2 questions regarding keyless

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 PM
manbeing
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice! thanks a lot!

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
3. How to turn off that feature of locking doors automatically when moving?

Get in the car, close the door, press starter button 2 times to 'ON' (do not start engine).

Press and hold down the driver's door lock button for 5 seconds.

Both dash signal lights will flash simultaneously, 1 time for disabling, 2 times for enabling.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:58 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3. How to turn off that feature of locking doors automatically when moving?

Get in the car, close the door, press starter button 2 times to 'ON' (do not start engine).

Press and hold down the driver's door lock button for 5 seconds.

Both dash signal lights will flash simultaneously, 1 time for disabling, 2 times for enabling.
Much appreciated. Do you perhaps know how to get the car to unlock all doors when you put it in park (if leaving the above feature enabled)?

No one seems to know this.

I would love my car to lock the doors once you start driving, which it does, and unlocking them when switching to park, which it DOES NOT. MOST CARS DO THIS

If I cant have them unlock at parking, I rather not have them lock in the first place. Thanks again
Old 10-27-2011, 03:37 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKG37X
Much appreciated. Do you perhaps know how to get the car to unlock all doors when you put it in park (if leaving the above feature enabled)?

I would love my car to lock the doors once you start driving, which it does, and unlocking them when switching to park, which it DOES NOT. MOST CARS DO THIS

If I cant have them unlock at parking, I rather not have them lock in the first place. Thanks again
No sorry, I don't know. I never had to find out...I don't have 'Park'
Old 10-27-2011, 08:38 PM
irrelevant

I agree. I've searched this forum and the consensus seems to be this isn't possible with our cars. Sucks pulling into the driveway, putting the car in park, then not being able to exit without unlocking the doors to go get the mail from the mailbox.

I don't use the auto-locking in my G35 coupe, but it's enabled on our 37x sedan because my wife drives it. If someday it buys her a few seconds to escape an assault it's worth the hassle factor.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:47 PM
g37auug

If the car is locked, you unlock, but never open the doors, the car will re-lock.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:32 PM
manbeing
Registered Member

oh, that's why I thought it locked automatically when I initially bought it.

Originally Posted by g37auug
If the car is locked, you unlock, but never open the doors, the car will re-lock.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:53 PM
blackhawksfan81

You can disable them from locking in the first place. See the last post on page 1 of this thread for details.

Otherwise they will also unlock when you shut off the engine, not when you shift into park.

If you have nav, check out all the options under the settings menu, while you're stopped and in park.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:26 PM
BLKG37X

Originally Posted by blackhawksfan81
You can disable them from locking in the first place. See the last post on page 1 of this thread for details.

Otherwise they will also unlock when you shut off the engine, not when you shift into park.

If you have nav, check out all the options under the settings menu, while you're stopped and in park.
This I know. Was hoping maybe someone would know how to have them unlock when in park. Oh well..
Old 10-28-2011, 04:27 PM
BLKG37X

No sorry, I don't know. I never had to find out...I don't have 'Park'
Lucky