G37 Sedan

Delaying License Plate install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 02:02 PM
NYCMaxima

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha I remember the day I drove my car home from the dealer, in Keyport NJ I was goin to the highway and drove through a toll booth w/o payin bc I didnt have exact change. They couldnt do jack bc I had the paper plates from my Nissan Dealer!!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:53 AM
llee916

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NYCMaxima
Haha I remember the day I drove my car home from the dealer, in Keyport NJ I was goin to the highway and drove through a toll booth w/o payin bc I didnt have exact change. They couldnt do jack bc I had the paper plates from my Nissan Dealer!!
That is unless your state police or whoever has highway jurisdiction does an investigation on this and goes to the Nissan dealer on your paper plates in search of you. Lol. I doubt that tho unless you evaded the toll everyday tho.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 AM
gee wiz

Originally Posted by JayDeePee
My dealer had me sign a paper that I will mount the front plate when providing me with the license plate bracket. It stated that they would not be held liable for breaking the law. The front bumper looks better without plates.
Hmm...interesting. Our front plate bracket was unmounted and in the trunk. There was no mention of liability issues by the dealer regarding the front plate. Your dealer must have been involved with a legal issue to go through the trouble of having you sign a release? I hate the thought of having to drill into the front bumper to install the front bracket and plate. I sure would like to delay it as long as possible. That's what actually led me to post the questions in this thread.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:58 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by gee wiz
Hmm...interesting. Our front plate bracket was unmounted and in the trunk. There was no mention of liability issues by the dealer regarding the front plate. Your dealer must have been involved with a legal issue to go through the trouble of having you sign a release? I hate the thought of having to drill into the front bumper to install the front bracket and plate. I sure would like to delay it as long as possible. That's what actually led me to post the questions in this thread.
same. my front plate bracket was in the trunk. i signed a paper saying i declined the front bracket.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:07 PM
NYCMaxima

Originally Posted by llee916
That is unless your state police or whoever has highway jurisdiction does an investigation on this and goes to the Nissan dealer on your paper plates in search of you. Lol. I doubt that tho unless you evaded the toll everyday tho.
Haha yea, and it was only like 80 cents or something, I doubt they would start an investigation over that lol.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Haha yea, and it was only like 80 cents or something, I doubt they would start an investigation over that lol.
I’m curious—are you proud that you cheated the state out of a toll designed to maintain and improve our roads, or are you just pointing out a flaw in the state’s efforts to collect such tolls?
Old 01-25-2011, 02:31 AM
NYCMaxima

Originally Posted by Chekov
I’m curious—are you proud that you cheated the state out of a toll designed to maintain and improve our roads, or are you just pointing out a flaw in the state’s efforts to collect such tolls?
Na man Im not a douche like that, Im just sharing a story that happened to me when I had temps on my car. Its not like I did it on purpose, I got to the booth and I had no money on me bc I literally just drove the car off the showroom and was driving home. If they would've came to me I would've owned up to it. I dont believe in skipping tolls or anything like that at all, it was just one occasion!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Na man Im not a douche like that, Im just sharing a story that happened to me when I had temps on my car. Its not like I did it on purpose, I got to the booth and I had no money on me bc I literally just drove the car off the showroom and was driving home. If they would've came to me I would've owned up to it. I dont believe in skipping tolls or anything like that at all, it was just one occasion!
Well, I’m glad to hear that. Sorry, if I came on a bit strong, but that “Haha yea” in your last post gave me the wrong impression.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Bo2point0

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where I live, the tolls have increased in price over the years.
Tolls are designed to pay for the freeway that they are built on.
Politicians have become greedy.

I would run every toll and not pay if I could get away with it, the city just pulls money off of tolls, red light cameras, and speeding.

Tickets are so prevalent here that if you get into an accident and it was not your fault you still get a citation. Money hungry SOB's.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Bo2point0

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
same. my front plate bracket was in the trunk. i signed a paper saying i declined the front bracket.
I told the dealership, "If they drilled in the front bumper I was not going to purchase the vehicle." They put the bracket in the trunk.

I have gotten tickets in the past for no front plate. 2 of the 3 have been thrown out of court. The other, I jimmy rigged the plate with zip ties took a picture and brought it to court to get it dismissed.
Yes, getting ticketed is a hassle that can be avoided, but not on a bumper that costs several hundred bucks.

I don't see corvettes with front plates or any other sports cars with them around here.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:44 PM
NYCMaxima

Well, I’m glad to hear that. Sorry, if I came on a bit strong, but that “Haha yea” in your last post gave me the wrong impression.
Its fine man dont worry about it, I took no offense to to your statement. If anything you were right I did come off wrong with the haha yea statement.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:28 PM
RT_1990

Originally Posted by Felix_the_Cat
Another reason I blow it off is going over the bridges in the bay area requires a toll unless you have a membership that you pay monthly which you can just go across the bridge and the camera scans your plate. Without a plate no pay ftw

Have to agree!! driving toll roads everyday gets expensive
Old 03-19-2015, 07:23 PM
vqsmile

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by RT_1990

Have to agree!! driving toll roads everyday gets expensive

Did you seriously need to bump a 4 year old thread just for that.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:04 PM
G37sTimCA

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
On two cars, my brother-in-law went nearly 2 years. No issues. It was a bright orange dealer advertising plate. It faded quickly. So every once in awhile, he would ask the dealer for a new on to make it look new.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:55 PM
RT_1990

Originally Posted by vqsmile
Did you seriously need to bump a 4 year old thread just for that.

New to forums, new to infiniti! Sorry man, still learning the ropes..

Quick Reply: Delaying License Plate install?