G37 Sedan

Dog Riding In G

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 11:12 AM
hollywhip

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dog Riding In G

This question may be way off base but do any of you guys/gals allow your four legged friends in your G if so how do you protect your interiors from slobber, scratches or shedding? I have a 7yr old Boxer who is pretty attached to me and would like to take him places Park..etc I had an 01 f-150 but recently hit a Bovine in it totaling it out. So now my only mode of transportation is my G. I am very **** about my car inside and out so I don't want it damaged. if anyone here travels with their pet(s) please give me some ideas. I know the old sheet trick but was thinking of all the intelligence gathered on this forum somebody's got a better idea.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:15 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I do, I hav a huge rotty that I let in my car. I just have sheets all over the place, just have to clean up after still
Old 08-24-2011, 11:20 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
dont' do it! It'll end up smelling, no matter what you do, even if you think your dog smells like roses, I HIGHLY recommend to not do it. Somehow, someway, the smell will go into the leather and it just doesn't come out

Last edited by 1cleanG; 08-24-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Dog Riding In G-bhlym.jpg
Old 08-24-2011, 11:47 AM
POLLO

Our mutts always ride with us ! Though not very often on the G. The trick on ours is to fold the back seat ( I have a coupe) and just put a fleece blanket on top and wrap it around the part of the seat where is folded to keep it nice and neat. That way they are always sitting on the back of the seat and not on the seat themselves. If you have a sedan, well not sure if folding the backseat is an option.

I ride with them maybe once every couple of weeks, and my cars interior is always flawless and smelling good.... Plus it also depends how clean you keep your 4 legged friends as well.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:34 PM
usrsld

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I love our dogs (Australian Shepherds), but they get transported in our Expedition or my daughter's 97 Honda. NO dogs in the G. That Aussie hair gets everywhere!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:37 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by POLLO
Our mutts always ride with us ! Though not very often on the G. The trick on ours is to fold the back seat ( I have a coupe) and just put a fleece blanket on top and wrap it around the part of the seat where is folded to keep it nice and neat. That way they are always sitting on the back of the seat and not on the seat themselves. If you have a sedan, well not sure if folding the backseat is an option.

I ride with them maybe once every couple of weeks, and my cars interior is always flawless and smelling good.... Plus it also depends how clean you keep your 4 legged friends as well.

This^^^^^
Old 08-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Maybe I am a hater but I won't let dogs in the G EVER! My Jeeps yes but not the Jag or the G.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:28 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
My pups don't fit in the G, but I wouldn't let them on my seats even if they did...
Old 08-24-2011, 02:29 PM
icfp1980

I also have a boxer who is 6. She is awesome. The best dog I've had hands down. However that said, I have a beater that I use for a daily, so no Alli in my G. If I had to I would do what Pollo said.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:46 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
kidcane, you better shut that window your mutt is going to blast out lol!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:18 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
For the occasions we need to put our dogs in our cars (visiting the Vet/groomer) we use a Queen size, fitted, waterproof, quilted, mattress pad. We put it in with the quilted (soft) side down and vinyl side up. It covers the entire back seat, the doors, floors and the backs of the front seats. It essentially creates a big bowl in the back for the dogs. The elastic fitted corners are great because they wrap around objects to hold it in place.
FYI - Olde English Sheep Dog and American Cocker Spaniel.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:40 PM
hollywhip

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
For the occasions we need to put our dogs in our cars (visiting the Vet/groomer) we use a Queen size, fitted, waterproof, quilted, mattress pad. We put it in with the quilted (soft) side down and vinyl side up. It covers the entire back seat, the doors, floors and the backs of the front seats. It essentially creates a big bowl in the back for the dogs. The elastic fitted corners are great because they wrap around objects to hold it in place.
FYI - Olde English Sheep Dog and American Cocker Spaniel.
Can you tell me where I could purchase one of those sounds like a good solution. It's not like I'm taking him on vacation with me it's just short jaunts across town park, vet...etc. Thanks' for all the replys I know all of you'all are dog lovers at heart
Old 08-24-2011, 06:49 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
^ check department stores, Sears, or bed bath beyond type places. I think my wife picked it up a Walmart.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:54 PM
ElLayG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tried it once and I said Oh hell no! Not gonna happen, I also have a boxer and as many sad looks as she gives me she is not riding in the G, trust man, try it a couple times and see how man hairs you find throughout the car.

Quick Reply: Dog Riding In G