G37 Sedan

Can't decide between Graphite Shadow and Black!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 09:17 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pro-gadgeter
I have a blue slate. I wanted a car that looks sexy for when i'm just cruising, sporty when i want to show off my car, and classy/elegant/expensive. I think blue slate covered them all
IMHO the GS and BS were the best exterior colors, when I was looking last March.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:37 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
Graphite

Old 01-27-2011, 09:21 AM
BillPaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright, here is the bottom line on black paint from a previous post:

Black paint ages very quickly -- all dings, dirt, blemishes, etc. show up. Light metallic colors hide these defects the best.

If you decide to get the black, it is best to not drive the car. Keep it covered in your garage, invite friends & neighbors over every 6 months to view your beauty with wine, cheese, and music. Provide gloves for those who would like to touch it.

But don't leave the cover off too long. Get the cover back on as soon as possible. After a few glasses of wine, your guests won't care anyway.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:32 PM
erical77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BillPaul
Alright, here is the bottom line on black paint from a previous post:

Black paint ages very quickly -- all dings, dirt, blemishes, etc. show up. Light metallic colors hide these defects the best.

If you decide to get the black, it is best to not drive the car. Keep it covered in your garage, invite friends & neighbors over every 6 months to view your beauty with wine, cheese, and music. Provide gloves for those who would like to touch it.

But don't leave the cover off too long. Get the cover back on as soon as possible. After a few glasses of wine, your guests won't care anyway.

You crack me up!

After giving it much thought and going against some friends' opinions, I'm going with the graphite shadow/stone. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who gave their honest, real life opinions. It was more help than you could imagine.

I called the dealer and they should have the car there on Monday when I do all the paperwork. Woo hoo!