G37 Sedan

Top Speed exhaust for the Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Looks like you owned them into submission and they have since choked on their own rubbish and cannot speak.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:42 PM
DeepRumble

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blnewt
Now that's funny as hell
BTW Deeprumble, thanks for the pics and sound clip, I like the way it turned out and for the price I'm definitely considering it.
No problem. I'm glad i could help out. As i have said before, i have been there and done that when it comes to high priced exhausts and performance parts. This exhaust is pretty nice in my opinion for the price.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,730 Likes on 3,534 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Looks like you owned them into submission and they have since choked on their own rubbish and cannot speak.
On vacation without daily access to wifi, is all. "owned them into submission" LOL

catback is everything from the main cat (or cats) on back, regardless of a splitter after a main cat. It's really not that complicated. Everything else is just parsing words for the sake of self-image. You want to call it a "partial cat-back", fine. No one really cares.

blah blah blah

OP, it's a nice looking setup, although first impression on the visuals place the tips a little low.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:33 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by nycty

Topspeed Pro 1 Infiniti G35/G37 Sedan Exhaust System - YouTube
In that vid you can't really notice it but that could be just lighting?
Thanks for that clip, sounds nice and the tips look like they fit real snug under the bumper. I'm probably going to order one soon w/ a Megan Racing Y pipe to complete the catback, I'll definitely post pics & sound if I get this done.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Hey OP, could you break out the ruler for me?

What's the diameter on those tips, please? They seem pretty big, I'm guessing 4.0".
Old 03-08-2012, 05:27 PM
patel0057
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
called top speed and they told me the "Cat Back" exhaust would not fit the X model sedans.. But pictured here it clearly fits
Old 03-08-2012, 06:09 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Rochester
Hey OP, could you break out the ruler for me?

What's the diameter on those tips, please? They seem pretty big, I'm guessing 4.0".
Called George @ Topspeed, he said they are indeed 4". From what I've read the Topspeed is based on the HKS exhaust.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Called George @ Topspeed, he said they are indeed 4". From what I've read the Topspeed is based on the HKS exhaust.
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the rear profile when paired with 4.0" round tips. Although the bumper isn't the same as the 2010+, it still helps.

Thank you, sir.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:47 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the rear profile when paired with 4.0" round tips. Although the bumper isn't the same as the 2010+, it still helps.

Thank you, sir.
He was pretty quick to reply, I think they're more like 4.5" which is just a bit wider than the oval stock G tips but definitely quite a bit larger top to bottom. This is from the Ebay ad which translates into 2.5" tubes and 4.5" tips. I think they look pretty nice that size as long as they don't stick out much.~

*** Brand New released TOP SPEED PRO-1 Dual Performance Exhaust System in Polished Stainless Steel with TIG Welding with 115mm Rolled Edge Tips / 60mm Piping
Old 03-08-2012, 08:53 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by patel0057
called top speed and they told me the "Cat Back" exhaust would not fit the X model sedans.. But pictured here it clearly fits
Maybe that's why Deeprumbles tips seem a bit lower than the tips on the above white RWD? Is there any difference in exhaust clearance(s) between the X and the RWD I wonder? Deeprumbles pics form the underside looks like everything fits like it should, just a bit lower at the mufflers than the white one.
Any exhaust experts out there??
Old 03-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Rochester
Administrator

He was pretty quick to reply, I think they're more like 4.5" which is just a bit wider than the oval stock G tips but definitely quite a bit larger top to bottom. This is from the Ebay ad which translates into 2.5" tubes and 4.5" tips. I think they look pretty nice that size as long as they don't stick out much.~

*** Brand New released TOP SPEED PRO-1 Dual Performance Exhaust System in Polished Stainless Steel with TIG Welding with 115mm Rolled Edge Tips / 60mm Piping
155mm is 4.5 inches, so yeah, you're right.

The OEM tips are 4.5" x 3.5" oval, with a 30* slash cut and rolled edge. They're short and clamped on, with an obvious seam at the bottom. I'm going to replace them sometime this Spring.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-22-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:32 PM
yevi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They look awesome, I had an HKS axleback with 3" tips and it looked and sounded great.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
NO & NO! Know WTF you are talking abut before talking all hostile. Yes a cat-back exhaust is ALL exhaust components from the rear of the catalytic converters back. For the G that consists of a Y-pipe, mid pipe, and muffler rear section. 3 components.

Infiniti G35 G37 Sedan 07-11 Catback Exhaust System Systems by Top Speed Pro-1 | eBay

As you can see, Top Speed Pro only pictures a mid pipe and rear muffler section(s). So, my original question was, is it a true cat-back with a y pipe that may not have been in the photo since everyone was referring to it as a cat back. BUT in the third picture that the OP provided, I can visually see he has the STOCK y pipe. SO AS I SAID - this is not a true CAT BACK exhaust. It would be a Y-pipe back system. 1 short of a cat back and 1 more than an axle back.

Anyone that knows what they are talking about or anything about cars would know what I am saying. Understand?
Haha, I know what you mean! I had a top speed on my coupe and it was loud as hell...we actually had a really hard time getting the silencers out, that was also only a Y Pipe back style system. It sounded good, but droned a lot and was hella loud!
Old 03-12-2012, 01:44 PM
themajesticking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by surfjax87
Go use some 6" pipes for your exhaust and see what the result is. Without forced induction, 3" is just simply too much for the car.

In for pics and vids OP.
Dude wtf are you talking about? Are you serious? Just about all exhaust manufacturers either make true dual (2.25" or 2.5") which go into an X pipe or stand alone which means that is a total of 4.5" or 5". OR they make 2 (2.25" or 2.5") pipes that collect into a 3" (or larger) pipe. I don't think I've ever seen any VQ exhaust other than maybe Stillen that collects into a 2.5" pipe. I'm not saying that this will cause a tremendous loss in possible HP. Im saying that I prefer to get the most possible hp out of my setup. I've owned a 3" and a true dual exhaust before and I prefer the true dual. However, I may buy this exhaust and get it modified.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:50 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

I got one last night on Ebay auction ($399.99 shipped) so I'll be sure to post close up picks pre & post install, and if I can figure out how to post sound clips I'll try to do a before & after. I'm going to hold off on t Y pipe & see how I like it first. It seems like only exhaustdepot makes a Y pipe that joins at a 2.5" flange, and from what I've read the ones that end in a 3" flange cause drone and interrupts the smooth exhaust flow.

Quick Reply: Top Speed exhaust for the Sedan?