G37 Sedan

Nissan stealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 03:17 PM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nissan stealership

So I needed an oil change soon. I made an appointment in advance with this Nissan dealership in Brooklyn. I went there this morning and this guy was asking for $165 for an oil change and tire rotation, along with 2 hours plus wait time. I walked away of course.

God damn I thought Nissan is supposely cheaper than Infiniti? I didnt ask for Esther oil or anything.

Last edited by kanariya; 09-24-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:16 PM
cy7878

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robbery in broad day light?
Old 09-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
I don’t understand why so many members use the term “stealership.” The last time I checked we still live in a capitalistic and free market society. If a dealer is overpriced, then just refuse to do business with him. A dealer cannot steal from you if you just walk away and conduct your business elsewhere, as this OP has done. Of course, if he pulls out a gun and asks you for your wallet, call a cop.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:11 PM
kanariya

It's just a term for the hatred toward them
Old 09-24-2011, 05:44 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
my dealership charges $25 labor for an oil change + parts. And you get a free hand carwash and vaccuum, so we're all not bad lol
Old 09-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by kanariya
It's just a term for the hatred toward them
You’re right of course, but in other threads it’s been used as if the member was actually a victim of some sort with no available recourse. Actually, there are many fine dealers. Perhaps we should call them decentships, as in “I went to my decentship today and even though I’m out of warranty they fixed my problem at no charge.”
Old 09-24-2011, 05:51 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
I don’t understand why so many members use the term “stealership.” The last time I checked we still live in a capitalistic and free market society. If a dealer is overpriced, then just refuse to do business with him. A dealer cannot steal from you if you just walk away and conduct your business elsewhere, as this OP has done. Of course, if he pulls out a gun and asks you for your wallet, call a cop.
You are absolutely correct...but when prices are unreasonably high, such as the case cited, it creates ill will and inconvenience for the budget conscious owner. I currently own four cars.....in the last five years I've owned a BMW, Acura, Toyota, Chevy, Ford, and Infiniti....the Infiniti has the highest cost dealer maintenance. That's fine and I too have found less expensive alternatives. That said, if I should develop problems with the rotors or something not explicitly covered by the warranty, the dealer will be less likely to go to bat for me with Infiniti because I have not had my car regularly serviced by them. There certainly is a small amount of risk in not having the car dealer serviced....
Old 09-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Rickblkg

The nissan near me charges 29.99, but the infiniti dealership has coupons that charge only 29.99 for oil changes so once that promo is over I will start going to nissan
Old 09-24-2011, 09:08 PM
zoner

Capitalistic and free market society yes, also where free speech is allowed. I think this particular person has a legitimate beef and has a right to air it. Those who use the term without reason I can differ with. Too bad he didn't more specifically call them out. Information is king and a basis for that capitalistic society you spoke of. Competition is based on free knowledge of pricing in the marketplace and I think this OP is doing a service.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:09 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 09-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by Rickblkg
The nissan near me charges 29.99, but the infiniti dealership has coupons that charge only 29.99 for oil changes so once that promo is over I will start going to nissan
This is an old discussion. A Nissan dealer may not have the expertise to work on Infinitis in regard to those issues found only on Infinitis, nor have their mechanics been trained on Infinitis. Furthermore, things like rattles and squeaks, often hard to find, and TSB’s are not necessarily shared between the two makes. And Nissan dealerships cannot do Infiniti warranty work nor do they have the parts in stock that are unique to Infinitis.

You may save a few cents on routine work like oil changes, but in the long run you may find it’s more expensive at the Nissan dealer.

Last edited by Chekov; 09-24-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:49 AM
kanariya

ok guys. i dont want to argue about right or wrong. i was just ranting about the ridiculous price they wanted to charge a customer.

it was my first time going to that specific dealership because of the location.
they stated on their website clearly that now they are also servicing Infiniti's.

i made an appointment with them and they still wanted me to wait at least 2hrs for oil change and tire rotation because they didnt tell me that they had issues. what's the point of making an appointment.

lastly i decided to walk but wanted to find out how much do they charge anyways for the job and the dude told me $165. if he wasnt treating me like a clueless kid with a big pocket then i dont know what it was.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:53 AM
kanariya

Originally Posted by Chekov
This is an old discussion. A Nissan dealer may not have the expertise to work on Infinitis in regard to those issues found only on Infinitis, nor have their mechanics been trained on Infinitis. Furthermore, things like rattles and squeaks, often hard to find, and TSB’s are not necessarily shared between the two makes. And Nissan dealerships cannot do Infiniti warranty work nor do they have the parts in stock that are unique to Infinitis.

You may save a few cents on routine work like oil changes, but in the long run you may find it’s more expensive at the Nissan dealer.
he meant he would take the car to nissan for oil change. not for any other problems. it's just a simple oil change. i dont think there's difference between infiniti and nissan.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:13 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My first 2 oil changes were free at the Infiniti dealership, which is a 100 mile round trip.
For the 3rd oil change,I called the local Nissan dealership, about 6 miles away. They quoted me $33 and no appointment required, after I let them know it was a G37.
When I got there and they were writing down my information, the bill was was going to be $69. I told them to forget the oil change, give me my keys back and I drove off.
It wasn't that the extra $36 was going to break me. It just pi$$ed me off. I went home and changed it myself.
I had intended on doing my own oil changes after the 2 free ones, but I was a bit lazy and had a weak moment.
Changing the oil was very easy.
Tom
Old 09-25-2011, 12:26 PM
fcarpio

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Tire Kingdom does it for me for $65 using synthetic blend, no car wash though.

Quick Reply: Nissan stealership