G37 Sedan

How far do you go to avoid door dings?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:06 PM
ijahman

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I will park far out towards the edge, a spot with a curb, or cart barrier. If I cant find a decent spot, then I will try to find two high end cars to park between...Last resort I will leave to avoid a door ding....
Old 01-27-2011, 12:57 AM
zoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JayDeePee
Two months after getting my G37 sedan, I had been a victim of a dent. I went to a local restaurant and the parking lot was full. As I waited for a stall to open up, I noticed a Honda Civic with two fat chicks in it. I had first priority to the parking stall that opened up. What I did not know is that there were two spots next to each other as the spot next to it wasn't clearly marked. I didn't let them park first, because I had been waiting. As we entered the restaurant they had pulled into their parking space and were getting out of the vehicle. When I returned to my car I found a dent the size of golf ball on my driver's door. I had a feeling something like that was going to happen. I should have let the fat chicks go first as they were hungry. Clearly it was done on purpose. PDR repaired the dent. I had no scratches on my car until yesterday. When going to the local grocery store I always park near a delivery truck that is always parked at the time that I go shopping. I knew that the truck was not going to be moved so I had my driver's side of the car protected. As I was getting out of the car, I became distracted and I accidently hit the car door against the metal rail on the truck. What really pissed me off was that this was caused by me. I couldn't believe what had happened. Luckily it was just a small scratch and there was no dent. I always do walk around to check the car for dings. I was wondering if we could use insurance to repair the dents? What does it go under? Comprehensive or Collision?
And the fat chicks left before you did? If not I would be giving their car a really big kick (probably break my foot in the process LOL). Wouldn't use insurance for such a small claim, and doubt that is covered. Park as far as possible, it's good exercise.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:09 AM
KLB

Originally Posted by Viper62382
I park in handicap if need be. Dont care about the tickets
Pathetic.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:26 AM
HappyG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I you don't want ding or scratch on your G, don't park it in the Home Depot lot.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:38 AM
ChrisBLKG

I drop the girlfriend off, park as far as humanly possible then walk. It doesn't bother me. At work, I'm at the end of the lot and park on the white line becuase the car next to me is a white Focus hatchback (We have assigned spots )
Old 01-27-2011, 11:28 AM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I should have let the fat chicks go first as they were hungry. Clearly it was done on purpose. PDR repaired the dent.
why didnt you wait till they came out and kick the fat chicks a$$ or maybe they would have kicked yours?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:57 AM
lzzhang10

park next to cars more expensive than mine..they are usually in the back of the lot anyway
Old 01-27-2011, 12:06 PM
esfoad

I hate dings and scratches but these are just cars. So it's not worth the aggravation for me. Particularly I would never park in a handicapped spot. Those folks have enough to deal with as it is.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:22 PM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Viper62382
I park in handicap if need be. Dont care about the tickets
Even I would never do that, and I'm not Mr nice Guy.
But seriously I try to park away from others or park in between 2 nice new cars. Also I have never ever taken up 2 spacers with my car and I can't stand people that do that. Now I have not read most of this thread so if one of you guys does that, I can't stands ja.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:44 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Originally Posted by gugarci
I have never ever taken up 2 spaces with my car and I can't stand people that do that. Now I have not read most of this thread so if one of you guys does that, I can't stands ja.
Nobody that's posted in this thread so far has claimed to do that. There is however a very active member of this board that posted a picture of his car taking up two spaces. His response to the criticism for it was "you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em"
There is also a female member here who claimed to do this douche move too, but that was some time ago and she was also criticized for it at that time.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Warp37

I park diagonally across two handicapped spots whenever I can.

/sarcasm
Old 01-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
i am too lazy to park far away..;-P
Old 01-27-2011, 11:28 PM
G37NC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Infiniti dealer offered me a Dent Wizard package that will cover my dings for 3 years so that does give me some peace of mind. But preventing the damage is still much easier than repairing the damage after it happens. I use many of the "strategies" listed above.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:29 PM
JayDeePee
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by zoner
And the fat chicks left before you did? If not I would be giving their car a really big kick (probably break my foot in the process LOL). Wouldn't use insurance for such a small claim, and doubt that is covered. Park as far as possible, it's good exercise.
They were gone and there was no car parked in the space they were in. I knew it had to be them. Believe me, I would have kicked their door and stomped on their hood like Rick James.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:33 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
They were gone and there was no car parked in the space they were in. I knew it had to be them. Believe me, I would have kicked their door and stomped on their hood like Rick James.
Only one problem with that solution...you get caught in the act, could turn into a felony....

Quick Reply: How far do you go to avoid door dings?