G37 Sedan

What do you like/dislike about your G37?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 02:01 PM
matchan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like: Power , 7AT, value for money , Screen, headlights, reliability!
Lukewarm: Bose , rear shape
Dislike: Poor leather quality seats, Engine feels harsh at times, Too frequent oil changes (3750 vs 15,000 for BMW)
Old 12-23-2011, 03:00 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by matchan
Like: Power , 7AT, value for money , Screen, headlights, reliability!
Lukewarm: Bose , rear shape
Dislike: Poor leather quality seats, Engine feels harsh at times, Too frequent oil changes (3750 vs 15,000 for BMW)
3750 interval is for severe driving conditions. 7500 interval would do for normal driving conditions.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:59 PM
sharkman

Like the Alternate Command Mode. My 2008 didnt have it.

just got the car on the 20th so I'll need a few days to id my likes and dislikes

sharkman

2012G37XS sedan w/Sport, Nav, Prem.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:19 PM
rlo
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by matchan
Well the oil change part is questionable. My buddy with a 2009 M3 burns a quart every 1K miles under normal driving which BMW claims is within guidelines. Meaning they will not give him a free quart every 1K miles. BMW requires their "special" oil which goes for $20 per quart. So factoring that in, its about the same as an oil change every 3K.

I had the same situation with a 335 convert. but that only required off the shelf oil.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:52 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Using full syn I go 5k every oil change, no oil consumption issues and runs like new. If I was running dino I'd change it every 3.5k.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:56 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fastlane45
I think the word some is an understatement. Listen from 1:20 to the end youll get the picture; I deal with that every day its a joke. This is totally unacceptable in a $40k plus car. My girlfriends $15k Mazda3 doesnt have ANY rattles/taps/noise other than the road. Its such a turn off to the point I probably wont buy another Infiniti especially after dealing with consumer affairs about this, but thats another issue. My point is that for a luxury car, the interior build quality is really below Infiniti's competitors in my experience at least. Newer G's may be different but i'm not satisfied at all with mine other than the way it drives/looks.
Wow! I thought that was from road noises. That's awful, man, I feel your pain. I would probably get super mad with a dashboard that sounds like having a bunch of rattlesnakes in it.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:30 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by HappyG
Yeah, only the pre-programmed number in the vehicle phone book works. But I usually want to dial a number from my phone's phone book. When the car is moving, I just can't do that. I am always forced to take out my phone, open up the address book, and push the dial button on my phone. Such a pain.

Voice dial number should work. But I don't like to talking to my car.

hit the phone button on your steering wheel, it will pull up the phone menu on your screen, then you can use the steering wheel button that you use to change songs to scroll through the options, find handset phonebook and click in that button to make a selection. Simple
Old 12-24-2011, 01:26 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
There was some text in the owner's manual about copying the phone's phonebook to the car. Haven't messed with this yet myself, but seems like it would take less clicks to find the right #.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:17 PM
ijahman

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree with you Fastlane that is some BS and a dealer should have been able to isolate that rattle. I have a 09, lowered with my shocks set at 90 percent stiffness and I dont rattle at all...Take it to a dealer in CT it sounds like someone dropped a bolt or screw in your dash, or behind your radio. Dude i didn't like the way my transmission sounded and they replaced the whole trans based on noise but they are unwilling to help you with your rattle...If I were you I wouldn't buy another one either going through that.

The leather quality is less than perfect but so was the leather in my 2003 RS6 and it was over 90k new...my only complaint is the clutch engagement by far this has been the hardest car to master...you need to learn how to blip the throttle a bit to make shift smooth and even...

I think the word some is an understatement. Listen from 1:20 to the end youll get the picture; I deal with that every day its a joke. This is totally unacceptable in a $40k plus car. My girlfriends $15k Mazda3 doesnt have ANY rattles/taps/noise other than the road. Its such a turn off to the point I probably wont buy another Infiniti especially after dealing with consumer affairs about this, but thats another issue. My point is that for a luxury car, the interior build quality is really below Infiniti's competitors in my experience at least. Newer G's may be different but i'm not satisfied at all with mine other than the way it drives/looks.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:26 PM
G37S-OONER
Banned

Originally Posted by pkvir
Guess mine didn't come with this hidden option.
I have no clue what he is talking about.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Flashlight
Registered Member

Like : everything
Dislike: no auto folding mirrors, no auto heating mirrors
Old 12-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Beer Magazine

Since I'm on my second G here's my list
2009/G37S Vert now 2012 G37S MT Sedan

Likes: Looks, power, value (my lease is what you can lease a GTI for), nicer navi in the 12. MT is way better, gets rid of all the awkwardness of the auto and oddly enough feels smoother at redline.

Dislikes: Sports seats are terrible. BMW seats are way better. Single blink instead of 3 blink option.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:59 PM
sebounet

like : kick in your *** power, smile inmy face when doing full throttle, size, not so much electronic control it lets you play a bit before acting. exhaust sound when my window is open. seats are confortable. sound system. keyless entry

dislike : engine sound almost like a diesel sometimes, fuel comsumption, engine sound when window are closed at high rpm. expensive . some plastics feel cheap. some rattles, not so much i must admit. fragile suspension. brakes wear fast (compare to other acura i have owned before). expensive maintenance at steal price by infiniti dealers. interior design. scratch shield paint, because scratch too easiliy

no hate, no like : exterior design.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Randjet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like the way the car drives, dislike the garbage interior build quality
You must drive a different car.The fit and finish of my S is outstanding.The plastic has a nice textural appeal not found in other upscale cars I've driven.The leather is supple and rich.Tight with no rattles or squeaks.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:46 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by G37S-OONER
I have no clue what he is talking about.
look on the right side of the center-rear armrest. there is a compartment that is for a small weapon. Infiniti claims it is for the first aid kit.

Quick Reply: What do you like/dislike about your G37?