63.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

My exhaust dilemma: Meisterschaft vs Amuse

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:56 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Soliditude
The OP did mention that the 5k price is holding him back from the Amuse, so I don't see any financial critics, but I do agree on the FI part. This isn't a thread about turbo-charging.
Huh? You don't see any financial critics?

Just about every post above mine mentions something about price. People are suggesting that is far too expensive for an exhaust system or that the money would be better spent on FI, etc... I know the OP's taste in parts. He is one of the few people around here who does not want to skimp or sacrifice quality for "value." He posted about two expensive exhaust systems because he is very likely going to buy one of them. If he wanted to know how people would spend their money, he would have asked that.

The point of my above post is that I don't see the need for people to throw in their $.02 criticizing the fact he is going to spend what, in their opinion, is too much money on an exhaust system. That is not the question the OP posed when he created this thread. I don't see the OP jumping in every thread on this forum where someone wants to put a subpar quality part on their car (and there are a lot) and criticizing them. So why do people need to do it here?

If someone thinks Amuse is too expensive, then they should create a thread and remark how "absurd" it would be to spend that kind of money on an exhaust system, but to say it here is not helping the OP with his decision.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Soliditude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Huh? You don't see any financial critics?

Just about every post above mine mentions something about price. People are suggesting that is far too expensive for an exhaust system or that the money would be better spent on FI, etc... I know the OP's taste in parts. He is one of the few people around here who does not want to skimp or sacrifice quality for "value." He posted about two expensive exhaust systems because he is very likely going to buy one of them. If he wanted to know how people would spend their money, he would have asked that.

The point of my above post is that I don't see the need for people to throw in their $.02 criticizing the fact he is going to spend what, in their opinion, is too much money on an exhaust system. That is not the question the OP posed when he created this thread. I don't see the OP jumping in every thread on this forum where someone wants to put a subpar quality part on their car (and there are a lot) and criticizing them. So why do people need to do it here?

If someone thinks Amuse is too expensive, then they should create a thread and remark how "absurd" it would be to spend that kind of money on an exhaust system, but to say it here is not helping the OP with his decision.

Like I said, the OP clearly said that the price of the Amuse is holding him back in the beginning of this thread. Therefore, people are chipping in with their opinion on that same price, as a result of what he stated earlier. That is common logic, not criticism. When price is mentioned, price is discussed.

Last edited by Soliditude; 11-11-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:09 AM
The Jewbag

Fake German exhaust vs. real JDM exhaust. Go with the real JDM
Old 11-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Soliditude

^ Has good point.