G37 Sedan

New complaint

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:15 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
New complaint

Whenever I open the trunk after rain, water drips right into the trunk. Most of it flows correctly into the channels but I still get more than a few drops onto stuff I have in the trunk from the bottom edge of the trunk lid.

Anyone else have this weird issue?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:16 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
yep. same thing here.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Redfox

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rks
Whenever I open the trunk after rain, water drips right into the trunk. Most of it flows correctly into the channels but I still get more than a few drops onto stuff I have in the trunk from the bottom edge of the trunk lid.

My 2009 G37 sedan does the same thing. Poorly designed from inception I guess. This is the only vehicle that I've ever owned that has done this. And that includes a 1972 Volkswagen. I've seen others here on the forum complain of the same exact problem from time to time.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Tainui

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Even worse, when it rains, I usually get wet while taking things out of the trunk. sorry, couldn't resist
Old 05-26-2011, 12:49 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
water runs in when you open the front window also after the rain.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:56 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rks

Yep, same thing. This was mentioned in "Little things that you hate about your G" or something like that.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:57 AM
melz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happened on my 07 and happens on my 10.

It could be worse - my 06 Subaru Legacy GT wagon had almost non-existent rain gutters and the doors were frameless which leads to a whole lot of water on either the driver or passenger's lap when the window is open. Loved the car though, LOL.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:39 AM
NonAme

Just cause the car is 40k doesn't mean it's perfection. These minor imperfections exist on 100k cars as well.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:08 AM
BLKG37X

I usually open the trunk slowly. This way I keep it from dripping in. Though, I should not have to do this. A nice car like this shouldn't have this kind of issue
Old 05-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Fire0nIc3

Originally Posted by NonAme
Just cause the car is 40k doesn't mean it's perfection. These minor imperfections exist on 100k cars as well.

I couldn't agree more! Well said

Not directing this to the orginal poster, but I'm so sick of people whining on here saying, "oh this car is $40K it shouldn't be giving me problems or doing this and that" wahhh wahhh wahhhhhhhhh boo hooooooo. Price never justifies a car being perfect nor trouble free just to let some of you know. If that was the case my friend's $120K Mercedes wouldn't be in the shop for something all the time lol. I guess you guys havent owned cars that cost three times the amount of the G37 before. Oh and must you guys always say, "it's a $40K car"??? I'm pretty sure every person on here knows how much the damn car cost. No need to remind us on a daily basis lol.

I shouldn't complain really. You should check on the Hyundai forums. People on there say all the time, "this is a $20K car it shouldn't be giving me problems like this" LOL.

Not trying to stir something up, but I'm just speaking the truth.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:57 AM
rks
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fire0nIc3

Not directing this to the orginal poster, but I'm so sick of people whining on here saying, "oh this car is $40K it shouldn't be giving me problems or doing this and that" wahhh wahhh wahhhhhhhhh boo hooooooo. Price never justifies a car being perfect nor trouble free just to let some of you know. If that was the case my friend's $120K Mercedes wouldn't be in the shop for something all the time lol. I guess you guys havent owned cars that cost three times the amount of the G37 before. Oh and must you guys always say, "it's a $40K car"??? I'm pretty sure every person on here knows how much the damn car cost. No need to remind us on a daily basis lol.

I shouldn't complain really. You should check on the Hyundai forums. People on there say all the time, "this is a $20K car it shouldn't be giving me problems like this" LOL.

1. No one (before you and noname) mentioned the price of the car.
2. I consider it a weird design issue and didn't seem like anyone was 'whining'.

BTW you come off as a DB talking about your friend's car or how other here may or may not have owned expensive cars. But here are a couple pic just for you :

Old 05-27-2011, 10:18 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fire0nIc3

SOOOOOOOO true. Well said my friend. I am so sick of whiners.

Originally Posted by rks
1. No one (before you and noname) mentioned the price of the car.
2. I consider it a weird design issue and didn't seem like anyone was 'whining'.

BTW you come off as a DB talking about your friend's car or how other here may or may not have owned expensive cars. But here are a couple pic just for you :
Dude he said "not directing this at the OP" he was making a generalized statement. Read his fawking post again.

Aaaaand also, an NSX and a Porche, really? That's your "hey look at my expensive cars" retort? While they are nice, they are on the exact same level as a G.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:30 AM
rks
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
SOOOOOOOO true. Well said my friend. I am so sick of whiners.

Dude he said "not directing this at the OP" he was making a generalized statement. Read his fawking post again.

Aaaaand also, an NSX and a Porche, really? That's your "hey look at my expensive cars" retort? While they are nice, they are on the exact same level as a G.

Dude, if it wasn't for what you may consider 'whining'; most car forums wouldn't exist so make your own post to whine about the whining. When you post in a specific thread about a weird issue; you are implicitly directing it at other posters.

As for the NSX and Porsche being at the same level as the G, sure, whatever makes you happy.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Frankyg37s

dont have this problem!!!!! weird
Old 05-27-2011, 10:38 AM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Originally Posted by rks
New complaint?
Again?
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...-in-trunk.html
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ing-trunk.html

Surely there's even more but I didn't do another search with "truck" instead of trunk as so many here spell it that way...

Quick Reply: New complaint