G37 Sedan

Quick ID

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 03:28 AM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Question Quick ID

While I was looking through some threads, I saw this sedan and wanted to know two things:

1) What kind of exhaust is this?
2) What kind of rear lip is this? (It looks like body-color painted standard chrome area and then another rear spoiler/lip on top.)

Thanks!

Old 01-18-2011, 04:08 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
hm...i can't remember off the top of my head what kind of exhaust that is. it's definitely not one of the "usual" systems - ie stillen, invidia, fi or ark. i wanna say hks something. doesn't look like tanabe either. the rear lip is an autokit-x lip (or something along those lines). the one you see in the picture does not fit the '10+ sedan bumpers. i believe autokit-x rear molded it.

hope that helps,
eric

edit: rear diffuser
Old 01-18-2011, 04:20 AM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by eksigned
hm...i can't remember off the top of my head what kind of exhaust that is. it's definitely not one of the "usual" systems - ie stillen, invidia, fi or ark. i wanna say hks something. doesn't look like tanabe either. the rear lip is an autokit-x lip (or something along those lines). the one you see in the picture does not fit the '10+ sedan bumpers. i believe autokit-x rear molded it.

hope that helps,
eric

edit: rear diffuser
Yeah, I know the rear diffuser is the 07-09 Autokit-X one. That's where I got the picture from. But yeah, pinpointing that rear spoiler and exhaust has been troublesome for me. It doesn't look like and HKS Hi-Power, since the muffler of the HKS is more circular, while this is more oval in shape. (Not the tips, the muffler itself). I just like how they completely fill the openings in the diffuser.

I guess the search continues...
Old 01-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Bo2point0

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That spoiler could be a CF spoiler that was painted body color.

I have seen a CF spoiler that was shaped like that before but can not remember who made it.

Exhaust could be custom, I say that because the tips sit kinda farther apart as opposed to factory tip locations.
Most exhaust manufacturers will make exhaust outlets in the same location as OEM, or actually worse.

When I had the Apexi WSII on my civic with OEM rear lip the WSII was not designed for OEM rear lips as it was too close and melted the rear lip of the civic. That is why I am hesitant to purchase the Autokits and other diffusers, I should start a thread and ask about it.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
i know those rocket boosters anywhere. thats the tanabe axle back exhaust, and the rear diffuser is by Autokits X, and the deck lid is by stillen
Old 01-18-2011, 06:11 PM
RaulGCustom
SoCal Driven

Received 406 Likes on 400 Posts
Thats a nice CF diffuser
Old 01-18-2011, 06:22 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gangsta999
i know those rocket boosters anywhere. thats the tanabe axle back exhaust, and the rear diffuser is by Autokits X, and the deck lid is by stillen
Thanks! Do you know by any chance how big those tips are?

Looks like no one knows about the lip spoiler though. Bo2point0, I think I know what you're talking about, and I think you're right. It's made by a Japanese company. I'll see if I can find it.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:29 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Yup, it's an Access Evolution rear spoiler. Does anyone know where I can get this?

Old 01-18-2011, 06:40 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by crazjayz
Yup, it's an Access Evolution rear spoiler. Does anyone know where I can get this?

It's not an AE lip spoiler. You can tell in the pics the profile is too high and it's larger. No one to my knowledge has one of those yet (don't think anyone wants to pay that price nor can even get it here).

I'm almost positive that's Adrian's car (2Gornot2G) on G35driver. Go check his garage and see what lip that is.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Bo2point0

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by san~man
It's not an AE lip spoiler. You can tell in the pics the profile is too high and it's larger. No one to my knowledge has one of those yet (don't think anyone wants to pay that price nor can even get it here).
I would be willing to pay the exclusivity price, but sadly I have searched everywhere and do not read/speak Japanese so I can not call or get their front splitter, grill, or spoiler off line.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:20 AM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by san~man

I'm almost positive that's Adrian's car (2Gornot2G) on G35driver. Go check his garage and see what lip that is.
Ok, after going on driver and looking through 2Gornot2G's threads, I have officially determined it's the Stillen spoiler for the G35 sedan.

Now that that is taken care of, I can finally sleep peacefully tonight. Thanks everyone!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 AM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by crazjayz
Thanks! Do you know by any chance how big those tips are?
tips are 4.5"
Old 01-19-2011, 01:57 PM
platinumg35x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
those are tanabe mufflers. just look big because they're under that diffuser
Old 01-20-2011, 10:37 PM
AUTOKITS-X
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bo2point0
When I had the Apexi WSII on my civic with OEM rear lip the WSII was not designed for OEM rear lips as it was too close and melted the rear lip of the civic. That is why I am hesitant to purchase the Autokits and other diffusers, I should start a thread and ask about it.
You don't have to worry about melted the diffuser, we have customers with 4.5" tips without any issue.

We have the 2007-2009 diffuser and also the 2010+ diffuser available
Old 01-20-2011, 10:41 PM
AUTOKITS-X
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bo2point0
I would be willing to pay the exclusivity price, but sadly I have searched everywhere and do not read/speak Japanese so I can not call or get their front splitter, grill, or spoiler off line.
I'll contact 2Gornot2G's and find out for the spoiler

Quick Reply: Quick ID