G37 Sedan

2011 G37X: AC too cold?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:15 PM
zoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If someone came up with a manual retrofit for the climate control on this car he would make a mint.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:31 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The other day I was driving with a car full of friends. I had the A/C set to 75(auto).My friends in the back started complaining that they were hot while the front seat passenger and myself were sitting up there freezing our ***** off. So I decided to point the vents to the ceiling. This helped tremendously. I was no longer freezing and my rear seat passengers were all comfortable. This lead me to the conclusion that the a/c vents in the g are not meant to be pointed directly at you because of how cold the air blows. My auto system works great IMO. When getting into a hot car it quickly cools the car off then the fan speed slowly decreases after the cabin has reached the set temperature. On a 20 minute trip in 95+ degree weather the a/c fan has usually fallen to the 3rd notch by the time i reach my destination. My Maxima would have been full blast the whole trip. Its not the best auto system but it's surely not the worse. I just wish the dual a/c system was a little better. The passenger should be able to control the their fan speed and which vents the air comes out of like they can in the TL.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:09 AM
devil2k
Registered Member

My last car is a Mazda with very weak A/C. I can't complain about the G but I find it funny that people complain about A/C being too cold...
Old 06-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Corvettekid

Originally Posted by devil2k
My last car is a Mazda with very weak A/C. I can't complain about the G but I find it funny that people complain about A/C being too cold...
Maybe you are not reading or understAnding what people are saying...??? NO ONE is complaining it is too cold. We are complanning about the terrible auto climate in the car. See the difference?
Old 06-24-2011, 03:14 PM
devil2k
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Corvettekid
Maybe you are not reading or understAnding what people are saying...??? NO ONE is complaining it is too cold. We are complanning about the terrible auto climate in the car. See the difference?
My apology. I noticed that a little bit too but after having my previous car I really can't complain about the G.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Corvettekid

Originally Posted by devil2k
My apology. I noticed that a little bit too but after having my previous car I really can't complain about the G.
No worries..just wanted to help clear that up.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:00 AM
EnviedG35

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
I work in a refinery in southern louisiana...you better believe i am not complaining about my lovely cold a/c at the end of the day lol
Old 07-26-2011, 12:19 AM
mhudd

I think the whole idea of temp control is for the car to automatically adjust to maintain a desired temp regardless of the outside temp. Since 1994 (until last week), I have driven a lexus gs300 and almost always set my therm on 74 -- never had to adjust as the car did it for me, not too cold, not too hot, just 74. That is what climate control should do. I freeze in the g37 if its hott outside. If I wanted to adjust the therm myself, why have climate control. think about it, lol
Old 07-26-2011, 09:24 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
With the recent heat wave I was not complaining the temperature was too cold. It's different if the outside air is 72 degrees and one can hang meat in the interior.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:54 AM
G37CPA

Originally Posted by ebirrane
Here is an odd problem...was driving the other day and noticed that it was getting cold in the car. Really cold. System was set to "auto" and 72 degrees. The outside temp was at 68 degrees (cool day, had been in the 80's the two days prior). I had to dial the set temp up to ~82 degrees before the AC shut off.

-Ed

Aside from the issues with the climate control, I have to wonder why you would have the air on when the outside temp. is 68 degrees? Why not have the windows down and let in the fresh air and enjoy the day? Heck, you can even run the a/c with the windows down and have the best of both worlds when it is still just 82 degrees out.
I see so many people who think the only reason the car windows open is so they can receive their bag of fries at the Wendys drive through. Open the windows and enjoy nature when it is not brutally hot, raining or you have the lady in the car who cannot stand to have her hair blown around her head.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:31 AM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G37CPA
Aside from the issues with the climate control, I have to wonder why you would have the air on when the outside temp. is 68 degrees? Why not have the windows down and let in the fresh air and enjoy the day? Heck, you can even run the a/c with the windows down and have the best of both worlds when it is still just 82 degrees out.
I see so many people who think the only reason the car windows open is so they can receive their bag of fries at the Wendys drive through. Open the windows and enjoy nature when it is not brutally hot, raining or you have the lady in the car who cannot stand to have her hair blown around her head.
As much as I enjoy the fresh air with the window down, the wind noise is simply too much for me.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:40 AM
nixfix

The A/C is very powerful, which is great, especially given the recent heat. However, the sensors are complete crap. It would be fine if one setting always worked the same, but setting it to 76 degrees can mean anything from appropriate airflow to an artic blizzard coming out of the vents. Best I can tell is that the sun/light sensor is to blame for this odd behavior.

I miss the A/C in my FX35, which did not have this issue.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Iilac
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The thread should be retitle to avoid confusion and to help the OP with his question.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:34 PM
ShyAznB8oi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I set my AC on 74 deg... And it's just right! Not too cold or not too hot.. Just fineeee..

When I have my windows down and driving in the cold.. I put it to 86 deg rec.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:44 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Love the strong AC- auto temp control leaves much to be desired.

Quick Reply: 2011 G37X: AC too cold?