G37 Sedan

Leasing a G37X Which options are worth going for?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 05:45 PM
mikejg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought an X on memorial day and went with the Sport Appearance Package. It comes with the premium package, the rear lip spoiler, front chin spoiler, and the 9-spoke 18" wheels. I don't regret it one bit.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:55 PM
zoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport, prem and nav. Sport unless you are overweight since you get the tighter seats with thigh extenders. Skip the active cruise.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Entropy1982

Thanks for all the replies guys. Maybe I should have specified how I will be using the car for your input. I am 5'6" 160lbs so i'm not big and my wife is tiny. I drive to work about 4 and a half miles each way, but almost all of my driving will be city driving (I live in brooklyn,ny) I also do not plan on doing any aftermarket work on the car at all.

What do you get with the nav package other than just a navigation system? Seems a bit excessive to pay 2 grand for that. How is it diff't from garmin etc?

Zoner: are the sport package seats smaller? less comfortable?
Old 08-04-2011, 07:16 PM
pdxg37s

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zoner
Sport, prem and nav. Sport unless you are overweight since you get the tighter seats with thigh extenders. Skip the active cruise.

Exactly , I had active cruise in my 03 FX45. I used it twice.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Entropy1982

I noticed the navigation package includes the following feature:
- 7-inch WVGA color display for multimedia playback via DVD or digital file from a USB flash drive

Does this replace a smaller stock screen or something? What is the difference?
Old 08-04-2011, 07:20 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Entropy1982
Thanks for all the replies guys. Maybe I should have specified how I will be using the car for your input. I am 5'6" 160lbs so i'm not big and my wife is tiny. I drive to work about 4 and a half miles each way, but almost all of my driving will be city driving (I live in brooklyn,ny) I also do not plan on doing any aftermarket work on the car at all.

What do you get with the nav package other than just a navigation system? Seems a bit excessive to pay 2 grand for that. How is it diff't from garmin etc?

Zoner: are the sport package seats smaller? less comfortable?
one man's "firm & supportive" is another's "narrow & uncomfortable" but there is a loooong thread for that discussion.

The NAV gives you a better screen and the Music Box along with a few more small advantages.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:25 PM
zoner

Sport seats appear to be more aggressively bolstered on the sides and bottom. You really need to go to the dealer and see which one fits you best. Based on your description you are the same size as me and I love the seats, especially the thigh extenders. Just as good as the BMW seats IMO. Although their leather is more substantial. I was going to buy the 335 coupe, so I drove it several times. But the cramped rear just wouldn't work for me.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:28 PM
zoner

Originally Posted by rks
one man's "firm & supportive" is another's "narrow & uncomfortable" but there is a loooong thread for that discussion.

The NAV gives you a better screen and the Music Box along with a few more small advantages.

The music box and great rear camera view sold me on Nav. My wife's car has a mirror based rear camera and it doesn't compare.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:50 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
The nav and premium add a 9th hard drive to record your music. The nav adds full support for Bluetooth advanced profiles and streaming from your phone and includes a USB connection for iPhone and iPod and flash drives. I happen to like the nav but opinions are varied.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:17 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly
Journey/Premium pkg here, don't have the nav, I do have a TomTom,, which is $200, and
works just as good. Sport package? I will say this.... Most people I see with the sport
package are replacing their suspensions to lower the car, and buying aftermarket rims.

If you plan on Modding the car, I say don't go sport...
Nav is pricey IMHO, not worth
the money. Ultimately, it's your money, and I think you should get what you want.

Opinions (including mine) are like @ss holes, everyone has 'em, and most of 'em stink.

Good luck in your decision.
there is only one way to get the 6mt from the factory...and I am a modder.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Entropy1982
I noticed the navigation package includes the following feature:
- 7-inch WVGA color display for multimedia playback via DVD or digital file from a USB flash drive

Does this replace a smaller stock screen or something? What is the difference?
The non-nav G has the same screen but I don't think you can watch DVDs or play videos from a USB key.

One of the reasons I like the nav option is becuase it's integrated into the car and you don't have to stick a seperate unit on to your dash or windshield.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:25 AM
zoner

the dvd playback is novel but irritating as the parking brake has to be engaged. what's the diff if it is already in park. probably for the MT crowd. no way to fast forward the playback as far I can tell. the nav equipped G has one of the best displays I seen when playing XM, nice graphics.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
RX Law

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
If your not going awd then go for prm/nav/sport Your leasing to get a lower price, why not make it count? Like one of the posters said, the nav is not used always, but I do love streaming Pandora.

How do you do this!?
Old 08-05-2011, 02:44 PM
RX Law

Originally Posted by zoner
the dvd playback is novel but irritating as the parking brake has to be engaged. what's the diff if it is already in park. probably for the MT crowd. no way to fast forward the playback as far I can tell. the nav equipped G has one of the best displays I seen when playing XM, nice graphics.

What graphics?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:08 PM
RX Law

MUST GET WHEELS AND DECK Spolier

I would not have got this car without the wheels and deck spoiler. The crome on the back is ugly.. just my 2 cents. Also you get the sexy painted calibers. When the car is rolling, they shine through. Sick.

Quick Reply: Leasing a G37X Which options are worth going for?