G37 Sedan

Gas Prices Suck!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 04:16 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Yep... an arm, a leg and a firstborn child. I only HAVE one child.

I'm gonna miss him.

Taxifornia Ba-LOWS. $3.91 for premium at COSTCO. $4.04 is the cheapest, elsewhere.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Amon_Ra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
regardless of where it ends up toping out at, the gas prices will probably drop back down to the 2.90 range at some point

the situation in Libya really doesn't make much sense as far as the price of crude goes. They dont produce enough of the world's oil to have that much of an effect. Should the Saudi's decide they want reform thats probably where we will see those 5-6 dollar a gallon prices
Old 03-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Mr Ian B

I am soooooooooo tired of the middle east crap and our fracking dependency on their oil. There, i said it what everyone is thinking but did not want to say it.

Ian B
Old 03-05-2011, 05:58 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken
Looking at gas charts on gasbuddy, gas prices jump up really high in May every year. I think $4.50 by June.
But this is the first year in recent memory where the Middle East has been in such turmoil. While it may seem a good thing on the surface (at least for the people in the region), I'm honestly not very hopeful. Our crappy foreign policy with many of those countries will come back to haunt us.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:06 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Amon_Ra
regardless of where it ends up toping out at, the gas prices will probably drop back down to the 2.90 range at some point

the situation in Libya really doesn't make much sense as far as the price of crude goes. They dont produce enough of the world's oil to have that much of an effect. Should the Saudi's decide they want reform thats probably where we will see those 5-6 dollar a gallon prices
This is true. The price of oil is pretty much determined by Saudi Arabia. Currently, the price of oil is fluctuating based on political sentiment, not really based on fact.

Things is though, I don't think the Saudi's are going to reform any time soon. It's reaaally different there vs. places like Egypt and Libya. Saudi is still a kingdom, keep that in mind, and the power is relegated to a select few. It's not like other places that have corruption or violence. I'm going to end it there, since this isn't the political sub-forum.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:22 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the gas station right by my house here in san diego is 4.19 for premium! fml
Old 03-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Amon_Ra

Originally Posted by A_Palaroan
the gas station right by my house here in san diego is 4.19 for premium! fml
same price across the street from my apartment...that exxon owner is on meth though...i go home to get shell gas for about 3.57 a gallon
Old 03-05-2011, 11:32 PM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Amon_Ra
Lybia is one of the few places in the world that produces sweet crude oil. It's very high quality and can be quickly refined into fuel oils ( gasoline, diesel, kerosene, etc). Even though Lybia produces only 2% of the worlds' total oil supply it produces a much higher amount of swet crude.

We can get our oil from other places (Saudi Arabia, etc.) but that oil is "drity" (also called sour crude) and requires more work (and cost) to refine into fuel oils.

That is why the North African, and in particular Lybian, situation is having such a dramatic impact on fuel prices.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:36 AM
burningembers

$67 to fill for me earlier today. Due to commute I fill every 6-8 days. Guess its time for an M35h?
Old 03-06-2011, 03:46 AM
Doggy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
One new station In sun valley had gas for 2.90 yesterday but only for a few hours
Old 03-06-2011, 04:22 AM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^LOL Doggy is smoking some bad stuff
Old 03-06-2011, 04:29 AM
WARAT
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
I guess since I live right next to a shell gas station, I don't really do full tank and the unsprung weight kinda helps a bit. I only do half tank every fill at least one and a half week. i live like 4 miles from work and the G is my DD/grocery getter. Prices suck but I haven't felt it yet since I don't commute that far.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:27 AM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
wow $63 I filled up in jersey(like .30-.40 a gallon diff)
between this & nitro is $5.00 a lb.
I'm looking at over $100 to reload both.
thank goodness the nitro is on only at wot
when I want it,or else I'd be hermoraging $.

time for bio diesel upgrade.
make 800hp & french fries at the same time.
gtm should make a bio diesel set up, we got pleent of grease from deep fryers.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:48 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Just paid 3.63 for V-Power in Bergen County. So the 3.75 I posted earlier in this thread was incorrect. Because gas price did go up and I paid more for gas this week compared to last week and both times I had about a quartet of a tank left.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Amon_Ra

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
Lybia is one of the few places in the world that produces sweet crude oil. It's very high quality and can be quickly refined into fuel oils ( gasoline, diesel, kerosene, etc). Even though Lybia produces only 2% of the worlds' total oil supply it produces a much higher amount of swet crude.

We can get our oil from other places (Saudi Arabia, etc.) but that oil is "drity" (also called sour crude) and requires more work (and cost) to refine into fuel oils.

That is why the North African, and in particular Lybian, situation is having such a dramatic impact on fuel prices.
thank you for the input...every thing i was reading never went that far into it

Quick Reply: Gas Prices Suck!