G37 Sedan

Invidia gemini rolled titanium tips cat-back system

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 03:51 PM
One Sweet G37XS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Invidia gemini rolled titanium tips cat-back system

Did a lot research on this and settled on the Gemini system OK I know it was not made for AWD but really like it. So I ordered the cat back system from Invidia and am I happy with it. Invidia gave me a great price knowing that I wouold need to pay extra to make it fit. The order was smooth and easy, it came across the border quickly and with no issues and was packed perfectly, very impressed.

Installation day
As stated the packaging was almost over the top the shop was really impressed. I have a great shop that lets me in the back so I was there and part of the installation. It went like clockwork bare in mind however that I have the AWD and the cat back system is not designed for it. The system installed very well till we got to just behind the passenger side HFC and before the Y pipe. Some work by the shop and even it went in with a little work. They lined everything up and in it went. The installers were incredibly impressed with the workmanship of the system. If I had not had the AWD they would have had it done in under an hour. All the necessary parts included along with reused parts from the old system.

First impressions
Started up the car and man what a sound, low rumble love it. The installers took the car for a short run just to test sure I said. The first thing he said was he has done many of these and he was impressed with the fact that in the car it was much quieter than most he had done. Don't be confused there is a noticeable rumble but by no means was it in any way annoying as others he had done were.

Today
I had this installed over two months ago. I love the way it sounds at 1500rpm it has this rumble that just resonates right through you, sounds so mean. The look is awesome I went with the rolled tips so it would look like stock. They are larger but look so similar just better. I have run into others with cat systems on Gs and I have to say I much prefer the sound from my system. Some others are just loud and raspy. I have no high raspy sound at all just a deep low rumble and when at higher RPM it just sounds clean and powerful.

All in all one very happy customer, just wish they would re-design that one part so it would fit all AWD units as well standard RW , it is such a nice system. 110% recommended
Old 01-29-2011, 04:16 PM
platinumg35x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
um pics please! and how much did it cost to make it fit on the awd and what exactly did they have to do? You said there's no rasp...what about drone???
Old 01-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Gee37S

I love mine too! I have HFC as well it sounds great with that too!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:41 PM
One Sweet G37XS

I will take some pictures, with the snow the car gets dirty in seconds as soon as you wash it and drive one K. They cut and bent the pipe with some welding. Just under $300 for the complete install. Drone if you were to drive it at 80KM in 7th gear it would be a little much for a long period of time as that is 1500RPM. As i said that seems to be its sweet sport if you want to call it that. By simply shifting to 6th or slightly increasing or decreasing your speed and it is gone. At all other RPM / speed and there is no drone what so ever.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Falcons023

NICE!!! Invidia is on top of my list as well. From which vendor did you buy from?
Old 01-29-2011, 07:33 PM
One Sweet G37XS

I went directly through Invidia, spok with Gordon J.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:51 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
would LOVE some pictures too!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Falcons023

there are not many sedans with rolled tips...
Old 01-30-2011, 11:50 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Falcons023
there are not many sedans with rolled tips...
besides the thousands of stock ones?
Old 01-30-2011, 12:56 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
In for pics and sound clip, I looked at the Invidia also but was still a little more than I wanted to spend to make it for the X..
Old 01-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
pics + 1
Old 01-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
pics +2, im thinking about this exhaust but gave an AWD coupe. Im wondering maybe instead of cutting u can use a ichiba y pipe. anyways pics!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:53 AM
MOB

Originally Posted by One Sweet G37XS
I went directly through Invidia, spok with Gordon J.
I've received a pretty wide range of quotes on this system ($230 variance)....you mind PM'ing me the price you paid by going direct to Invidia? I alway prefer to go right to the source but wasn't aware they sold direct to the public?

would apreciate it if you would. thanks.
-MOB
Old 02-02-2011, 05:08 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by platinumg35x
um pics please! and how much did it cost to make it fit on the awd and what exactly did they have to do? You said there's no rasp...what about drone???
Originally Posted by eksigned
would LOVE some pictures too!
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
In for pics and sound clip, I looked at the Invidia also but was still a little more than I wanted to spend to make it for the X..
Originally Posted by Dj farhan
pics + 1
Originally Posted by Steveo47
pics +2, im thinking about this exhaust but gave an AWD coupe. Im wondering maybe instead of cutting u can use a ichiba y pipe. anyways pics!
+6 for pictures, please?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Falcons023

Pics please....

Quick Reply: Invidia gemini rolled titanium tips cat-back system