G37 Sedan

Bluetooth Issue.....Still...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 07:07 PM
STEAMROLL9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bluetooth Issue.....Still...

Ironically, the day I picked up my new 2010 G37x(8/10), is the same day I got my new Iphone 4 in the mail. And since day one I've had an issue with the bluetooth. About 90% of the time, people say I sound very muffeld, like i'm underwater, or I'm a Klingon(MEEK GLACK TOUBACH). There is no rhyme or reason to when it will actually work, un-pairing, re-pairing, nothing I can do to make sure it will work at least for one call.

I held off til my first service to do anything about it. I told them of the issue, and I also asked for them to preform the Call Waiting TSB(which worked, thank god!). I picked it up and all seemed well. I haven't been driving much since(got laid off). The calls that I had in the car were fine, but after a little road trip and some calls, apparetly it was never fixed. This is my first car with bluetooth, and it sux. My garmin at least worked. Of course after looking at reciept from the service, they didn't actually do anything to fix it.

Any clues as to what the issue is, anyone else have this problem? I'd like to get this resolved finally.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd hazard that the issue is that you have an iPhone 4. They're pretty notorious for Bluetooth issues with headphones, car kits, you name it.

My 2011 works flawlessly with my cheap Samsung Convoy.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:07 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Mudgen
I'd hazard that the issue is that you have an iPhone 4. They're pretty notorious for Bluetooth issues with headphones, car kits, you name it.

My 2011 works flawlessly with my cheap Samsung Convoy.
i agree...iphones have all kinds of issues as a "phone". great for apps though. my blackberry works flawlessly with my bluetooth.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:25 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
yeah, i was JUST about to say the same thing. iphones seem to have the most problem with bluetooth headsets, in-car or ear piece use. try a different phone (ask a friend) and compare the two.
keep us posted! hopefully will be landing the new iphone when it's released (...its not being released in june anymore, is it?) haha gl!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:23 AM
zoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a BB and people I call say the quality stinks.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:33 PM
NewG4Me

Originally Posted by zoner
I have a BB and people I call say the quality stinks.
+1 on that. People say I sound like I am either underwater or that it cuts in and out.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Mudgen
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I had a BB, people said the same thing. That was with a Motorola hands-free kit in my Subie. My cheap Samsung was also fine with that.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:35 PM
zoner

Don't think it is the BB though. It sounds fine through my wife's Lexus.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:50 AM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds okay on my Droid. No one I have spoken with through BT has mentioned any call quality issues.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:47 PM
aarcam

Is the phone in a pocket on the left side of your body?

I use to keep mine in the left front pants pocket and got complaints from the wife that she could not hear me. Started putting it in gap of the passenger side seat extender moved out one click. Fewer complaints. Only works when I am by myself, but if she is sitting in the passenger seat, I have fewer calls anyway...

Granted, my other phone (3 year old HTC touch dual) had no issue and never had to be moved from my pocket, and that was for a 06G, 08G and my current 10G. Go figure.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:38 AM
bitNine

I noticed at one point (in my old car) that if I have my iphone in my pocket, people say I sound garbled. But not always. The only thing I could think of is that the secondary mic on the iphone is on for some reason. It should be on when you are making a regular call, but not when using bluetooth. That secondary mic is supposed to pick up wind and other noises to cancel them out for the listener. But I can't replicate it because it doesn't always do it. I have plenty of calls in my car that are perfect and people don't complain. but every once in awhile...
Old 05-23-2011, 06:35 PM
allagaroo

Have an iPhone 3GS version 4.3.2 and bluetooth works fine in my 2010 G37xS with Nav. Had a phonebook problem initially with garbled addresses but that was rectified probably a year ago by Infiniti.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:34 PM
gimpy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the new IPhone 4 from Verizon also but haven't had any problems with the BlueTooth in my G37xS sedan.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:37 AM
SiguRos

My 3GS won't even stay paired. Connect/disconnect/connect/disconnect until I get fed up with it and turn bluetooth off. Funny thing is my dad's crappy flip phone works like a charm and sounds great.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:37 AM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by STEAMROLL9
About 90% of the time, people say I sound very muffeld, like i'm underwater
I am with T-Mobile, I had a Sony Ericsson TM506 paired to my 2009 Journey sedan and the folks on the other end said I sounded fine.

I now have an HTC MyTouch 4G and I'm told it sounds like I'm muffled or underwater, as if a large percentage of the frequency range is gone.

This makes me feel like it's a phone compatibility issue. You would think they would get it right with the iphone, though.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Issue.....Still...