G37 Sedan

The 3.7L isn't a very good engine...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 11:37 PM
g37auug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cheburashka
Why would you f*cking do that on a public road?

Yeah, the car is nice and all, but it's not G-d's gift to the world. It's quick, but it's not THAT quick. Give it a rest already.
Why are you being a hater? This is a g forum. Just shooting the sh@t
Old 07-27-2011, 12:18 AM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
lol
Some of you people need to relax, its not like if he was speeding around traffic. He simply felt like gunning it, a little.
/Story

Old 07-27-2011, 12:18 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
@blnewt: true, but for those who havent trie dthis before please be careful, even though this car is not a 5oowhp monster, i have read more than a few threads over the years (Gen1 and 2) where ppl who tried to have fun with VDC off for the first time and ended up getting into accidents or hitting a curb etc
Yes, good point~don't try the VDC off button the first couple times in traffic or in tight spaces.

Why would you f*cking do that on a public road?

Yeah, the car is nice and all, but it's not G-d's gift to the world. It's quick, but it's not THAT quick. Give it a rest already.

Speaking of the 7AT, they should of made it a 6AT with slightly taller gearing. That way, it would of been funner to drive. At certain points, if you do manual shifting, the 2nd gear, when downshifting will bounce off the rev-limiter and 3rd gear engages too low in the RPM band. Oh well, it's an auto in the end.
Agree about not blasting around on public roads, but no reason to go all expletive on the guy. I think most of us have had a few higher speed moments in these cars or others along the way. Also agree about the 7AT, a mileage cog for 6th and the current 5AT setup would have been ideal IMO.

The OP probably hasn't driven a car w/ the performance of the G, no reason to be a buzzkill. I've driven many faster cars than the G but I can still relate to his post from the time I first drove my friends Cuda way back in the mid 70s You never forget your first......
Old 07-27-2011, 12:29 AM
ShyAznB8oi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
in before the ban.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Cheburashka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah it's a forum and yeah, you are allowed to shoot the sh*t. It's all in fun. I just don't see the point in boasting about semi-racing a minivan on a public road. Or blatantly stating that you did 80 to 120mph lightning quick. You know what you did is unlawful, the smart thing to do is not to talk about it. If you happened to be a cocaine user, I doubt you'd write about using on any public forum. Shouldn't same logic apply when you endanger not only yourself but also other motorists?

Sorry to be buzzkill, but there are too many cars on the road to for me to try any kind of stunts. It's hard enough as it is just to get to work in rush hour traffic and having to deal with knuckle heads who are in their own world and not paying attention to the road.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 AM
voltic

You need to get some *** or something, bro. Chill out!
The G37 is at its heart an entry-level sports car with a good degree of luxury. It's built to play, not sit around in rush hour traffic all the time. Otherwise why not just buy a Prius?
Old 07-27-2011, 01:27 AM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah it's a forum and yeah, you are allowed to shoot the sh*t. It's all in fun. I just don't see the point in boasting about semi-racing a minivan on a public road. Or blatantly stating that you did 80 to 120mph lightning quick. You know what you did is unlawful, the smart thing to do is not to talk about it. If you happened to be a cocaine user, I doubt you'd write about using on any public forum. Shouldn't same logic apply when you endanger not only yourself but also other motorists?

Sorry to be buzzkill, but there are too many cars on the road to for me to try any kind of stunts. It's hard enough as it is just to get to work in rush hour traffic and having to deal with knuckle heads who are in their own world and not paying attention to the road.
I agree with you. Maybe it is not the smartest thing to do to announce such an event on a public forum. Maybe it is childish. And is might even be against the forum rules and get this thread locked.

But you are not the police. And you are not a member of the staff of this forum. Let Sam, BB or Gamedog handle the situation. No need for you to chastise anyone.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Dunno why its such a big deal. New owner enjoying his car. We've all done it. You wouldn't be here if you hadn't.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:19 AM
alpine37

Originally Posted by kool_yaar
@blnewt: true, but for those who havent trie dthis before please be careful, even though this car is not a 5oowhp monster, i have read more than a few threads over the years (Gen1 and 2) where ppl who tried to have fun with VDC off for the first time and ended up getting into accidents or hitting a curb etc
+1, everyone learns the hard way
Old 07-27-2011, 02:34 AM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
Dunno why its such a big deal. New owner enjoying his car. We've all done it. You wouldn't be here if you hadn't.
I couldn't agree with you more on this, Mike. People need to stop acting like they have never punched it, a little.

I am out of this before it turns into a nightmare
Old 07-27-2011, 03:14 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well in the end it at least made for an entertaining thread
Old 07-27-2011, 03:48 AM
G37HKS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 07-27-2011, 04:30 AM
JJsBusaRox

Originally Posted by Mike
Originally Posted by wlmngtn
I couldn't agree with you more on this, Mike. People need to stop acting like they have never punched it, a little.

+100000