G37 Sedan

My G37x car was a loaner?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:58 AM
avsBuddy
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any updates on this? Where you able to get dealer to buy back your car, or give you extended warranty?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:27 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Micron
They did not lease it or rent it... a loaner is a loaner. If individuals were PAYING to take the car out, the story would be ENTIRELY different.

...I'm not sure why you turned around and stated that you don't believe they had to tell him who leased it and/or how it was used, since that ultimately invalidates your first comment.....
His first post says they (the dealer) did lease the car them selves and rented it.
I never turned on my own statement. I stated that "a respectable dealer would have told him". I never said they had to or should have...there's a difference.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Gopher

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
His first post says they (the dealer) did lease the car them selves and rented it.
I never turned on my own statement. I stated that "a respectable dealer would have told him". I never said they had to or should have...there's a difference.
I think this hits the nail on the head.

I can't fault the dealer for being willing to take the car back, but I don't think that is what I want to do. I like the car, and it will probably be OK--I'm just annoyed by the scenario.

Returning it would be a big hassle, particularly as I got a good price, but a crappy trade in value for my BMW--if I return it I lose both ways.

Micron,

I think you've made your opinions clear and I can see you've drawn a negative opinion of me. Likewise, I've drawn an equally, if not more so, negative of you.

I don't think we have anything else to say to each other, so maybe its time to move along.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Micron

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Exclamation

The title of his thread says loaner, he says loaner, his friend says loaner... yet he threw that they "rented it." Again, apples and oranges. If they were charging people for the use of the vehicle, then it was a rental. Otherwise, it was not.

I've never heard of a courtesy vehicle (as it had clearly been labelled on the rear window as the OP discovered) being RENTED. Hence the term LOANER. MASSIVE difference.

And again, it falls back to what the Carfax says... if it says the owner was commercial, this entire discussion is a moot point and the "issue" behind this thread is a non-issue!

Gopher - Actually, you're 100% wrong... I have no ill-will towards you or your friend here. I have no negative opinion of you other than not thinking too highly of folks who abuse the hell out of loaners but would have a coronary if people did the same thing to stuff they own. I would go ape-**** if someone did something to one of my vehicles, so I treat other people's stuff how I want mine to be treated. Same goes for everything else in life.

Everything went personal in this thread, and I don't think anyone intended it to be... if the Carfax says it was commercial, own up to it and acknowledge you should have checked yourself. Personal accountability is a fastpath to massive respect. Otherwise, I'm all for you sticking it to the dealership in every way possible, because they fudged the documentation and committed fraud.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:54 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
This whole problem could've been prevented if only the dude that was in charge of preparing the car, removed the decal/marking completely. So, that guy.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:05 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
[QUOTE=Micron;3295292]The title of his thread says loaner, he says loaner, his friend says loaner... yet he threw that they "rented it." Again, apples and oranges. If they were charging people for the use of the vehicle, then it was a rental. Otherwise, it was not.

I've never heard of a courtesy vehicle (as it had clearly been labelled on the rear window as the OP discovered) being RENTED. Hence the term LOANER. MASSIVE difference.

And again, it falls back to what the Carfax says... if it says the owner was commercial, this entire discussion is a moot point and the "issue" behind this thread is a non-issue!

There are thousands of threads with misleading titles. I don't take much stock in them. I prefer to read the post. Regardless of what the title says, he clearly wrote that the dealership was the one leasing it and renting it. They may have an internal renting dept...who knows.

My Nissan/Infiniti dealership, in Guelph, rents me a car ( a Nissan Max or Infiniti G, depending what they have in at the time) as a loaner when I need one.

At this point a Carfax report is useless for determining who leased it. He already knows. It would only be useful for accident reports and it's not very reliable for that either.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Micron

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
My Nissan/Infiniti dealership, in Guelph, rents me a car ( a Nissan Max or Infiniti G, depending what they have in at the time) as a loaner when I need one.
Now you're arguing semantics over the definition of a word, based on your own opinion without clarification by the OP. A rental, you'd have to pay for... and would likely be taken better care of due to the rental agreement. A loaner/courtesy, you don't. Also, the VIN history would indicate it was a rental due to being owned by a rental/fleet company.

At this point a Carfax report is useless for determining who leased it. He already knows. It would only be useful for accident reports and it's not very reliable for that either.
You're not comprehending what I'm saying then... The Carfax would settle this COMPLETELY regarding what type of entity leased the vehicle, which is how the OP felt he was duped. (READ: Commercial or Personal)

If it says that it was owned commercially, it obviously wasn't owned by a personal user and therefore the purchase is his responsibility for not getting what they said in writing... IE: The Carfax. However, if they only ever said it was a "Private Party" lease, they didn't say anything misleading, and the responsibility for clarification was dropped on the OPs court.

If it says it was personally owned, he actually has a very legitimate complaint.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:58 PM
The Jewbag

Rule of thumb for Jewbag: Never EVER buy a lease returned car. ESPECIALLY in NY where people are sh!theads in every other aspect of life anyways.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Rick@PerryInfiniti
Former Sponsor

From my point of view and from what I have seen. I WOULD NEVER buy a car that was previously a loaner car at ANY dealership even it had 1K miles on it. Those are the toughest miles that car will ever see. People beat on these cars so bad it's not even funny. Just looking at the forums and reading peoples stories of what they've done to the loaners or in them is not cool, funny as hell, but not cool.

I would take the car back and get something new. In the end though it's up to you and what is in the budget. I know I've heard a few stories from a lot forum members at meets and events on how they've raped the loaners they were in (not going to mention names).
Old 12-01-2011, 01:47 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
The tech at Infiniti told me that they do very little maintenance on the loaners as well.... they said why maintain something thats just going back?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Gopher

Yeesh! I was starting to think maybe I was over thinking things and it wasn't a big deal, but seeing these posts from a dealer and infiniti service perspective, I'm once again uneasy.

I'd like to keep the car, but it sounds like maybe I should be taking them up on their buyback offer. Grrr.

To clear things up, I do not think they took money for it and I think it was just a loaner. The legal requirement to disclose it as a rental vehicle was probably not in place, however I do call '**** move' in the way it was described. Just because something isn't necessarily fraud doesn't make being deceptive/misleading kosher.

Last edited by Gopher; 12-01-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:36 PM
kosstick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
The tech at Infiniti told me that they do very little maintenance on the loaners as well.... they said why maintain something thats just going back?
Agreed, LOL at people who think Loaner cars get royal treatment or wonderful maintenance because they are dealer cars (maybe some dealers do but majority of dealers don't). ALso for the person who said a leased out car could have been driven harder than a loaner car, you are right.. But the loaner car has more chances of being driven harder because it sees 2-3 different driver per week... Each with different driving habits and each with different morals and thoughts about how a car should be treated.

I know a bunch of people that treat their loaner cars in very stupid ways (driving it in 1st - 2nd gear only and not shifting, or driving through speed bumps at stupid speeds)
Old 12-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Gopher

Originally Posted by Rick@riversideinfiniti
From my point of view and from what I have seen. I WOULD NEVER buy a car that was previously a loaner car at ANY dealership even it had 1K miles on it. Those are the toughest miles that car will ever see. People beat on these cars so bad it's not even funny. Just looking at the forums and reading peoples stories of what they've done to the loaners or in them is not cool, funny as hell, but not cool.

I would take the car back and get something new. In the end though it's up to you and what is in the budget. I know I've heard a few stories from a lot forum members at meets and events on how they've raped the loaners they were in (not going to mention names).
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
Originally Posted by The Jewbag
Rule of thumb for Jewbag: Never EVER buy a lease returned car. ESPECIALLY in NY where people are sh!theads in every other aspect of life anyways.
Originally Posted by da mayor
i will say this being around cars like this every day.... New York you can't drive a loaner car under 21.... I think average people driving these loaner vehicles is about 50+...

loaner cars are washed and cleaned more frequently than some people take care of their own cars.

Kenny,

I'm not sure driver age or frequency of car washes really address my concerns, bro...
Old 12-01-2011, 02:50 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I see some people are arguing about the definition of "rental" vs. "loaner" or whatever. What difference does that make? IMO, it just basically means the car was driven by different people in short periods. It might or might not have been abused badly but there is a big chance that it was.

It's like some men care about how many other men their girlfriends/wives have slept with before. Some do, some don't. Same difference. OP, if you have to think about this, my advice for you is to return it and get something else. You will regret later if you keep this car.

This is the time when you shouldn't get emotionally attached to it.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:11 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kosstick
I know a bunch of people that treat their loaner cars in very stupid ways (driving it in 1st - 2nd gear only and not shifting, or driving through speed bumps at stupid speeds)
Those are the types of people that should not be allowed to have a drivers license, drive a car, or even be on the streets at all...

Quick Reply: My G37x car was a loaner?!?!