G37 Sedan

Best Performance Exhaust for G37X

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 10:25 AM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Post Best Performance Exhaust for G37X

Hi Guys-

What is the Best Performance Exhaust for G37X, and is not much louder than the stock Exhaust??
Old 11-09-2011, 10:47 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
what are your goals?

There really isn't a 'performance' exhaust for the G37 since you will lose low end torque with any aftermarket cat-back. You have the option of axle-back or cat-back options ranging from about $500 to $5000. Most people get the exhaust for looks and/or change the tone as well as loudness over OEM.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:13 AM
warpeacelove

Originally Posted by rks
what are your goals?

There really isn't a 'performance' exhaust for the G37 since you will lose low end torque with any aftermarket cat-back. You have the option of axle-back or cat-back options ranging from about $500 to $5000. Most people get the exhaust for looks and/or change the tone as well as loudness over OEM.
Thanks for the reply "rks" my goal's are to gain more HP and Torque, Please advise me on what would I need in terms of exhaust selection and HFC's.

My main concern is the noise, I don't like loud Exhaust especially when your bite (Power) is not as powerful as your BARK (NOISE).

Do axle-back lose low-end TQ alike the cat-back's?

Last edited by warpeacelove; 11-09-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:22 PM
G37HKS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rks
what are your goals?

Old 11-09-2011, 02:31 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmiesG
you lose some low-end grunt but do get it back (plus a little more) on the high end of the RPM range.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
IMO, I like the sound and specs of Fast Intentions. I'll be putting my order in to Tony soon.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:55 PM
warpeacelove

My question then is what is the BEST Catback on the market for the G37x, I am looking for power(Bite) and not sound(Noise)??
Old 11-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Philip8969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think anyone is going to be able to give you a definite answer on that. I highly doubt anyone on here has done dyno pulls with each one and compared how they sound. You cant really go by what the manufacturer says either because they can really say whatever they want. I have a G37xS sedan and I have the stillen cat back. As far as I know that is still the only cat back that fits on the x sedans. I notice no difference on the bottom end and there is definitely an improvement on the top end. Its not very loud, but has a nice tone to it.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by Philip8969
I don't think anyone is going to be able to give you a definite answer on that. I highly doubt anyone on here has done dyno pulls with each one and compared how they sound. You cant really go by what the manufacturer says either because they can really say whatever they want. I have a G37xS sedan and I have the stillen cat back. As far as I know that is still the only cat back that fits on the x sedans. I notice no difference on the bottom end and there is definitely an improvement on the top end. Its not very loud, but has a nice tone to it.

I completely agree with this. Best is always subjective, but if you don't want something loud, you either need to go with the Stillen or the Fujitsubo exhaust from Infiniti themselves. They both offer slightly louder tone over stock, but not too much like Fast Intentions, because it's about 4 times louder.

I think your best bet is the Fuji exhaust. Slightly better, slightly louder, flawless fitment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGK6l...eature=related
Old 11-09-2011, 04:40 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
any given exhaust system isn't really much in terms of whp/wtq gain. it's mainly for sound. if you read around - you'll find articles stating observations about exhaust systems that are actually smaller in diameter than the typical aftermarket exhaust systems on the market. smaller diameter exhaust systems raise velocity of the combustion gases leaving the motor. it's actually better for the car and power from what i've heard. if you're looking for sound (purely) -- than go for the invidia q300's. they're the only available systems that retain the growl but are slightly louder than stock.

if you want performance, just get tps and a tune
The following users liked this post:
abrecos (07-21-2020)
Old 11-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
+1 for the best answer to this thread. Right now I'm in between Stillen and ARK Performance. Personally if Stillen comes around with the "free intake" promo again, that may be enough to pull me in that direction.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:04 PM
ak47
Banned

Ark exhaust
Old 11-09-2011, 08:05 PM
warpeacelove

Originally Posted by Philip8969
I truly appreciate everyone's knowledge and insights, thank a million! I truly appreciated the responses. Look like I am going to Purchase the Stillen or the Fujitsu.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
just search homie
Old 11-11-2011, 09:00 PM
XSman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Throw a blower on and any one of these catbacks with some HFCs if you really want more hp. Bolt ons are a WOT IMO.

Quick Reply: Best Performance Exhaust for G37X