G37 Sedan

2009 Loaner

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 01:03 AM
RhiNoKiLL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest, I don't think he raged much at all. This thread is very unnecessary if you take a step back and look at it.

Basically all I got out of it was.... all non-S is not worthy to purchase and is dull.

Cool dude...next time make that your facebook status or something instead.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:54 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes, I just thought is was a bit offensive and flippant. The way the OP wrote, the non-S package wasn't worth his time, not that it was just another version. I love my G, and I seriously considered the S package when I was buying my car, but after I did my research I found that is wasn't all that, and it was more window dressing than anything. If I am going to buy an 'S' package of a car it had better be faster, handle significantly better, and just do everything better, and the S version of the G just doesn't do that. So when it is presented as such, It makes me a little irritated. Didn't mean to rage, and excuse me, I presented facts not anecdotal heresay. And admitted the good parts.

If you are going to start a thread about how your S is so much better than a regular 'ol G, then you don't think you're going to catch a little flack? Or that it's not warranted?

Now, if you had said you dropped your AMG C63 off and got a C350 loaner and couldn't wait to get back into the C63, now that I would understand.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:10 AM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I considered the sports package but i didnt want the stiffer ride nor did i like the look of the 18inch rims. My maxima had the sport suspension and after riding in one without the sport suspension i came to realize i prefer the comfort over the better handling, which isnt that much better if you ask me. And i've also driven 09 loaners most were base which I hated but i did get one with the journey package which was comfy. I also got a 2010 base loaner once and it was just like the 2009 base. So if your coming from a car with the premium and Nav Packages then of course your going to hate a base model car.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:06 AM
roots4x

I have an S (6MT) but honestly I'd love a Journey with premium. The ride is compliant, smooth and very comfy yet sporty. The S does make everything a little harsher and just a little less luxurious. To each his own. Sport isn't better, it's just preference.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:18 AM
roots4x

Originally Posted by ozzypriest
I bet my non-s will kick your Sport's butt in a 1/4 mile drag. Then we'll see who talks about 'boring.' The 6 speed mt has a lot of problems as has been noted by a variety of reviewers, and the 7AT is almost always clocked as a faster vehicle. The LSD on the S is crap because it's viscous fluid and doesn't works anywhere near as wel as any number of other, planetary-gear based LSDs, including the torsen on my old G8 GT, and it craps out at around 45k and then just sort of defaults to being an open differential, just lime the non sport model.

The Akami brakes suck and were built to provide as little brake dust as possible, not for track g the car, and fade after a few hard stops or lots of trail braking at the track, and the seats catch all kinds of crap in them.

The ONLY thing I can see worthwhile about the S package is the quicker ratio steering and the 18"'wheels with 245s on the rear. Suspension is too stiff for daily driving in most necks of the wood, and how often do you actually use that stiffer suspension and thicker sway bar? Do you go 110 on public roads often and swerve in and out of traffic? Do you always make a habit of insulting the vast majority of G owners on this site who are just as passionate if not more so than you about the car?
I wrote a huge paragraph defending the S package. But there's no point since your idea of fun is running in a straight line and making fun of us for paying money for a sport package, so I just deleted it.

You sir, are a huge hypocrite. Just because there are a couple people that are ripping on non-S models, that doesn't mean all of us S owner are crazy jack-hats. We appreciate the need to cater to different types of people. Where do you get off belittling everything in the S package and in turn, doing exactly what you are preaching against?
Old 02-12-2011, 08:54 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
How about this for those who were highly offended:

IMHO, For the price point the G37 "S" provides the best combination of a family hauler with a sporty feel.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:51 PM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The S is just a screaming deals. Better brakes, better tires, better steering, better passenger seat (at least), a little more sporty suspension for a street car. All these for how much? Around 2k !!!
Some of the comments against the S like brakes are funny too like brake fades and diff will goes out at 45K. I mean if you don't know how change pads, fluid and run some ducting for the brakes then stay off the track, please. Seriously on the street the sport brakes are top notch, without excessive dust and noise.
To me the G37S is just two notches above the Camry in sportiness, the standard 37G is one notch.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:04 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
op oh know you didnt! what you say about my momma!? haha i love the fact we are so passionate about our cars.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:27 PM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CodeG
The S is just a screaming deals. Better brakes, better tires, better steering, better passenger seat (at least), a little more sporty suspension for a street car. All these for how much? Around 2k !!!
Some of the comments against the S like brakes are funny too like brake fades and diff will goes out at 45K. I mean if you don't know how change pads, fluid and run some ducting for the brakes then stay off the track, please. Seriously on the street the sport brakes are top notch, without excessive dust and noise.
To me the G37S is just two notches above the Camry in sportiness, the standard 37G is one notch.
Wow, so were comparing the G to a Camry(FWD) now? SMH... Whats next, the Altima, Sonata, Carolla? That's just straight disrespect to any G owner, Sport or Non-Sport. I know your defending the S package and you have made some very valid points, but I think you went a little too far with that one. Btw, one of the major reasons i opted out of the S package was the cost of maintaining the BBK. Pads alone are really expensive.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:10 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Originally Posted by roots4x
I wrote a huge paragraph defending the S package. But there's no point since your idea of fun is running in a straight line and making fun of us for paying money for a sport package, so I just deleted it.

You sir, are a huge hypocrite. Just because there are a couple people that are ripping on non-S models, that doesn't mean all of us S owner are crazy jack-hats. We appreciate the need to cater to different types of people. Where do you get off belittling everything in the S package and in turn, doing exactly what you are preaching against?
Hey roots, did you know that some ******* is writing idiotic posts and signing your name to them? Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you didn't realize this. Sincerely, ozzypriest.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:33 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CodeG
The Akami brakes are well known for fade and are barely better than the stock. This has been noted by several of the zines when they tried to track the 370z as a big problem. None of the other cars we like to make fun of had this issue, including the Genesis coupe. When contacted, Nissan reps indicates that the brakes were primarily engineered to release as little brake dust as possible, and went really intended for the track or even heavy duty back road fun. I say WTF to that.

As for the differential, it's sealed, you can't change the fluid. When it gies bad it just goes bad and that's all there is to it. And if abused, it goes bad fast. It is not up to heavy duty use for all the fun stuff one is supposed to be able to do with an LSD like burnouts or 10/10ths standing starts or drifting.

The 6 mt is, again, not exactly known for being one if the better manuals out there. That has been widely observed as well as it's tendency to have stiff action and a sort of off/on feel to the clutch making city driving a chore. Again noted by many blogs and zines.

Yes, you have a bigger sway bar. Whoopteedo. Hasn't really translated into better skidpad numbers.

Seats are more supportive but many people hate the crumb catcher action and some reviewers feel they are uncomfortable and too tight.

You have a better steering rack and bigger wheels, basically in the end. And a much more uncomfortable ride. But pretty brakes. And an S badge so you can feel superior to us lowly non- s owners who have the exact same engine almost the exact same car.

I never got on myg37 and started a thread on how I couldn't wait to get out of my sport loaner and back into my Journey cuz the sport sucked. I only responded to said thread. But you did do that. Who's the hypocrite again?
Old 02-13-2011, 03:39 AM
JohnEnglish
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OMG SOMEONE INSULTED MY CAR ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST DEFEND PURCHASING DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That said:

- LOL if you don't buy your car with all the options
- It's Akebono, not Akami brakes
- I've driven both and Akebono brakes own stock brakes
- Drink milk, stay in school, don't do drugs
Old 02-13-2011, 07:28 AM
zoner

Originally Posted by mw09g37
hehhehh nice. I bet you will now when you hit the throttle and there's that 50ms of nothing and that ss camaro starts pulling away hahaha

just kidding man.
Be glad that SS Camaro is faster. Because you can't wait to get to where you are going so you can get out of that UGLY interior.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:25 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
OMG SOMEONE INSULTED MY CAR ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST DEFEND PURCHASING DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That said:

- LOL if you don't buy your car with all the options
- It's Akebono, not Akami brakes
- I've driven both and Akebono brakes own stock brakes
- Drink milk, stay in school, don't do drugs
What kind of milk? If you say whole milk then it's on.

How long should we stay in school, what about learning a trade?

Your opinions and preferences are wrong (regardless of what they are).
Old 02-13-2011, 10:06 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The issue with the 370Z brakes on the track are not the brakes themselves, it's the stock Nissan brake fluid. The brakes are fine, but the stock brake fluid stinks for track use. The Nissan brake fluid will eventually boil leading to sudden brake loss.

Quick Reply: 2009 Loaner