G37 Sedan

My New Ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 05:19 PM
pkvir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My New Ride

Been on the forum for about a week, but finally got a chance to wash her and show her off.

New G

Old 2006 IS 350

Old 11-06-2011, 05:30 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice dude!
I got my baby Moonwhite 11' prem pkg back in Sep. I'm still in honeymoon hahah~
anyways just curious how much out door for ya?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:35 PM
pkvir

Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
Nice dude!
I got my baby Moonwhite 11' prem pkg back in Sep. I'm still in honeymoon hahah~
anyways just curious how much out door for ya?
I leased it for $475.00 a month, 18,000 miles a year, 39 months, first payment down.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:06 PM
SimpsonTide985

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pkvir
I leased it for $475.00 a month, 18,000 miles a year, 39 months, first payment down.
Whoa, that's a lot of miles..
Old 11-06-2011, 09:10 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Sweet! Looks nice all cleaned up.

My car is filthy since it rained today and the wife and I went out for a nice seafood lunch.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:13 PM
antirice
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Thoughts on the new car vs. your old is350?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:19 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
yeah baby! congrats pkvir. did you get those issues resolved? or was that someone else with the same first name? lol
Old 11-07-2011, 03:50 AM
pkvir

Originally Posted by eksigned
yeah baby! congrats pkvir. did you get those issues resolved? or was that someone else with the same first name? lol
I do have issues, but I think your talking about someone else.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:50 AM
pricojorge

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
which one is faster ?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:16 AM
SimpsonTide985

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pricojorge
which one is faster ?
If I had to guess, I would think that the G37 would be faster, but not by a great deal.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
happy modding!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:10 PM
pkvir

Originally Posted by antirice
Congrats on the new ride. Thoughts on the new car vs. your old is350?
Thoughts on the two cars? It's hard to give a true comparison as I have only put 200 miles on the G and haven't driven the IS in two years, but here's my initial thoughts.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Speed or acceleration - Tied<o></o>
Both cars are quick, my seat of the pants would have them a close race. The G has a little more noise coming from the engine and exhaust which I like. The IS was really quiet.<o></o>
Handling and ride - G<o></o>
The IS does handle well, but not near as good as the G. The IS is quiet and secluded. The G is more of a drivers car for sure. More road feel in the G.
Interior - G
The IS interior was fine, but I think the G is much better. The IS had very soft leather and was picking up stains from my belt (light gray leather). The G has harder leather which I like and this time I got black. The IS did not have the upgraded radio (Mark Levension) and is better than the non premium radio in the G. I do have the Premium pkg and think the radio is acceptable, not great. The IS did not have blue tooth or a back up camera. The IS had maple wood accents, but I prefer the aluminum in the G. The quality of the two cars were equal, just more goodies in the G. The G has more room, especially for the back seat passengers. This is a big deal to me.

Steering - G
I guess it depends on what you like, the G gives you connection with the road, the IS does not. Again, the G is more of a drivers car.

Exterior - Subjective
I like the the G better

Overall, I think the G is a better car and you get more for your money.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:49 PM
dagon68
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
ha cool thanks for sharing. I test drove the IS before buying my G37s and my thoughts are identical to yours. Also, I did feel the G was more roomy too. The screen position of Nav bugged me being so low. I like how the G has it up more towards the windshield.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:03 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thoughts on the two cars? It's hard to give a true comparison as I have only put 200 miles on the G and haven't driven the IS in two years, but here's my initial thoughts.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Speed or acceleration - Tied<o></o>
Both cars are quick, my seat of the pants would have them a close race. The G has a little more noise coming from the engine and exhaust which I like. The IS was really quiet.<o></o>
Handling and ride - G<o></o>
The IS does handle well, but not near as good as the G. The IS is quiet and secluded. The G is more of a drivers car for sure. More road feel in the G.
Interior - G
The IS interior was fine, but I think the G is much better. The IS had very soft leather and was picking up stains from my belt (light gray leather). The G has harder leather which I like and this time I got black. The IS did not have the upgraded radio (Mark Levension) and is better than the non premium radio in the G. I do have the Premium pkg and think the radio is acceptable, not great. The IS did not have blue tooth or a back up camera. The IS had maple wood accents, but I prefer the aluminum in the G. The quality of the two cars were equal, just more goodies in the G. The G has more room, especially for the back seat passengers. This is a big deal to me.

Steering - G
I guess it depends on what you like, the G gives you connection with the road, the IS does not. Again, the G is more of a drivers car.

Exterior - Subjective
I like the the G better

Overall, I think the G is a better car and you get more for your money.
made a great point there on the road handling , i totally agree. I used test drove the IS350 initially, it's a nice car, but its just the head room is sooo small and I feel like squeezing into it, as a daily driver I wouldnt forcing myself into something so small. The G is perfect , the design is very ergonomic. the steering is way better in the G and on par with the Bimmers. although the road noise which you mentioned is a little concern to me, but after awhile , I feel this is a driver's car, it makes this engine sound because we know he is breathing just like Usain Bolt !

Quick Reply: My New Ride