G37 Sedan

I'm so glad I chose the G37 over the new BMW 3 series~

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Racer_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My .02:

Having owned two BMW's prior to my G35, I can assure you that the 3 is a superior vehicle, but not when it comes to value.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:38 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kanariya
I do get a loaner from Infiniti for the time it's in the shop.
But their loaners smell like ****.
I had a G25 loaner last time in, terrible car.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:44 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by san~man
I had a G25 loaner last time in, terrible car.
the G25 is supposed combating against the 328i, but comes in lose.

the G37, IMO, is better than 328I, while shorter a little bit than the 335i,

hope this makes sense to my original post.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:49 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
the G25 is supposed combating against the 328i, but comes in lose.

the G37, IMO, is better than 328I, while shorter a little bit than the 335i,

hope this makes sense to my original post.
While I would rather drive a G37 than a 328 the 328 has superior driving dynamics and a superior suspension, albeit less horsepower. The 335 is a superior sports sedan.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:26 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree with most about 335 being superior to the G.

If money is not an issue, I'll take the 335. But if you think about the maintenance and POSSIBLE expensive repairs not to mention the extra purchase cost, the G wins. Simple as that.

Now talking about the 328, I can't justify the price tag. I got to drive a 328 loaner a couple of weeks ago. The sedan has a sticker price of $40K (which I think could be sold at 36K+tax). It looks bland both inside and outside. It is not even comparably equipped compared to my G sedan which I got for 34.5K + tax. That 3 doesn't have the sport package so the driving dynamics to me is just so so. However, it's more refined when it comes to NVH though.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:34 PM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shabadoo25
Not that it matters that much to the original point, but you don't wait in a BMW waiting room for your broken down car.

You hop into a 328i loaner and you're on your way.
They didn't do that for me. All of their loaners were out. They put all of us in a van and dropped us off at a local car rental place and rented each one of us a car. I was so pi**ed!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:37 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Originally Posted by hadokenuh

If money is not an issue, I'll take the 335. But if you think about the maintenance and POSSIBLE expensive repairs not to mention the extra purchase cost, the G wins. Simple as that.

Now talking about the 328, I can't justify the price tag. I got to drive a 328 loaner a couple of weeks ago. The sedan has a sticker price of $40K (which I think could be sold at 36K+tax). It looks bland both inside and outside. It is not even comparably equipped compared to my G sedan which I got for 34.5K + tax. That 3 doesn't have the sport package so the driving dynamics to me is just so so. However, it's more refined when it comes to NVH though.
There are opportunity costs associated with Bimmers. in which, i think G37 stands way valuable in a long run
Old 11-16-2011, 08:12 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by hadokenuh

BMW sells a boatload of them, so obviously not everyone thinks like you.

What you call bland, I call beautiful sculpted. What you call bland inside, I call exactly the way I like my interiors. To each their own. As I said the G is a better value, the better car for me, not the best sports sedan.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:29 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Originally Posted by g37guy01
BMW sells a boatload of them, so obviously not everyone thinks like you.

What you call bland, I call beautiful sculpted. What you call bland inside, I call exactly the way I like my interiors. To each their own. As I said the G is a better value, the better car for me, not the best sports sedan.
its a bit contradicting reading your post, 1st part you said it's a better value, 2nd part you are saying it's not the best sports sedan.

G is a sports sedan, and best means better value,
Old 11-16-2011, 08:45 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
its a bit contradicting reading your post, 1st part you said it's a better value, 2nd part you are saying it's not the best sports sedan.

G is a sports sedan, and best means better value,
Better value =/= best sedan.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:07 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

"g37guy01" & "san~man" are typical biased BMW lovers.

try saying some similar stuff on Bimmer forum see how people react, they will be 100% supporting you
Old 11-16-2011, 09:29 PM
g37guy01

"g37guy01" & "san~man" are typical biased BMW lovers.

try saying some similar stuff on Bimmer forum see how people react, they will be 100% supporting you
I am biased and so is the media. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here, and say I have no reservations with your thinking the G is the best car for you.

However, if you read the interwebs, only "2 out of 1000 reviews", does not say the same thing about the sublime handling and magical quality of the ride over almost any surface and how the suspension is always able to take what they dish out. Then they talk about the smooth engine and the communicative steering. This is irrespective of the horsepower.

The problem is you are in denial. BMW leads the pack in this territory, of which there are a few contenders. I mean it won the 5 sedan shootout, that should tell you something. It should also tell you something the G came in 2nd. I would have loved to see Acura in this mix.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:43 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Originally Posted by g37guy01
I am biased and so is the media. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here, and say I have no reservations with your thinking the G is the best car for you.

However, if you read the interwebs, only "2 out of 1000 reviews", does not say the same thing about the sublime handling and magical quality of the ride over almost any surface and how the suspension is always able to take what they dish out. Then they talk about the smooth engine and the communicative steering. This is irrespective of the horsepower.

The problem is you are in denial. BMW leads the pack in this territory, of which there are a few contenders. I mean it won the 5 sedan shootout, that should tell you something. It should also tell you something the G came in 2nd. I would have loved to see Acura in this mix.
All i read to understand from you and "san-man" is your BMW investment is A BIG success. and you are defensive to your position, but you also owned a G, and you'd saying a newer investment is a right choice.

this is silly, really. READ reviwers, from all around the world. G sedan, is , i mean a "sedan" ok? , is it better than a 3 series sedan,

PROOF: "Infiniti's G sedan offers performance, refinement, and available all-wheel drive, making it an excellent alternative to rivals in this highly competitive class. These virtues, teamed with prices that undercut those rivals, make these Infinitis stand out in this category."--Consumer Guide

"[f]or those who would like to get the most power and the most stuff for the least amount of coin, the Infiniti G Sedan is a go-to choice."--Edmunds

"Sensuous new sheetmetal on the body and a revamped cockpit with more technology features mark the 2011 G37, which trims out in four versions laced with the seemingly incongruent combination of elegant cabin appointments and sport-tuned mechanical hardware."--AutoGuide.com

"The extra weight and laughable trunk space might be a stretch for enthusiasts and weekenders, respectively, but the G37 Convertible's ability to deliver the majority of the fixed-roof's strong-suits along with an open-air experience make it the sensible choice." -- Autoblog

DO WE NEED TO TALK MORE?
Old 11-16-2011, 10:45 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

"[f]or those who would like to get the most power and the most stuff for the least amount of coin, the Infiniti G Sedan is a go-to choice."--Edmunds

BANG! RIGHT ON IT

what else can you say now
Old 11-16-2011, 11:07 PM
g37guy01

All i read to understand from you and "san-man" is your BMW investment is A BIG success. and you are defensive to your position, but you also owned a G, and you'd saying a newer investment is a right choice.

this is silly, really. READ reviwers, from all around the world. G sedan, is , i mean a "sedan" ok? , is it better than a 3 series sedan,

PROOF: "Infiniti's G sedan offers performance, refinement, and available all-wheel drive, making it an excellent alternative to rivals in this highly competitive class. These virtues, teamed with prices that undercut those rivals, make these Infinitis stand out in this category."--Consumer Guide

"Sensuous new sheetmetal on the body and a revamped cockpit with more technology features mark the 2011 G37, which trims out in four versions laced with the seemingly incongruent combination of elegant cabin appointments and sport-tuned mechanical hardware."--AutoGuide.com

"The extra weight and laughable trunk space might be a stretch for enthusiasts and weekenders, respectively, but the G37 Convertible's ability to deliver the majority of the fixed-roof's strong-suits along with an open-air experience make it the sensible choice." -- Autoblog

DO WE NEED TO TALK MORE?
You are in denial.

Quick Reply: I'm so glad I chose the G37 over the new BMW 3 series~