G37 Sedan

G37 Sedan Body kit info.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 03:12 AM
basik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Sedan Body kit info.

Hi, I just recently got a used 2010 G37 sedan S but problem is the front AND back bumper are sorta messed up. I was wondering where I can find a site that sells body kits for the g37 sedan.. I tried googling/searching on this forum but no results!! and if I do, it leads me to a shady site..

do the g37s have a site dedicated to all aftermarket parts like the genesis coupe does??
I thought the g37s had lots of aftermarket support.. however I cannot find a single site dedicated to aftermarket parts.. like genracer.com

anyways thanks in advanced!
Old 01-30-2011, 04:03 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I can't help you with a site, but can you be more specific as far as they're "messed up" ??

An option would be to add the OEM Aero kit. ..however not a solution for the back.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:36 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
OEM looks the best, body kits are for civics, the G looks good with lips.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:04 AM
basik

Originally Posted by Ibanez540r
I can't help you with a site, but can you be more specific as far as they're "messed up" ??

An option would be to add the OEM Aero kit. ..however not a solution for the back.
Ok so basically what happened was my uncle who lives in cali bought a 2010 G37 S with Navi(worth around 40k total he claims) with around 11k miles and he offered to just let me take over payments(at 25K left 535 a month) if I gave him 3k for it. Only because I asked him If I can take the car.. so I go ahead with that deal but what happens on his way to texas(where i live) he gets into an accident so the alignment is all ****ed up along with the front bumper and back bumper.. right now i'm taking it to the auto shop and my uncle says he'l pay for the damages but I have no idea what kind of problems the car has yet

so basically I need a new bumper anyways so I was looking for body kits which I cannot find!

damn I'm starting to regret on taking the car.. it looks like he treated it like ****.. looks like the car was used to do donuts and a lot of street racing.. ****..
Old 01-30-2011, 11:16 AM
1BadAssG

Just reading how the car was abused gives me the chills. I'd never do that to my baby lol.
Make sure to get the engine and everything else checked out by a mechanic to see there arent future damages that's gonna be raining over yoh
Old 01-30-2011, 12:46 PM
jetg37s

Dude sorry to hear about the accident. The best place for aftermarket parts that have perfect fitment is autokits. As far as front lip, rear diffuser, spoilers, side skirts etc. You can contact Alex and his prices are pretty fair and awesome quality parts. you can contact him at 954-251-2120.

Last edited by jetg37s; 01-31-2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Change number
Old 01-30-2011, 12:51 PM
basik

Originally Posted by bashirdur
Just reading how the car was abused gives me the chills. I'd never do that to my baby lol.
Make sure to get the engine and everything else checked out by a mechanic to see there arent future damages that's gonna be raining over yoh
yeah thats what I plan on doing. I hope I can find a legit auto shop to do all this. my family has bad experiences with auto shops using cheap **** to fix the cars.. or even the wrong stuff..

once its fixed I think ima just trade it in. I'll probably only get like 3-5k profit but a new genesis coupe is with way lower payments is better then a ****ed up g37.. I was originally supposed to get the 3.8 rspec..

and I also just found out that the g37 7 speed has the worst transmission ever.. no wonder he only gave it to me for 3k.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:54 PM
basik

Originally Posted by jetg37s
Dude sorry to hear about the accident. The best place for aftermarket parts that have perfect fitment is autokits. As far as front lip, rear diffuser, spoilers, side skirts etc. You can contact Alex and his prices are pretty fair and awesome quality parts. you can contact him at 754-246-5033. Good luck and hope i helped
oh thanks a lot for the info. I'll probably contact him
Old 01-30-2011, 01:08 PM
LightsOut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
7at is a very good trans.

What I don't understand why isn't the insurance repairing the vehicle?

Originally Posted by basik
yeah thats what I plan on doing. I hope I can find a legit auto shop to do all this. my family has bad experiences with auto shops using cheap **** to fix the cars.. or even the wrong stuff..

once its fixed I think ima just trade it in. I'll probably only get like 3-5k profit but a new genesis coupe is with way lower payments is better then a ****ed up g37.. I was originally supposed to get the 3.8 rspec..

and I also just found out that the g37 7 speed has the worst transmission ever.. no wonder he only gave it to me for 3k.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:13 PM
basik

Originally Posted by LightsOut
7at is a very good trans.

What I don't understand why isn't the insurance repairing the vehicle?
yeah insurance is covering only 1k or thats what my uncle told me.. and whatever goes over its coming out of his pocket.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
.....and I also just found out that the g37 7 speed has the worst transmission ever.. no wonder he only gave it to me for 3k.
Thats a very general statement. You are on the internet, where people go to *itch.

I have no problems with the 7AT. Im sure there are a LOT more people out there that have no problems with the 7AT (BTW, is it used in any other Infiniti vehicles?). In fact, probably 90% of the people with that tranny have no problems with it. The other 10% are on these forums
Old 01-30-2011, 07:53 PM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris11LE
I have no problems with the 7AT. Im sure there are a LOT more people out there that have no problems with the 7AT (BTW, is it used in any other Infiniti vehicles?). In fact, probably 90% of the people with that tranny have no problems with it. The other 10% are on these forums
I have a fell small complaints (a little to much gear hunting) about the 7AT, but overall its a good transmission, much better than the 5AT in my old lincoln. That thing couldn't decide whether or not to shift from 4 to 5 or not, so it would shudder really bad.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:59 AM
4drScreamer

It's interesting that you can determine that someone's G's 7 sped tranny had a few issues but you haven't been able to locate a body kit for the S.

Do a search in this forum and use the Vendor section. There are several very good body kits available that I am sure will suit your needs. Autokits-X makes great stuff.

It's unfortunate that your uncle was not kind to the car, but once it's fixed up you will love it. Good luck with your decisions.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:41 PM
roots4x

Be warned that a car with any kind of major damage in its title will sell for far less than a non-accident counterpart.

Also, I thought the Genesis coupe would be a great car, and it is, but the interior is kinda horrendous.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:59 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
ricecop.com has some unique kits for the G's

look for impul to be your choice for body kits -- pretty penny for them but the kits are all in Japan

Quick Reply: G37 Sedan Body kit info.