G37 Sedan

15k Service - How Much?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Noddy11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
15k Service - How Much?

Just wondering what people typically pay for a 15K service. My local dealer said $495, is that about right?
Old 06-23-2011, 04:18 PM
cjkeno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paid $405 today after using a 10% coupon.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Noddy11

Hmm, sounds like they are a little high then. Even without the discount yours is $45 cheaper.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:45 PM
chuckie311
Drop A Gear and Disappear

Received 194 Likes on 160 Posts
mines free...got a killer deal on the maintenance package when i bought the car
Old 06-23-2011, 04:59 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The hardest thing they do is change the cabin air filter... why pay 500 for that?
Old 06-23-2011, 05:15 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by cruzmisl
The hardest thing they do is change the cabin air filter... why pay 500 for that?
Very true... there is a DIY here for changing the cabin filter and what else are they doing? Changing your oil and air filter and rotating and balancing your tires?

Seems a bit steep to me, but I'm very practical.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:52 PM
CougarRed

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why pay for a 15K service?

My 2010 maintenance guide says I get free complimentary multi-point inspections. Just ask the dealer for that if all you need is an inspection for your records.

As for maintenance, here's all you need to do during the first ~5 years:

Change your oil/oil filter every 4K miles
You can do this yourself or take it to a lube shop. Dealer's probably going to more expensive than a lube shop. Most places give you a discount if you bring your own oil and filter.

Change your cabin air filter once a year
There's a DIY post on this. Takes about 30 minutes - you have to take out the glove box to get to the cabin filter. Or the dealership can do it for you. If you buy your own filter, the dealer only charges for labor.

Rotate your tires once a year.
The dealer will charge you for this. I get mine done for free at Discount Tire because I have a relationship with them (my old car, my wife's car, road hazard warranty, etc).

Change your engine air filters once every 2 years.
This is REALLY easy to do. You should not pay anyone to do this for you. See the Owners Manual. Sewell Infiniti sells OEM filters for less than $20 each online.

Replace as needed.
Wiper blades, tires and brakes. Wiper blades can be done yourself.

So to answer your question, don't call the dealer and say "I'm coming in for a 15000 mile service. How much is it?"

Take care of everything you possibly can on your own, and only ask the dealer to do things you need done when you need them done. And if you do see the dealer, ask for the complimentary inspection.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:00 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CougarRed

My 2010 maintenance guide says I get free complimentary multi-point inspections. Just ask the dealer for that if all you need is an inspection for your records.

You can do this yourself or take it to a lube shop. Dealer's probably going to more expensive than a lube shop. Most places give you a discount if you bring your own oil and filter.

There's a DIY post on this. Takes about 30 minutes - you have to take out the glove box to get to the cabin filter. Or the dealership can do it for you. If you buy your own filter, the dealer only charges for labor.

The dealer will charge you for this. I get mine done for free at Discount Tire because I have a relationship with them (my old car, my wife's car, road hazard warranty, etc).

This is REALLY easy to do. You should not pay anyone to do this for you. See the Owners Manual. Sewell Infiniti sells OEM filters for less than $20 each online.

Replace as needed.

So to answer your question, don't call the dealer and say "I'm coming in for a 15000 mile service. How much is it?"

Take care of everything you possibly can on your own, and only ask the dealer to do things you need done when you need them done. And if you do see the dealer, ask for the complimentary inspection.
I agree and don't intend to bring my G back to the dealer except for a warranty repair, if needed.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Falcons023

Originally Posted by movinon
I agree and don't intend to bring my G back to the dealer except for a warranty repair, if needed.
I am not taking my G to the dealer either other than warranty work. I am taking to an independent shop with certified infiniti technician.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Bo2point0

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I recently just past the 10k miles mark and my vehicle has not been back to the dealership since I bought the car.

It pays to be as self reliant as possible. Plus working on cars is fun.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:01 PM
ak47
Banned

anyone at a individual shop is not infiniti certified tech. even if he did work for infiniti in the past he isnt certified anymore. cars from the 90s or early 2000's are diffrent now
Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
whether or not a mechanic's "infiniti certified," as long as he/she isn't a total moron...you'll be fine. don't get too caught up in factory maintenance.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:50 PM
G37CPA

Originally Posted by CougarRed

Replace as needed.

Excellent advice. Dealer to be used only for warranty work.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Agreed, unless you go for the Major service at a higher mileage interval. My Dealer quoted me about $450 for the 15K "service"...But they include changing all filters & wiper Blades.. For a leased vehicle, which I don't intend on buying - in contrast to the 07 G35X that I leased and Stupidly didn't buy at the end of the lease, - I just take my Free Oil Changes (over now - free for 1st year) and rotate/balance the wheels - to get the most out of the tire thread, and that's it..
Old 06-24-2011, 05:59 PM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
I think the 15k service is something you can skip if you know what you are looking for. It is pretty much just the basic maintenance checkups like filters, tire rotation, wipers, oil change, etc.

Quick Reply: 15k Service - How Much?