Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd claim injury....
Old 03-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
i hate other drivers. i dont trust anyone. Sorry to see that but its likely totaled
Old 03-12-2011, 03:03 AM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by financeman
That's why insurance is crazy high....because of unethical crap like this. By all means go to the doctor to get checked out...but not with the goal of getting rich.
Insurance doesn't depend on what people claim. Insurance depends on drivers who drive the same car in the same area.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Creepers

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
everyone says black is the fastest color. well, now im more inclined to think it's the bad luck color.

as far as texting, it's nothing like what i used to do. i could twist up an L while driving stick in twisty back roads, no problem.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
damn dude! i am so sorry to hear that! hope things work out for ya
Old 03-12-2011, 08:28 PM
melz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch! That's pretty ugly. Glad to hear you're okay.

I hope the idiot who hit you gets slammed by the law. Some jail time sounds about right but he probably won't get that.

I just don't get it - texting while driving is so freaking stupid.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:07 PM
SCBLKG37

THE CURSE of the BLACK CAR CONTINUES
Old 03-12-2011, 11:47 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by crazjayz
Insurance doesn't depend on what people claim. Insurance depends on drivers who drive the same car in the same area.
I'm not sure where you received your information, but you are only partially correct. Loss ratios and loss exposures pretty much determine every premium in the insurance industry....and those ratios are determined using complex multiple regression analysis that align automobile type, environmental attributes, and demographics considered contributory to losses. Claims absolutely determine premiums....and tort claims increase premiums. False or inflated claims are costly...we all pay additional premiums when this occurs. In many states the insurance commissioners approve premiums....to make sure what is charged align with costs.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:33 AM
defton519

Glad your ok and sorry about the G. My G got hit by a drunk driver a few weeks ago and I am still waiting to see what my insurance is going to pay out. It was almost a year old but I'll let you know what I get out of my insurance.

It looks almost like mine however I didn't have any damage to any other areas of the car other than the rear. The adjustor told me that the frame was bent though and that is why they totalled the car. Good luck with your insurance.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Wezbian
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know what everyone is talking about. That should buff out nicely! Use an orange pad and go over it once. Fixed!
Old 03-13-2011, 05:25 PM
4drScreamer

Originally Posted by Wezbian
I don't know what everyone is talking about. That should buff out nicely! Use an orange pad and go over it once. Fixed!
Yeah, just stuff the airbags back into their spots and superglue the edges back in place. Should be no problem.

Good luck to OP. Hope you got checked out and that you are OK. Get someone else to drive to the slopes. Hopefully you replace with the same ride.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:52 PM
supra2k
Registered Member

I find out if my car will be totaled tomorrow. Car's a lease so..

Originally Posted by eksigned
that's a little odd...you're the 3rd or 4th BLACK G37S sedan I've heard of getting crushed. makes me a little uneasy. despite, i hope you're okay! I've always been under the impression that despite frame damage, cars could still be viable for rebuilds; albeit most owners end up selling. Yours on the other hand looks totaled...that's A LOT OF damage. I'm here sitting in lecture and not paying attention, and my jaw drops to the floor with a slight curse. I got some glares

Make sure you get your neck checked out - whiplash doesn't show for the first couple of days, but after the swelling and bruising settles in...you'll be in for a world of hurt!!!

By the way, your headlights look like 5k, yes? sorry...hope that's appropriate to ask...?
Hid's are 8000k both fogs and low beam.

I'm tearing up the mountain lol.. no whiplash, but im gonna get a do some PT thru a family friend and pocket some profit.

Originally Posted by 180Custom
.... another 6MT black sedan?!? we might as well compile a thread with all the totalled 6mt black sedans.

Good luck, what are you getting next?
Not sure what to get next.. any suggestions?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:42 PM
nixfix

Originally Posted by eksigned
did i read that right? you really shouldn't go snowboarding dude. i'm telling ya - i got rear ended by a damn SHERIFF on the freeway (traffic). i was fine for a few hours, then of course...i couldn't move my neck. ended up in a hospital with a neck brace around myself without any means of contacting family it was a rather annoying situation i found myself in. i couldn't rotate my neck in any direction. pppaaaiinnfffuullllll

i didn't even profit...stupid attorney! ugh!!!
+1

Don't mess with whiplash. I was in a head-on collision when I was in my early twenties. I had some pain and stiffness but never sought treatment. 10 years later, it turns out I lost significant curvature in my neck and have constant pain, which, according to my doctor, is undoubtedly the result of lack of treatment after the first accident.

Good luck to you.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:05 PM
JuicyG37

wow that really suck man
Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Any updates or finding out within the next 24 hrs? You should get another G.

Quick Reply: Don't text while driving...