G37 Sedan

15k Service - How Much?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 10:15 PM
hollywhip

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NCHIINFMNGR
I hear what all u guys are saying, but just ala cart the svc, lof/rotate/air filters and cabin , for all this it is $235.00, plus i always have coupons, believe me when I tell u this (just look at my name!!) if all u do is come to the dealer for warry work and say the dealer sucks, how am i going to feel when ur veh just falls out of warry and u need help?
Technically speaking i can help u with money from infiniti when your car falls out of warry, get most things covered even though your veh is out of warry up to a certian dollar amount, but dont forget guys this is a business, if u do what i tell u most of the time and build a relationship with the dealer, i have no problem helping people when they fall out of warrany if the problem is up to a certian dollar amount, but if inf and i look at your history and i tell u to do reg maint ir rec and u just say screw that too expensive or things like just use dealers for warry, they suck, i have the right to deny u any help from infiniti. BELIVE ME THIS HAPPENS A LOT, AND TO BE HONEST, WHY SHOULD I HELP U THEN, U JUST BASH ME. Sorry to say but dealers are a business, we need to keep the doors open just like most of u that have a business right?, so why so negitive toward dealers, not all of us are a$$ holes like me. All of my customers from another brand switched to infinit just so they could work with me! So dont always bash dealers, i get some suck but some dont. Keep this in mind people when u say screw the dealer
Is this Guy For Real "W.T.F."
Old 11-24-2011, 12:44 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by hollywhip
Is this Guy For Real "W.T.F."
Sounds like he knows what he's talking about, back in the early 90s I had taken my vehicles to the same Honda Service manager, referred quite a bit of business his way and kept regular maintainance and a few extra items through his dept. He definitely went above & beyond w/ several repairs that were quite a bit out of warranty and always gave me fair prices on the shop visits.

Dealers do need to make money, they have huge overhead, and w/ cars being more reliable than in years past it's harder to keep the money flowing into the business. I do most of my own maintanance but won't hesitate going to the dealer if it's something that I don't have the tools or expertise to handle on my own.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:19 PM
NCHIINFMNGR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is this guy for real..... really dude, i have been working for nis/inf for over a decade, i did not mean to go on a long story but it is true, not all dealers are a$$holes. I just dont like it when everybody bashes us, sorry u guys got treated crappy but not all of us suck. I hope to help on this site, give u correct info, and to let u know what really happens in the world of veh service and what to expect, happy posting
Old 11-25-2011, 02:08 AM
cy7878

Originally Posted by NCHIINFMNGR
is this guy for real..... really dude, i have been working for nis/inf for over a decade, i did not mean to go on a long story but it is true, not all dealers are a$$holes. I just dont like it when everybody bashes us, sorry u guys got treated crappy but not all of us suck. I hope to help on this site, give u correct info, and to let u know what really happens in the world of veh service and what to expect, happy posting

I hear what you are saying. Like in any business, there exists a relationship from constant dealing with someone. Unfortunately, more often than not, the consumer gets screwed because like religion, there is no guarentee that after I fork over my hard earned dollar for every recommended service that you will be there for me at the end if I need you.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:48 PM
bleu ardoise
Registered Member

I typically change the oil myself as I get some kind of satisfaction doing that plus I know the cover was put back properly, etc. I do use the dealer for major services like tranny, rear diff, change, etc and I try to get to know my service manager and advisers. Later on if and when I have a TSB or warranty claim it's easier to deal with the dealer when you a have a rapport with those folks. Also I like to support local business and the community, now that doesn't mean I like to be ripped off and paying $500+ for a 15K service is ridiculous and I personally don't get charged that much but I think a lot of dealerships get a bad rap for no reason.