G37 Sedan

Took My Second Test Drive Today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 04:53 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
Stupid iPad.

Do you think he owners who hate the 7 speed will keep there's? They'll probably get a bimmer. The overheating effected a small percentage and is a thing of the past. If the economy was better I would be driving a loaded 335 not a g. I don't care about the reliability ratings, they never tell you if you will have a positive ownership experience.
I don't like the 7AT, but I don't want a bimmer next. I didn't have good experience with BMW. I rather drive my 7AT G than to constantly visit the BMW shop.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:43 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by avsBuddy
I didn't not test drive 335i because it's in a another price range bracket, and it's not even offered in manual.
Incorrect. Most dealers won't have a manual on the lot because the majority of buyers opt for the auto.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just love to read the random posts of a previous BMW owners sticking up for their car. I have nothing against them, but I agree with the people that said they bought their car for more whats under the hood and performance oriented features. Look at a Corvette, for another 10 to 15k you will most likely find cheaper or similar "buttons," save for the bigger motor and performance. Also plastics are a good weight saving design.

I love my 37S, definitely not on the same level as my old M45 Sport...but that was also another $20k more vehicle too. It's comfortable and a head turner and there are plenty of options for what I would want to do to personalize and make it sound great. One thing you can't deny, and what I hate, is the sound of some of the BMW's I've heard with exhausts that sound high pitched and IMO ricey. My friend's M3 sounded exactly like that, while all I've ever gotten is compliments on my old VQ35, VK45 and my new VQ37S.

To the OP, I would agree that if you have issues with some of the basic functions of the vehicle that you might touch a couple times over the life of the vehicle you will find problems in every car. Do I have to say that a Cadillac DTS, Buick Lucern, Chevrolet Impala and a newer Malibu have almost the EXACT same buttons, displays and *****? Riddle me that when your comparing 45k+ to a 20k+ car? Just sayin
Old 11-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
i dont know what ur talking bout, but i like my interior
Old 11-17-2011, 07:22 PM
sarge_in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shabadoo25
Yeah. I guess I am looking for all the following, especially leaving Bimmer:

1. Upscale interior including a very good/great stereo.
2. Something less grandpa than the Lexus experience, but not boy racer, either.
3. A deal that makes sense financially.

Not sure I would ever be happy sitting in a quasi-lame plastic interior while making a less-than-small car payment every month.

This, and the need for reliability, is a recipe for the TL. The 2012 update made the exterior much more palatable as well, YMMV. In any case, don't let the exterior looks prevent you from a test-drive at the very least. As has been said, the FWD and SH-AWD are 2 very different cars, even for dry weather handling. Try them both!

FWIW, I went through a loong TL vs G37 decision process and ended up with the TL SH-AWD - big reasons being interior, tech stuff including stereo and the car size.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:10 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I love wickenburg. Quaint town. Will probably be there in a few days. I hope you don't get nailed by the cops going hyper legal speeds.

I think a number of posters have BMW remorse. The g is a good car don't get me wrong, and is sexy with the right options and color combo. But the bimmer is just the better sports sedan.
you should definitely return your G37 bought and go get BMW,.

almost every single post I read, you are regretting.

man up, really. You get a car fits you not buying one and regretful for it all day and posting up.
in fact, G is in fact surpasses value than 3 series in ALL ASPECTS except the handling on 335s.. be realistic and get yourself a tissue to wipe.
end of there
Old 11-17-2011, 08:14 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

san~man & g37guy01, if you guys regret of your purchase, go trade for a 335 then talk on bimmer forum. really it's irritating see you guys post everywhere with your '3-SERIES LOVE"
Wow,.. THEN WHY WOULD YOU BUY G37 INITIALLY?
Old 11-17-2011, 08:55 PM
san~man

Who said anything about regret? The only thing I regret is having to sell it. Since your reading comprehension is lacking, I've stated numerous times I love my G, and loved my 335.

The 335 was simply a better car. Period.

Get over it.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:03 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Originally Posted by san~man
Who said anything about regret? The only thing I regret is having to sell it. Since your reading comprehension is lacking, I've stated numerous times I love my G, and loved my 335.

The 335 was simply a better car. Period.

Get over it.
G37 better than 335i in value! all day
Old 11-17-2011, 09:25 PM
san~man

Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
G37 better than 335i in value! all day
We've already agreed it's the better value, but not the better car.

Move along now, nothing else to see.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:28 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by san~man
We've already agreed it's the better value, but not the better car.

Move along now, nothing else to see.
It depends on your own definition of what a better car is. To some, the G37 is a better car, while to some the 335 is a better car.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:57 PM
FootLong

Guys every car has its positives and it's negatives. In my opinion, I think the g offers everything that I need: awd, decent gas mileage, luxury, technology, resale value, and most importantly reliability. I'm not ever one to put another car manufacturer down, but dollar for dollar you cannot compare a g37 to a 335. I will never listen to the argument. it isn't even close! With BMW, you are definitely paying for the badge on the car. Is t a greAt car....absolutely. It's about status and whipping your car keys out in front of a group of women at a bar and showing off. I have read so many articles between consumer reports, motor trend, road track, users reviews,....ect. I have never once, I repeat never once seen that a 335 has better reliability than a g. Most people that buy their g probably look at the 335 and most could even buy one. The issue is maintaining them. If the cars have the same issues, you are guaranteed that the BMW will be at least 1.5 times higher than the g. For the guys saying that the 335 might be a better car overall, well if it is (maybe?), it should be for the money. In the same arguement, The difference is that I would like to hear about a cheaper car that is a better value for the money than the g.....probably not going to happen.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:03 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
san~man & g37guy01, if you guys regret of your purchase, go trade for a 335 then talk on bimmer forum. really it's irritating see you guys post everywhere with your '3-SERIES LOVE"
Wow,.. THEN WHY WOULD YOU BUY G37 INITIALLY?
Excuse me sir. I love my G37 quirks and all. I'm sorry it appears to pain you the 335 is an all around better sports sedan. I frankly will repeat myself till I'm blue in the face. The bimmer may not be the car for you for a variety of reasons, but that doesn't take away that it is the class leader for performing the functions of a sport sedan.

You may not like the interior, price, exterior, seats, nav, radio, mirrors, tailights or whatever, but it will beat up the G in smoothness and road feel. If you don't like to hear it, stop telling me to go to another forum.

Regards, G
Old 11-17-2011, 10:05 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by HappyG
It depends on your own definition of what a better car is. To some, the G37 is a better car, while to some the 335 is a better car.
It's a better sports sedan. ^^^^see above.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 PM
FootLong

It's a better sports sedan. ^^^^see above.
In all honesty, why did you not get one/another 335? I'm really confused. If I felt that biased on something, I would have saved up a little longer and spent that extra hard earned cash on something I absolutely loved and had no regrets doing (a used one high mileage and all). I wouldn't even buy a tv that I thought was good, but I loved another better that was a little more expensive (and that is a small purchase, not something that is pretty much the second biggest purchase besides a house)

Quick Reply: Took My Second Test Drive Today...