G37 Sedan

19" Coupe Wheels on G37 Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 03:39 PM
greco65
Premier Member

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
Yes these are the '06 coupe Rays and I am taking them to sandblast and powdercoat black or gunmetal I have not decided yet.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:24 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by greco65
Yes these are the '06 coupe Rays and I am taking them to sandblast and powdercoat black or gunmetal I have not decided yet.
Niiiiiiiice. How're you going to make THAT choice? Either would look great with those wheels on your G.

I can't say I'm looking forward to those pics. Too jelly...

Sean
Old 10-19-2015, 04:36 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by mjnoles1
STownSaint, that is the 19" coupe with out spacers? That does not look sunken in at all, to me at least.

"blnewt" or others. If I put 19" coupe wheels on my XS, will that change the geometry of the vehicle and how Infiniti intended the XS to drive (other than 18" vs 19")?

I ask, as I am sure Infiniti, like all car manufactures, put in a lot of thought of the exact wheels to put on the XS. The exact inches, diameter and offset. If I change that, then will the suspension, etc work and move different than intended by Infiniti (other than the 18" vs 19" difference)?
If you run the 19" staggered coupe wheels on your X I'd strongly suggest just running 245/40/19s all around. The stagger is only a 1/2" so running a wider tire in back is hard to come up w/ a combo that will be a proper mount and still have rolling diameters that are OK w/ your AWD setup.
Other than that the 19s w/ that tire size will work just fine on your AWD, you'll just have a slightly harsher ride due to the smaller sidewall height. And you need to keep those slightly wider wheels mounted in back so you can't do a true 4 wheel rotation unless you dismount the tires.

You might get lucky and find someone selling a square coupe 19 setup, they come up for sale once in awhile.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:47 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 331 Likes on 253 Posts
STownSaint, that is the 19" coupe with out spacers? That does not look sunken in at all, to me at least.
Yes, and I think you're right.

It seems on a staggered set, the difference in width and offset from fronts to rears is enough to make a difference in how the wheels reflect light.

In my case, the result is the fronts sometime look darker than rears. Could be an effect of having them powedercoated a darker grey. Still, an optical illusion that has distracted me more than once. No biggie.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:42 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Finally made all of my adjustments and I'm beyond satisfied with the result. Only thing is I'm maxed out in terms of toe adjustment, so in order to reduce my rear camber I need additional toe adjustment (adjusting toe affects your camber and vice versa). I may get toe arms in the future but for now I don't think -3 is that bad. Here's a list of all my specs. Hope this helps!

• Staggered 19" coupe wheels (19x8.5 F 19x9 R)
  • 245/40/19 tires all around
  • Ksport true type coilovers
  • SPC front & rear camber kits
  • 20mm front & 15mm rear spacers
  • Front camber: -1 degrees
  • Rear camber: -3 degrees
As far as the drop goes, I'm about 25.8" from the ground on my front fenders. I didn't measure the rear but I assume it's something similar.

19" Coupe Wheels on G37 Sedan?-l7c7f8h.jpg
Old 10-19-2015, 08:50 PM
mjnoles1
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
If you run the 19" staggered coupe wheels on your X I'd strongly suggest just running 245/40/19s all around. The stagger is only a 1/2" so running a wider tire in back is hard to come up w/ a combo that will be a proper mount and still have rolling diameters that are OK w/ your AWD setup.
Other than that the 19s w/ that tire size will work just fine on your AWD, you'll just have a slightly harsher ride due to the smaller sidewall height. And you need to keep those slightly wider wheels mounted in back so you can't do a true 4 wheel rotation unless you dismount the tires.

You might get lucky and find someone selling a square coupe 19 setup, they come up for sale once in awhile.
I would only be looking for the OEM Coupe AWD square 19 setup. If I put the OEM AWD coupe square wheels on the sedan, other than the harsher ride because of 19 vs 18. Will the car geometry be thrown off due to the different offset and dimension than what the car was built for?
Old 10-19-2015, 09:06 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

I would only be looking for the OEM Coupe AWD square 19 setup. If I put the OEM AWD coupe square wheels on the sedan, other than the harsher ride because of 19 vs 18. Will the car geometry be thrown off due to the different offset and dimension than what the car was built for?
No, not at all, your rolling diameter will be very similar to your current factory tire sizes and you're not going to be running what would be considered a wide tire, so it's all good.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:09 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by the93owner
I may get toe arms in the future but for now I don't think -3 is that bad.
I think once you tip over -2* it becomes something you can easily eyeball as noticeable negative camber. However once you approach -3*, it starts to look pretty darn silly. If you're under 26" floor to fender, then you're probably at zero gap.

To each his own, but... yikes!

Last edited by Rochester; 10-19-2015 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:13 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Finally made all of my adjustments and I'm beyond satisfied with the result. Only thing is I'm maxed out in terms of toe adjustment, so in order to reduce my rear camber I need additional toe adjustment (adjusting toe affects your camber and vice versa). I may get toe arms in the future but for now I don't think -3 is that bad. Here's a list of all my specs. Hope this helps!

• Staggered 19" coupe wheels (19x8.5 F 19x9 R)
  • 245/40/19 tires all around
  • Ksport true type coilovers
  • SPC front & rear camber kits
  • 20mm front & 15mm rear spacers
  • Front camber: -1 degrees
  • Rear camber: -3 degrees
As far as the drop goes, I'm about 25.8" from the ground on my front fenders. I didn't measure the rear but I assume it's something similar.
There's no way you should have that much camber if you have the SPC rear kit, unless the SPC Toe bolt slots weren't elongated, or you only had the rear camber arms w/ OEM toe bolts. I've been that low in back and got my camber at -1.0 w/ toe well in spec, something is amiss.
Here's the SPC link (click on installation link for that info) in case you had a shop do this and the toe slot wasn't elongated.
http://www.spcalignment.com/componen...AFrom&to=USATo
Old 10-19-2015, 09:24 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
There's no way you should have that much camber if you have the SPC rear kit, unless the SPC Toe bolt slots weren't elongated, or you only had the rear camber arms w/ OEM toe bolts.
Or...
  • It's intentional, for subjective looks.
  • It's necessary because of offset, for a zero-gap tire to compress *behind* the fender.
  • It's unavoidable, because the toe slots weren't modified, like you said.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:43 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

There's no way you should have that much camber if you have the SPC rear kit, unless the SPC Toe bolt slots weren't elongated, or you only had the rear camber arms w/ OEM toe bolts. I've been that low in back and got my camber at -1.0 w/ toe well in spec, something is amiss.
Here's the SPC link (click on installation link for that info) in case you had a shop do this and the toe slot wasn't elongated.
http://www.spcalignment.com/componen...AFrom&to=USATo
The SPC toe bolts were not installed because my alignment tech advised against drilling/elongating the toe hole, saying the subframe would be compromised. He's had lots of experience with alignment and suspension and even though I know everyone uses the SPC toe bolts, he recommended toe arms to be the better solution. Might as well, since my spring buckets are empty anyways.

Originally Posted by Rochester
I think once you tip over -2* it becomes something you can easily eyeball as noticeable negative camber. However once you approach -3*, it starts to look pretty darn silly. If you're under 26" floor to fender, then you're probably at zero gap.

To each his own, but... yikes!
The rear camber is definitely noticeable, but it doesn't really look like a whole lot of camber. Looks like it's only at -2, definitely not silly looking IMO. I want to correct it down to -1.5 or -2 down the road anyways.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:01 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

The SPC toe bolts were not installed because my alignment tech advised against drilling/elongating the toe hole, saying the subframe would be compromised. He's had lots of experience with alignment and suspension and even though I know everyone uses the SPC toe bolts, he recommended toe arms to be the better solution. Might as well, since my spring buckets are empty anyways.

The rear camber is definitely noticeable, but it doesn't really look like a whole lot of camber. Looks like it's only at -2, definitely not silly looking IMO. I want to correct it down to -1.5 or -2 down the road anyways.
Only the inner side of the slot needs to be elongated so it's not much really compared to elongating both sides (as per the template). But since you do have the true coilover configuration the toe arms would be a good plan and get rid of a little weight back there as well. As far as the subframe being compromised by such a minimal amount of cutting, I doubt SPC and other brands would continue w/ those products if there was evidence of that (especially in this litigious era) but

At any rate, G is looking good and I think you'll really be happy w/ the drive when you get that camber a bit more balanced front to rear.
The following users liked this post:
the93owner (10-19-2015)
Old 10-19-2015, 11:18 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Only the inner side of the slot needs to be elongated so it's not much really compared to elongating both sides (as per the template). But since you do have the true coilover configuration the toe arms would be a good plan and get rid of a little weight back there as well. As far as the subframe being compromised by such a minimal amount of cutting, I doubt SPC and other brands would continue w/ those products if there was evidence of that (especially in this litigious era) but

At any rate, G is looking good and I think you'll really be happy w/ the drive when you get that camber a bit more balanced front to rear.
I hear you, that's what I was thinking too since it's so widely used. But toe arms wouldn't be a bad option to consider. Just a few more things to tidy up like rolling my front fenders and getting the rear camber reduced, but I'm loving the setup now as is
Old 10-20-2015, 10:10 AM
chickman1313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STownSaint, is yours dropped at all or is that stock suspension?
Old 10-22-2015, 01:15 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Feeling Flush

As promised some shots with the B2 Designs spacers. Many thanks to Charles from B2. Front 15mm, Back 20mm.

Sean

Quick Reply: 19" Coupe Wheels on G37 Sedan?