G37 Sedan

Nissan stealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
On my last oil/filter change my Infiniti dealer charged me $35, and that included a car wash, free coffee and cookies (they were out of donuts ), free Wi-Fi, and HDTV in a nice waiting room. No appointment was necessary but I was still out of there in about an hour.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
^ Chekov, can you share the dealer's name with us?
Old 09-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by Boomer-Bob
^ Chekov, can you share the dealer's name with us?
Sure-- Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
^ Thanks.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:57 PM
LSG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get my oil changed at my local nissan dealership. It's a lot closer for me than an infiniti dealership. I know the staff well. I pay a total of $70 including taxes for ester and nissan filter.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oil change service on a G37 is $52 at Pearson Infiniti in Richmond, VA. They're not known for low cost service in general, but that price looks pretty reasonable given that they either turn you around in less than an hour on express service, or give you a loaner if scheduled a week in advance.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:25 PM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a similar problem with Warren Henry Infiniti in Miami. I went there for a quote on the installation of the interior accent lighting. The service advisor quoted me 375 dollars and told me he would need my car for 6 days. I grabbed my phone and called Sawgrass Infiniti(On speaker Phone) and was quoted 200 dollars less and was told my car would be ready the same day. I asked the man did I have stupid written on my forehead and walked off. I will never go to them again.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Just as a quick update, I went to my dealer today for another oil/filter change. They charged me only $27.95, and, of course, that included a free wash. They were out of donuts again, but because it was in the afternoon they had bagels and cookies instead.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:21 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
Just as a quick update, I went to my dealer today for another oil/filter change. They charged me only $27.95, and, of course, that included a free wash. They were out of donuts again, but because it was in the afternoon they had bagels and cookies instead.
Awesome, so did you get even semi-synthetic? At least you got a snack to make up for the scratches that the 'free' wash provided but then again I enjoy changing my own oil and washing my car, for me it's therapeutic.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
A seller has the right to sell products and services at whatever price they want. Thats where competition comes in and takes over
Old 10-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Originally Posted by rks
Awesome, so did you get even semi-synthetic? At least you got a snack to make up for the scratches that the 'free' wash provided but then again I enjoy changing my own oil and washing my car, for me it's therapeutic.
No, it's plain 5W30 at that price. But I've never had any scratches from their washing my blue slate G. I too enjoy washing my car, but I figure, what the hell, while it's there I'll might as well let them do it.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Rickblkg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Nissan service center is horrible.. I had an Altima and the customer service was horrible. The worst story I had was when I had my car in the body shop for some work and saw some scratches on my car. I then told them to call the manager. the manager came charging in the room and tries to fight me. I started laughing, and made them fix the scratches. I found it super funny but it was very unprofessional and I never went back.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:45 AM
hollywhip

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the dealer will be less likely to go to bat for me with Infiniti because I have not had my car regularly serviced by them. There certainly is a small amount of risk in not having the car dealer serviced....

And I think that is pure BS as long as you follow the service schedule and keep records and receipts of the oil changes you performed there shouldn't be any prejudice towards you getting any warranty work done. When I bought my G the dealer was trying to shove the extended warranty down my throat and then get an attitude when you don't accept it. I've known a few car lot owners and they all tell me they don't make money selling vehicles but the money is made in the service dept. When I bought my car it was just that MY CAR so I don't need any dealership to tell me what services I need or when I need them. They can stick that service department and their ridiculous prices directly into their anuses. Unless I need warranty work that is
Old 10-19-2011, 09:23 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hollywhip
the dealer will be less likely to go to bat for me with Infiniti because I have not had my car regularly serviced by them. There certainly is a small amount of risk in not having the car dealer serviced....

And I think that is pure BS as long as you follow the service schedule and keep records and receipts of the oil changes you performed there shouldn't be any prejudice towards you getting any warranty work done. When I bought my G the dealer was trying to shove the extended warranty down my throat and then get an attitude when you don't accept it. I've known a few car lot owners and they all tell me they don't make money selling vehicles but the money is made in the service dept. When I bought my car it was just that MY CAR so I don't need any dealership to tell me what services I need or when I need them. They can stick that service department and their ridiculous prices directly into their anuses. Unless I need warranty work that is
I've done it both ways......like everything else in life, relationship matters.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

There’s no question that the quality of service from Infiniti dealers vary. But in general, if you have your G serviced at a particular dealer and generally follow the recommended maintenance schedule, especially if it’s where you bought the car, you’re apt to get more service satisfaction for both warranty and other routine work. At least that’s been my experience.

Quick Reply: Nissan stealership