G37 Sedan

Took My Second Test Drive Today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 04:01 PM
rabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is the G really just a "bargain 3 series" ?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Coprolite

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I assume you tested an '11 or '12. I feel that the '11 is much better than previous years that I had tested. Leather isn't quite to the BMW level, but the design beats it hands down. Maybe they'll get it right with their new sedan.

Acura interiors are marginally better than Infiniti, but the NAV drives me crazy compared to the G.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:36 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i dont think the interior is cheap at all. maybe your used to something more expensive. i find the seats comfortable too. not sure if ones body type makes a difference or not.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:51 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
the interior isn't the greatest ...agreed! but on the other hand the reliability factor versus the other cars i was looking at (a4, 335i) were my selling points. that and aftermarket support (uprev).

infiniti dealership's suck *** though. had i known, i honestly would've gone elsewhere. eh...despite, i love my sedan!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 PM
eksigned

Originally Posted by rabbit
is the G really just a "bargain 3 series" ?
to each his/her own, but in all honesty, i didn't buy a 335i because i couldn't afford it comfortably (including price of potential time invested for maintenance, warranty fixes, etc.). i could've purchased used, but in all honesty, with any car -- if you can't afford to buy one new, you can't really afford to buy them used. hope that doesn't offend anyone. the more expensive the car is, the more expensive maintenance is + aftermarket parts. ie m3 exhaust (some) = 6K!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:58 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by eksigned
the interior isn't the greatest ...agreed! but on the other hand the reliability factor versus the other cars i was looking at (a4, 335i) were my selling points. that and aftermarket support (uprev).

infiniti dealership's suck *** though. had i known, i honestly would've gone elsewhere. eh...despite, i love my sedan!
There is no reliability issue with the 3er, even CR recommends them.

Maybe your infininti dealership sucks, but mine doesn't.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:06 PM
eksigned

Originally Posted by g37guy01
There is no reliability issue with the 3er, even CR recommends them.

Maybe your infininti dealership sucks, but mine doesn't.
I suppose. I really, really, really do wish my local dealership wasn't so terrible though - I like to be a loyal customer!

As for the bimmer issue, what's the point of having a good recommendation from CR when in reality, so many bmw owners are having car issues? It's subjective...depending on the BMW owners you know. You know what I mean (lol)? But even so, I'm sure they had reason to say so
Old 11-16-2011, 05:17 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by shabadoo25
That's where I am likely headed. Though as much as I like it, I probably won't spring for the SH-AWD. Fun or not, it's just a waste of money and gas in Florida.
Just a quick comment: IMO the SH-AWD is not ONLY just for wet/snow, but also for the driving dynamics. The regular TL and SH-AWD TL are two different cars. Test drive them, you'll see.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:25 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shabadoo25
That's where I am likely headed. Though as much as I like it, I probably won't spring for the SH-AWD. Fun or not, it's just a waste of money and gas in Florida.
Wow, so you'd take an atrocious looking exterior combined with an Accord based FWD platform because of a couple of chintzy looking ***** in the G37.

You sound like a perfect candidate for a Lexus or a Lincoln.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:03 PM
blackhawksfan81

We all know all about the interior; most of us own (or rent) them. What's the point of this thread, other than looking for someone to talk you into or out of a purchase?

BMW, Audi, Merc, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti are all great automakers and if you're upset about the side-view mirror **** I'm concerned you'll find something wrong with each of those other makes. Maybe go test drive a Chevy or something to recalibrate your quality meter.

Good luck with your decision though. I hope you follow up and let us know what you end up choosing.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:25 PM
JMP0323

Yep, this thread is a waste of time.

"2nd test drive" "crappy *****" ???? Seriously?

Then get something else. FWD! Have fun with that torque steer buddy.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by madmax2k1
Wow, so you'd take an atrocious looking exterior combined with an Accord based FWD platform because of a couple of chintzy looking ***** in the G37.

You sound like a perfect candidate for a Lexus or a Lincoln.
Post of the day. Not to mention the TL's interior gives you a headache just looking at it. All I imagined was having to put sticky notes on the buttons to remember what they do. It's overkill but Honda is famous for that. I wanna drive the damn car, not spend a week reading the owner's manual trying to figure out what everything means. I think the G interior is understated and classy.

I find the G's interior also markedly better than the 3 series. Audi owns the segment though.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Itchytoe

I'm actually offended that you would refer to the G as a "bargain 3 series". If that's what you think, I'm glad you don't have one.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:11 PM
zoner

TL is so ugly I never even wasted my time visiting the Acura dealer and I own an Accord that I drive in bad weather that I love. Audi sounds like it is more your taste but don't expect any bargains there both upfront and in the long term. Just be sure to sell the Audi before the warranty runs out.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:24 PM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I like my G, except the front seats are very uncomfortable (did not detect that during the buying process) Yes to me it is a bargain 335 and potentially more reliable.

Quick Reply: Took My Second Test Drive Today...