G37 Sedan

My G37x car was a loaner?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:51 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Gopher
I can't fault the dealer for being willing to take the car back, but I don't think that is what I want to do. I like the car, and it will probably be OK--I'm just annoyed by the scenario.

Returning it would be a big hassle, particularly as I got a good price, but a crappy trade in value for my BMW--if I return it I lose both ways.
In this case (if I have the facts right), tell the dealer you were under the impression the car was a one-lessee return, not a courtesy car. Because of that, you have a concern of car abuse. See if they will offer an extended warranty.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:29 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by MurderedG37s
I would have kept that one to myself anyways...Thats like saying, "I hooked up with this chick last night and when I went to grab her cooter I grabbed a d!ck!" what should I do? I feel cheated.

Well OP, That sucks *****, plain in simple. But what can you do.
That's funny...but pretty much true
Old 12-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I fail to see the difference between a previously leased car and a loaner except that the loaner is usually better maintained.

Do you know anyone who have leased cars. Most don't give a **** about maintaining anything, they know it's going back. Most dealers would at least maintain thier loaners with regular maintence because they know they will eventually sell it. Most people I know with leases don't even bother changing thier air filters in 4 years because it's an unnecessary expense for a car that they're giving back.

And how much damage do you think people can possibly do to a car for a couple of days. When I get a loaner I'm pretty careful because I don't wanna bring it back with damage because it then comes out of my pocket. I drive it hard but not that much harder than my own car. I do wanna keep my license. If they own an Infiniti they are probably responsible adults so I doubt they would be laughing like a madman and pouring coffee into the vents or sugar into the gas tank because they got a loaner. They do have to bring the car back in one piece.

As for driving it hard, do you think they take it to the track the minute they leave the dealership? And driving a car hard is probably better for the engine long term than driving it like a granny where you never exceed 3K RPM's. The VQ is a solid engine, it demands to be driven hard so it can breathe.

If the exterior and interior show no signs of wear then I don't know what the big deal is. Even if they spilled drinks or smoked, the dealer detailed the car and cleaned up everything just like they do with leased cars. If you don't see interior damage then it's not there.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:24 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan

Do you know anyone who have leased cars. Most don't give a **** about maintaining anything, they know it's going back. Most dealers would at least maintain thier loaners with regular maintence because they know they will eventually sell it. Most people I know with leases don't even bother changing thier air filters in 4 years because it's an unnecessary expense for a car that they're giving back.
I've leased several cars over the years and always maintain them like I would any other vehicle. I won't buy a set of premium tires or brake pads at lease end but will make sure everything has been maintained properly and w/ quality oil, etc. I've also known many folks that lease and typically they keep their cars in top shape.

Sure there's some that are like some apartment renters where they neglect the thing and then clean it all up the day before turning in the vehicle hoping to get their security deposit back, but I would say they're in the minority.

These leased cars have to get you 30-40k miles down the road and like you mentioned Infinitis are an above average class of automobile that typically will be driven by more responsible adults whether it's leased or owned.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Gopher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
As for driving it hard, do you think they take it to the track the minute they leave the dealership? And driving a car hard is probably better for the engine long term than driving it like a granny where you never exceed 3K RPM's. The VQ is a solid engine, it demands to be driven hard so it can breathe.
That is very similar to a conversation I had with a mechanic buddy of mine. It put me at ease a bit more so I called the used car manager back and worked out the thing with the wheels.

Then I start reading things from dealers like Rick saying not even with 1000 and other posts about minimal service and it makes me wishy washy.

I've got thirty thousand miles of warranty--hopefully any damage will present itself in that window.

For now I'll just enjoy the car, probably service it at another dealership with a better reputation thats right near my work and put it in the past.

On the subject of wheels, when I meet with him I think I want these for my slate blue sedan.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:23 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Good luck OP and welcome to the site (and I mean that sincerely )
These really are well built tough vehicles and having plenty of warranty left should make it easier to drive without worries. Just enjoy the ride & your new wheels, post some pics when you get it all together.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:00 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
That is very similar to a conversation I had with a mechanic buddy of mine. It put me at ease a bit more so I called the used car manager back and worked out the thing with the wheels.

Then I start reading things from dealers like Rick saying not even with 1000 and other posts about minimal service and it makes me wishy washy.

I've got thirty thousand miles of warranty--hopefully any damage will present itself in that window.

For now I'll just enjoy the car, probably service it at another dealership with a better reputation thats right near my work and put it in the past.

On the subject of wheels, when I meet with him I think I want these for my slate blue sedan.

i would consider the 2008-2010 coupe 19s. the older ones you are looking at will look appear smaller because of the lip.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Gopher

Hmm, doing a bit of reading it appears I may have to avoid the coupe's 19s as they're staggered and not appropriate for awd.

I guess I'll have some homework to do before making a decision.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:10 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
That is true. Although not recommended, many have ran the staggered setup on X with no issues. But I believe that will affect your warranty. You can have them throw in a set of sport 18s (non staggered) either from the coupe or the sedan. I recommend the sport 18s from the sedan though. (the split 7 spokes).
Old 12-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Gopher

Originally Posted by sniper27
That is true. Although not recommended, many have ran the staggered setup on X with no issues. But I believe that will affect your warranty. You can have them throw in a set of sport 18s (non staggered) either from the coupe or the sedan. I recommend the sport 18s from the sedan though. (the split 7 spokes).
Thanks, I did that. I'm getting the 18 inch split spokes tomorrow at 9AM.

The ordeal is annoying, but the dealership was at least classy about it. I complained, they reacted. I didn't have to make threats or yell or anything.

I can respect that. As long as I don't get some BS tomorrow, I'll put this behind me.

Thanks for the opinions/feedback guys.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:24 PM
tejasg37x

Originally Posted by sniper27
I have these and like them...I don't see that many of them on other cars. Now if I can find proper lowering springs for the X and get rid of that gap. Still no one has come out with the correct springs for G37X Sedan...
Old 12-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Gopher

Looks nice.

Disappointing to read on the springs though. I was planning on looking into lowering it next warm season...

Are there any in the works?
Old 12-02-2011, 03:38 PM
tejasg37x

Looks nice.

Disappointing to read on the springs though. I was planning on looking into lowering it next warm season...

Are there any in the works?
Swift keeps telling me next month every time I contact them... I haven't heard anything this month. Some people use the ones for the G35X, but it doesn't turn out quite right.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Good choice on the split spoke 18" wheels, I had them on my 07 and they're SOOO much nicer looking than the current 17 & 18" sedan wheels on the G37s.
You can invest a bit more and get coilovers for your X and get just the drop you're looking for and it'll ride better. Might check the used marketplace for better deals
Old 12-02-2011, 04:18 PM
LakeShow

It's good that they are trying to help you out. Some dealers would just be like it's too bad and too late.

Quick Reply: My G37x car was a loaner?!?!