G37 Sedan

I love my G37xS

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 05:33 PM
theresamarie1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my G37xS

I'm the very happy owner of a 2011 G37xS and just finished putting 2000 miles on it. In looking for cars I drove the BMW 3,5 X sedans and the Audi 4 and 6 series sedans. And for me, the G37 had the right amount of performance and comfort. And I just love the red interior and really cool Malbec black paint job (looks kind of purple in the sun).

I've read some posts here by some folks who seem to be unhappy with shifting or performance or some other aspects, but I have to admit, my car seems to be fine,well actually better than fine, I think it's wonderful! I never feel any jerky downshifts but have noticed the engine drag on the car while under 20mph... luckily I don't drive there much .. The car is exceptionally sporty and quick without being harsh (like the 355) and the interior and electronics are perfect for me. I'm getting better mileage than my turbo subaru wagon as well as way better performance.

The one thing I was worried about that absolutely boggles my mind is how good it is in the snow, and the AWD system seems far advanced of the 2005 Subaru I had. While it doesn't have the ground clearance of the Subaru, I feel much safer in the G37 while on the highway or driving around in the Snow... never felt that skidishness that I always felt in the Subaru when I crossed the center snow mound while changing lanes on the expressway... I almost never liked to go there, now it's no bother! Thumbs up to the Infiniti Engineering team on that one.

If I had any complaint whatsoever, it would be that I can't find aftermarket TPM sensors for the winter wheels I purchased, so I'm doing without. I just can't see spending $500 for pressure sensors for the winter (what Nissan or Tire Rack wanted).

So after 2000 miles, no defects and a very happy owner!

Terri
Old 01-09-2011, 05:41 PM
cervelo1

great post and me coming from a Honda Ridgeline and my wife owning a Pilot, the G37x was AWESOME in the snow. If I read another post that it's not, I know its the driver! And I live in CT, we've had close to 20inches of snow in the last two weeks.

Enjoy! (I've had mine 2 months and approaching 5500 miles, love this car!)
Old 01-10-2011, 09:53 AM
mossman

Originally Posted by theresamarie1
I'm the very happy owner of a 2011 G37xS and just finished putting 2000 miles on it. In looking for cars I drove the BMW 3,5 X sedans and the Audi 4 and 6 series sedans. And for me, the G37 had the right amount of performance and comfort. And I just love the red interior and really cool Malbec black paint job (looks kind of purple in the sun).

I've read some posts here by some folks who seem to be unhappy with shifting or performance or some other aspects, but I have to admit, my car seems to be fine,well actually better than fine, I think it's wonderful! I never feel any jerky downshifts but have noticed the engine drag on the car while under 20mph... luckily I don't drive there much .. The car is exceptionally sporty and quick without being harsh (like the 355) and the interior and electronics are perfect for me. I'm getting better mileage than my turbo subaru wagon as well as way better performance.

The one thing I was worried about that absolutely boggles my mind is how good it is in the snow, and the AWD system seems far advanced of the 2005 Subaru I had. While it doesn't have the ground clearance of the Subaru, I feel much safer in the G37 while on the highway or driving around in the Snow... never felt that skidishness that I always felt in the Subaru when I crossed the center snow mound while changing lanes on the expressway... I almost never liked to go there, now it's no bother! Thumbs up to the Infiniti Engineering team on that one.

If I had any complaint whatsoever, it would be that I can't find aftermarket TPM sensors for the winter wheels I purchased, so I'm doing without. I just can't see spending $500 for pressure sensors for the winter (what Nissan or Tire Rack wanted).

So after 2000 miles, no defects and a very happy owner!

Terri
Good luck with the car. It is a great car. The G will be much better in the snow than the Subaru since you now have stability control. I find that makes a huge difference in changing lanes. If your Subie was Automatic then the G AWD system is much better. If your Subie was a manul transmission, then the Subie is probably a little better (assuming both had stability control). I have had an A4, Legacy GT (manual) and now this car. The AWD systems are all a little bit different, but they are all better than all the others out there.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:48 PM
theresamarie1

loving the G37

Yea, can't imagine it getting much better in the snow. I hope we get another big storm this week!!

I read some of that 'little thing that annoy me thread' last night and it amazed me at how passionate people can get and then kind of pile on over some small things they don't like. It made me feel like maybe this is the how I hate my G37 forum..

Originally Posted by cervelo1
great post and me coming from a Honda Ridgeline and my wife owning a Pilot, the G37x was AWESOME in the snow. If I read another post that it's not, I know its the driver! And I live in CT, we've had close to 20inches of snow in the last two weeks.

Enjoy! (I've had mine 2 months and approaching 5500 miles, love this car!)
Old 01-10-2011, 07:51 PM
theresamarie1

Originally Posted by mossman
Good luck with the car. It is a great car. The G will be much better in the snow than the Subaru since you now have stability control. I find that makes a huge difference in changing lanes. If your Subie was Automatic then the G AWD system is much better. If your Subie was a manul transmission, then the Subie is probably a little better (assuming both had stability control). I have had an A4, Legacy GT (manual) and now this car. The AWD systems are all a little bit different, but they are all better than all the others out there.
I actually had both the stick and automatic (auto with the turbo) subarus and the G37 is better than both. Although neither had any kind of electronic stability control.
My son just purchased a 2011 WRX which has a stick and driving it makes me love the G37 even more. The G37 is so much more refined than the WRX and honestly, while I expected the WRX to feel faster, it doesn't.

Terri
Old 01-11-2011, 05:06 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats on both new cars! You got the limited edition sedan hahaa those are rare.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations. I love the limited edition, it's pretty sweet. Love those red seats.