G37 Sedan

Failed attempt to steal MY10xS Fog light...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 06:20 PM
leeI35G35

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Viper62382
Nobody stole your chrome trim. Get real. Something hit, knocked it off and the foglight loose, and thats when you noticed it. No biggy, life goes on.
lmao yeah ok. Do you know the only way to pop the shroud off is sticking a tool in between the cracks and prying it off. Not happening from a pot hole dude. Though I know you are being sarcastic.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:23 PM
leeI35G35

anyway, I called around and found out that my two local dealers were confused. It didn't realize the metal shroud was a seperate piece. I called Riverside Infiniti in Cali and they were helpful by giving me the part number. I then went to Infiniti of annapolis and ordered the shroud for $22.00. Also, I was in the spending mood and ordered the front chin spoiler Should be in by Friday.. can't wait!!!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:37 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by leeI35G35
lmao yeah ok. Do you know the only way to pop the shroud off is sticking a tool in between the cracks and prying it off. Not happening from a pot hole dude. Though I know you are being sarcastic.
Uhhh that could very easily happen from hitting a pot hole, or something else that caused your foglight to come loose. There is no possible way that anyone could steal your foglights unless they cut them out of your bumper. They are held by 1 tiny 8mm screw that could have came loose, causing the foglight to fall out and push the chrome ring right out. Those rings come off extremely easy, I can rip it off with one hand by tugging on it and it's off.

Don't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that your ring got stolen, if they wanted to steal it... there would be much more damage done to your car.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:14 PM
leeI35G35

Originally Posted by 180Custom
Uhhh that could very easily happen from hitting a pot hole, or something else that caused your foglight to come loose. There is no possible way that anyone could steal your foglights unless they cut them out of your bumper. They are held by 1 tiny 8mm screw that could have came loose, causing the foglight to fall out and push the chrome ring right out. Those rings come off extremely easy, I can rip it off with one hand by tugging on it and it's off.

Don't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that your ring got stolen, if they wanted to steal it... there would be much more damage done to your car.
True but I avoid potholes like the plague. I am lowered so I look for every little crack, or obstacle in the street. Maybe you are right, but I detailed my car before I went out that night and the shroud was there. Trust me, I even polish the foglight lense with ziano. Could be random vandalism or it probably fell out like you said... Either way, I ordered the shroud part and chin spoiler. Thread--Dead.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:43 PM
tristan1334

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by leeI35G35
lol Tristan...hey man i thought you had a coupe? So you traded for the xS too.

This happened in Adams Morgan. I went to District Lounge that night. When I left around 3am, I came back to the car and saw the car messed up. I parked on Columbia a block from the McDonalds.
Yeah, I had a coupe and totaled it. Plus my coupe was parked most of the winter last year.

You're brave taking your car to Adams Morgan. Somebody keyed my car there and I was parked in the garage.

Lots of car meet coming this spring. I'll keep you posted.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:29 PM
leeI35G35

Originally Posted by tristan1334
Yeah, I had a coupe and totaled it. Plus my coupe was parked most of the winter last year.

You're brave taking your car to Adams Morgan. Somebody keyed my car there and I was parked in the garage.

Lots of car meet coming this spring. I'll keep you posted.
Oh cool man. I was following your thread in 2008 when you went to the track and got a 13.5 with hfc's. I live in MD too, I had a OB 08 6MT coupe and traded it in for a LP 10xS.

Lesson learned though. I work at Saki on Saturday nights so my dj friend and I alternate driving to adams morgan. I used to park in an attended lot until those dummys door dinged me.

Anyway, keep me posted on the meets. A couple of my friends have G's too.