Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
That's your water temp....
Old 02-06-2011, 01:30 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Okita240
And this is it's descendant...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VniJNVIgHww?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VniJNVIgHww?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

...not the G37.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 02-06-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:00 PM
roots4x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Modme
That's your water temp....
Ah coolant temperature, that's right.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Gazan37
Banned

forget the gauge just get an oil cooler and keep your eye on the standard temp gauge.

Seems like the best option
Old 02-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Okita240

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
And this is it's descendant...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VniJNVIgHww?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VniJNVIgHww?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

...not the G37.
Emm, GT-T is not the GT-R. GT-T was being sold consecutively with GT-R. The point it that you can make any car fast with $$. And just because it doesn't have GT-R designation doesn't mean that it can't be more sports oriented. I mean, that's why we buy these cars rather than a Camry isn't it? At least that was one of the reasons for me.

Like I said earlier, it's just a gripe. You know, like grumbling. It's not something that'll make me not buy the car.

Last edited by Okita240; 02-06-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Okita240

Originally Posted by Gazan37
forget the gauge just get an oil cooler and keep your eye on the standard temp gauge.

Seems like the best option
Well yeah. That's what I'm going to do.

It would have been interesting if the IPL came with these additional displays.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Gazan37
Banned

^Good you should be satisfied man. unless your going for a full on track setup later on an oil cooler and using the stock gauge to monitor your levels should be fine.

If you do go all out though, you might want to consider the HKS and Greddy readout systems. You wont have any gauge clutter for daily driving, and on the track just hit AUX and throw it into the readout mode.

Good luck
Old 02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by Okita240
Emm, GT-T is not the GT-R. GT-T was being sold consecutively with GT-R. The point it that you can make any car fast with $$. And just because it doesn't have GT-R designation doesn't mean that it can't be more sports oriented. I mean, that's why we buy these cars rather than a Camry isn't it? At least that was one of the reasons for me.

Like I said earlier, it's just a gripe. You know, like grumbling. It's not something that'll make me not buy the car.
I totally agree you can mod a car to make it sportier, absolutely nothing wrong with that, hell it's a requirement considering the state they're shipping lux sport cars in these days with the focus on fuel economy. I'm afraid we're in the minority... too many old dudes wanting a lux sport coupe and fuel economy is #1, Cost #2 and HP number 3.

Comes a point though where modding cars built for these guys to be high end sports cars is better served by just starting with a high end sports car.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 02-06-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Okita240

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Comes a point though where modding cars built for these guys to be high end sports cars is better served by just starting with a high end sports car.
I think the issue is that we're very limited in the number of sports cars these days. And for me, a 2 seater is out of the question since I have a family, and I'm sticking to a RWD. It'll be interesting to see how far I can go with the Sedan.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:41 PM
colburs

I show you guys someone who cares about temp gauge and bought the right car

<IFRAME title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gE9TQ-Vwzfc" frameBorder=0 width=640 height=390 allowfullscreen itxtBad="1"></IFRAME><!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

What is this? It's pretty cool.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:14 PM
RedG37SNC

Originally Posted by colburs
What is this? It's pretty cool.
DashCommand - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:27 PM
MOB

HEY OP.....

Can you tell us a bit more about your track-day experience? Where, what kind of course, what run-groups you participated in, what kind of speeds did you achieve, etc....?

Also, have you made any alterations/upgrades to your braking system? I too will be tracking my sedan this spring and I'd be lying if there wasn't some concern in the back of my head about braking stamina and brake fade....did you experience any of this?
Old 02-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Okita240

Originally Posted by MOB
HEY OP.....

Can you tell us a bit more about your track-day experience? Where, what kind of course, what run-groups you participated in, what kind of speeds did you achieve, etc....?

Also, have you made any alterations/upgrades to your braking system? I too will be tracking my sedan this spring and I'd be lying if there wasn't some concern in the back of my head about braking stamina and brake fade....did you experience any of this?
I'm not quite sure if you were referring to me, but if you were, it was at the Willow Springs. It's a pretty high speed course where you'll be reaching triple digits here and there. I was in the intermediate group and I was the slowest out of the guys that was timing their runs.

It was 120+mph on the front straight. Everything on the car is stock. Not a single mod except for the tinted windows. Ambient temp was probably in the high 70's and the car went on limp mode after 2 laps. I actually had no brake issues but the car feels like a whale with big braking dives into turns and slow to respond to weight shifts. Everything just feels like it is in slow motion.

Basically the car goes onto limp mode the moment you start to have fun. Weight and heat is the biggest enemy for this car.

I don't know if this bit of information will help you get a better image of the car's characteristics, but I used track my 240SX every month for 3 years plus about the same amount with autox. All of this was about 7 years ago though...
I don't consider myself as advanced, but not a beginner either.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:34 PM
MOB

whether it be a spirited driving session on a nice long stretch of twisties or a closed course HPDE event, tha car going into limp mode can be very dangerous...... Am I understanding you correctly that it goes into limp mode without warning? yikes
Old 02-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Okita240

Originally Posted by MOB
whether it be a spirited driving session on a nice long stretch of twisties or a closed course HPDE event, tha car going into limp mode can be very dangerous...... Am I understanding you correctly that it goes into limp mode without warning? yikes
I wouldn't worry so much about limp mode being dangerous. The ECU just cuts your throttle input by half and the rev limit lowers to about 6100 RPM. It's actually a good thing that the ECU is protecting your engine.

Quick Reply: One gripe about the G