no option for manual transmission. G37 should really be compared to BMW 328, which it beats in power and amenities for the money.

I directly cross shopped these cars, and looking at 335 didn't even entered my mind because it's in entirely different price bracket.
False.
A 335i X-drive with premium and a few extra will run you more closely to $40K. Remember, NO one paid MSRP on a car. I picked the G37x for more power, reliability and a usable rear seat. The turbo lag in the 335i was a significant turn down to me, I was not impressed when test drove one. No body in their right mind would compare G37 with 328i, they are not even comparable, you can get a 328 for under $30K if you try hard enough, this is what G25 for.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:14 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by avsBuddy

335 with a V8?
Old 12-28-2011, 02:01 PM
avsBuddy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sniper27
335 with a V8?
He he, you're right, it's i6. I was thinking of M3 I guess. But anyway, as far as price comparison, fully specked 328 with sports package or M package will run low 40s in MSRP. 335i will run MSRP of 47k with Sports package (more with M). Meanwhile, fully loaded G37S MT, which is what I got, has MSRP of $42k - that's why I said it's closer to 328 price bracket.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:23 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HappyG
If you have a sedan, try put a opened can of soda in the rear cup holder. Drive to somewhere. Come back and let us know your experience. You will be shocked!
I would never want an open can of soda in my car...
Old 12-30-2011, 11:34 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Funny thing is, most complaints here are things you would know before you bought the car...but still bought it

Quick Reply: What do you like/dislike about your G37?