G37 Sedan

How far do you go to avoid door dings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:16 AM
jg10G37-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the 5 year PDR program added to my car note but I still park as far away as possible. Most lazy people who don't give a fat rats *** about their cars will park close to the stores so like most of us, I try to avoid them.

I always keep my car in the garage but one afternoon my wife came home with the G and I told her to leave it in the drive way as I was working in the garage. A little boy across the street was playing with this toy you through in the air and while coming down, it landed on my pillar and put a dent in it!

Man I was pissed at first but eventually laughed at the idea that this was one spot the PDR plan wouldn't cover so $1,000 for nothing and the one time I left it in my own drive way & I got owned!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:48 AM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FishMeetFish
I you don't want ding or scratch on your G, don't park it in the Home Depot lot.
I never have a problem parking at Home Depot or any of the other big stores, with their big parking lots. I just park far from the entrance.
My concern is the small stores , restaurants and strip malls with their limited parking, where you don't have any choice but to park in between cars. When I have an option I will park in another emptier parking lot that is near by.
I'm not so **** just because I drive a G37. it doesn't matter to me if it is a high end car or a run of the mill model. I just hate to get door dings.
When I bought this car I told myself I would not worry about door dings. I would park it where ever and get the dings fixed as they happened, but that was a joke, I'm just as careful with this car as all the others I have had.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Zoomdog

I've had the worst luck concerning door dings with....my own 2 kids! I've railed on them so much that they now open doors like they're in slow motion. I've threatened to switch the child locks back on so that they have to wait for me to open the doors!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:55 AM
jg10G37-S

Originally Posted by Zoomdog
I've had the worst luck concerning door dings with....my own 2 kids! I've railed on them so much that they now open doors like they're in slow motion. I've threatened to switch the child locks back on so that they have to wait for me to open the doors!
LOL, I've got my kids paying attention to this as well. No touching the inside of the glass and when opening the doors, try not to leave finger prints by just holding the edges of the door with your palms.

We're terrible!