G37 Sedan

First day with the G. O....M.....G!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 12:44 AM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Meanie
Thanks for the welcome. I've been monitoring the forum for a year. Glad to join the ranks of G owners. It is always wonderful when something exceeds your expectations. It is great to see so many folks are repeat owners. That tells me I am unlikely to become dissappointed when the inital ownership rush wears off.
Haha, I will be on my 4th one coming up soon No complaints...just upgrading a little bit each time
Old 06-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Locksmith

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still love mine its an awesome machine.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Meanie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left at 2 am and drove from northern MA to Princeton, NJ. Then drove to Philadelphia, and up to Danbury, CT., all in the same day. I am (in nautical terms) broad of beam, so was concerned that the bolsters on the sport seat would be uncomfortable after a couple of hours. They are in the retracted position, and no problem, wasn't aching at all despite the 10 hours or so of driving time. Ocasionally I would misread the nav, as it differs from my Garmin, and I found if you don't set a way point to take you to the Tappan Zee, it always wants to send you across the GW bridge or into the Bronx, which is not a good idea at rush hour. My biggest problem was having the patience to keep it at about 9 mph over the limit, as I really wanted to cruise at 80+, but that seemed unwise. The G seems to be a pretty comfortable highway machine, and if you don't use cruise control the speed can creep up on you unoticed. It wasn't all highway, and I also spent some time just idling with the AC on, so averaged just below 25 mpg on 2 tanks by the time I got home the next day. Despite being smaller and lower, the G actually seems safer than my SUV due to the greater power, braking and agility to avoid nasty situations. The xS seadan is just a great all around car, and to top it off, looks good too.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:25 PM
xBLACKMAM8Ax

I myself have a 2009 G37xS sedan. I have had it for 2 years now and i still find excuses to take it out for a drive. I am married with 2 little boys and i tried dearly to get my wife to "allow" me to get the coupe at the time. I figured since i bought my wife a brand spanking new fully loaded Toyota Siena Limited that i would be good. I was SO wrong lol. In hindsight i am very happy with my sedan purchase and have actually thanked my wife for throwing a fit about my wanting the coupe. The first thing i did was tint my black beauty and then throw on a FI exhaust for a more throaty sound. While i really like most of the cars i see on this forum i am very happy keeping mine sporty but luxury looking. I take very good of my BlackMamba and she takes very good care of me. My only regret? Is that i had my car's transmission re-flashed that first year due to the "hard downshift". It feels like the BlackMamba lost a little of her power.

Welcome to club my man and enjoy your G!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
blnewt: Where did you find Non-Ethanol Gas ??? BTW, effective I beleive July 1, 15% ethanol levels....You will get worse mileage, and may affect Oxy sensors, etc. I have never seen 29-30 mpg on my 2010 G37X not doing 70+ mph. With the wind at my back, on a straight stretch of road, non-fully loaded - I'll see best 27.5 mpg..Ethanol in the gas. It's worse in Winter in the NY area anyway - Winter Blend they call it.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Alpha Ice
Minnesota G owners

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I picked up a new G37S 6MT this past weekend, I'm in love with it. I was searching on the forums Saturday night and decided to take it out for another spin at 2 am I spent 4 hours driving last night and I too was very comfortable in it, I think it says a lot considering I had the M45 before. The sedan still has plenty of grunt vs the V8, I kinda miss the growl of the V8, but in a few months I'll have an Invidia or FI exhaust on there, and all will be well. Can't knock the 22 mpg around town and high 27s on the highway!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:25 PM
qirex

To the original poster, is your car the S or xS? I wouldn't call the xS fantastic in turns considering it doesn't get the sport suspension.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Meanie

Handling can be considered in relative terms. Although I don't think I used the term "fantastic" I certainly waxed enthusiastic in my original post about how the G takes the curves. It is an xS, so it doesn't have the sport suspension of the S, but on the other hand it has AWD which should make it stick somewhat better (at least till the all season tires give way). If you are a drift master, that is probably a bad thing. In comparison to the first gen Highlander I came from (which in itself was one of the better handling SUVs) the G is a revelation. I'm sure a Cayman would make it seem like a wallowing water buffalo (well, maybe not that bad). Now that I've had the G a little longer I notice a little more lean than I did at first, but it is with the possible exception of a 72 MG I had, still the best handling car I have ever owned. I think the suspension is a good compromise for handling versus comfort. For me this is a year round family car, if I wanted seriously tighter suspension I would have gone with a Z.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Sena

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just try to resist modding it... lol
Old 06-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TinsleyC
I just love reading that....

Tinsley, I used to feel that with my 07 G35X, wish I could say the same with my 2010 G37X with the 7AT... I too liked reading the dissertation and excitement of driving this car. But unless something is very specifically wrong with my car (it's been checked numerous times....there's nothing wrong), I can't say the same. The horrendous jekiness of the tranny in stop n go traffic that I susually experience, in combination with the downshift hesitation, ruins my commutes. Mostly because I shoul've bought my 07 at lease turn in last June with only 25k miles on it; she ran fantasically - quick response, no gear hunting, no Jerkiness..... Oh well That's water under the Bridge.