G37 Sedan

My good day turned to crap

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 01:55 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Fire0nIc3
Not to bust your *****, but his situation has nothing to do "weak paint". If the debris that flew off that truck was enough to crack his windshield (which it did) it would definately chip the paint of the car if it hits it too. Glass is stronger than paint and it cracked his glass. So it'll definately chip the paint too.

Infiniti paint is soft though, I'll give you that
none of that is from debris from the truck, i thought i would just add my crappy paint to the thread since i already have another thread on it.

and the safelite filler isnt bad, you can barely tell where it hit.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 AM
fluxemag

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
In AZ a lot of the gravel trucks have "not responsible for broken windows" written on the back of the trucks. I'm not sure how that works...I might have to try it "not responsible for speeding tickets, mortgage payments or unintended pregnancies".

My windshield got cracked the first week I had my car, it had like 200 miles on it. All of the freeways here are landscaped with gravel. It looks nice, but it gets onto the road and then of course it gets kicked up. My old Solara has like 5 stars on the windshield. I have free glass coverage, but after a while it just seems pointless to keep replacing.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM
glockinitup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plastichrome

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and am the proud owner of a black 2010 G37 journey (since 04/2010). I have had no major issues with my vehicle, but when I saw <!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->TeRRoRiFiC35<!-- google_ad_section_end -->'s car pic, I discovered I had a major problem with my car! Does anyone know if any company in the New Orleans, Louisiana does the Plastichrome? I think the all black trim around the windows (instead of the chrome colored) looks so sexy. Please tell me someone knows someone that can do this for me in my area!!! I figured if anyone could help it would be you ladies and gentlemen.

Happy driving

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript itxtBad="1" itxtNodeId="344"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_3125106", true); </SCRIPT>
Old 05-07-2011, 07:41 AM
BillPaul

Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
Well this morning I had a job interview with a company I liked and all went well. Then after that, I took my car to get with plastichrome window trim wrapped in gloss black... Then my good day turned to complete crap thanks to an 18 wheeler, he cracked my windshield with a rock. It pisses me off since this is the first time in my 5 month old car, the second time it has happened to me in the past year(dump truck dropped some of his load).
I think the best way to think about such unexpected & disappointing damage is to consider it as part of what is required to maintain a fine automobile.

In some ways, it is similar to a house - things will get damaged, require repairs & replacing, painting, etc., in order to retain its function & beauty. Likewise, for a car, expect periodically to have dents & scratches repaired, parts replaced, etc. Once you expect & are prepared for this, it is a lot easier to deal with without getting depressed.

Part of this approach is to have a good paint & body shop you can rely on to do flawless repairs. Expect to visit them every 1-2 years if you plan to keep your cars for a long time. We keep ours at least 10-12 years. I recently gave my 2001 Honda Accord to my daughter: it looks & drives like new because of all the care we have given it.

I hope this helps put things in perspective.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:51 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the protective film on the front of the G, so no paint chips so far. I did get a chip in my windshield and had them come to my house to fill in the chip. They did a perfect job.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:17 PM
4drScreamer

I don't know about all that, but the plastichrome trim work looks sick! Very nice man! Sorry about your windshield. Glad the Safelite fix worked out OK.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
hope things get better for ya