G37 Sedan

custom DRLs

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 08:51 PM
nycjoker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP, can you plase post an up close photo of the fog lights with the LEDs? I'd like to see how they look head on up close. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:14 PM
elrey85
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Just thought of an idea. You can also have the LED strip run on the bottom of the headlights with out drilling. After looking at the headlights, you can stick the strip on the bumper right where it meets the headlights. There is just enough room to stick LEDS in there starting from the inside of the headlight where the turn signals are. Now to run the wires, there is just enough clearance right in the inside of the headlight where the turn signals are and it meets the bumper. If you look closely there is just enough clearance for a small wire that you can run behind the bumper and just run it to the battery. My only concern is the LEDS are going to be facing upwards and not outwards like they usually are, because of the mounting room on the bumper where it meets the headlights. So basically I am not sure how it will look if the LEDS are facing upwards and the car is coming towards you. Hmmm
Old 04-17-2013, 03:13 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by elrey85
Just thought of an idea. You can also have the LED strip run on the bottom of the headlights with out drilling. After looking at the headlights, you can stick the strip on the bumper right where it meets the headlights. There is just enough room to stick LEDS in there starting from the inside of the headlight where the turn signals are. Now to run the wires, there is just enough clearance right in the inside of the headlight where the turn signals are and it meets the bumper. If you look closely there is just enough clearance for a small wire that you can run behind the bumper and just run it to the battery. My only concern is the LEDS are going to be facing upwards and not outwards like they usually are, because of the mounting room on the bumper where it meets the headlights. So basically I am not sure how it will look if the LEDS are facing upwards and the car is coming towards you. Hmmm
Like this? Hopefully not, I was sure that this style had finally phased out.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:42 PM
elrey85
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by My'09G37X
Like this? Hopefully not, I was sure that this style had finally phased out.

Audi A5 R8 Style LED Strip Light on Infiniti G35 - YouTube
Yes that is exactly the style I am talking about but just outside the headlights and mounted on the bumper. The guy in the video actually opened up his headlights and modded them but same style. Yes the style is old but it is just personal preference and the idea is outside the bumper/headlights without any drilling. I do however also like the OP's idea on the foglight bezel and will consider it when I do this mod in person.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:32 PM
LOLURMAD

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The only way to do DRL's is to have them done professionally with quality parts. Not those cheap LED strips and what not.

Here are my lights done by ONEighty

The following users liked this post:
quakerroatmeal (07-23-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 01:39 AM
Samer Serhan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick question; i have a g37 here in canada, and some form DLRs are a must
That means there probably is a DLR wire I can tap into and use these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WHITE-12-LED-SIDE-SHINE-HEAD-LIGHT-STRIP-DRL-HEADLIGHT-STRIPS-B5-/160710020688?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item256b104e50
Directly without using a relay switch?
Am I right to think this?

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:50 PM
DJE44

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Get the official Infiniti DRL's. Bright as hell and warrantied after they install. A bit pricey, but you won't be disappointed.