G37 Sedan

Can I cancel G37 Sedan Maintenance Plan and get full refund?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 02:30 AM
flashk1021

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I cancel G37 Sedan Maintenance Plan and get full refund?

I recently leased 2011 G37 sedan 39m with 12k per year, and I should read some posts here before I go to the dealer shop. The financial guy convinced me to buy a schedule 2 service plan for $978 , which I don't think is worthwhile now. I am still waiting for the maintenance agreement mailed to me, do you guys know if I can cancel it and get full refund? If I can, I think during the 39m period, I only need several oil change, rotate tire, replace in-cabin microfilter, engine air filter, and brake fluid. For the microfilter and air filter, where to buy them? Does anyone know what is the average cost to do oil change and rotate tire at dealer in bay area California? Thx a lot.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:34 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by flashk1021
I recently leased 2011 G37 sedan 39m with 12k per year, and I should read some posts here before I go to the dealer shop. The financial guy convinced me to buy a schedule 2 service plan for $978 , which I don't think is worthwhile now. I am still waiting for the maintenance agreement mailed to me, do you guys know if I can cancel it and get full refund? If I can, I think during the 39m period, I only need several oil change, rotate tire, replace in-cabin microfilter, engine air filter, and brake fluid. For the microfilter and air filter, where to buy them? Does anyone know what is the average cost to do oil change and rotate tire at dealer in bay area California? Thx a lot.
Sounds like you got scammed. ...not sure how your exact plan works, but my fiancée got duped into one of these a few years ago and when we went to cancel it, it was pro-rated.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:36 AM
flashk1021

Too bad, but I haven't use the service yet only 500 miles on it, how can they pro-rated?
Old 01-06-2011, 03:30 AM
MOONLIGHT37

Heres the deal you need an oil change on your infiniti every like 3750 miles or so... Oil changes cost 120 dollars without the service plan (at least in kansas) since its uses a synthetic oil. I mean 8 oil changes you will get you money back but also come the 15,000 mile mark it like all new belts and such my plan includes like 10 or 15 percent off of parts! witch makes it worth the money! plus after getting your oil changes you have already paid so you will walk out of there with money still in your pocket .
Old 01-06-2011, 03:32 AM
MOONLIGHT37

Oh and one more thing every other "oil change" you will get a tire rotation too and i think its free to with your service plan at least it is for me!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:45 AM
roots4x

Yeah I think if you're very good about getting maintenance and drive a lot, then it really is a good deal. Problem is, you really don't have to take your car in as often as the more rigorous plans dictate.

I just came bAck from the dealer with a 4dr 6MT and the guy really tried to sell me. I walked away without it though since it's not a big discount anyway.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:05 AM
KLB

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT37
Heres the deal you need an oil change on your infiniti every like 3750 miles or so... Oil changes cost 120 dollars without the service plan (at least in kansas) since its uses a synthetic oil. I mean 8 oil changes you will get you money back but also come the 15,000 mile mark it like all new belts and such my plan includes like 10 or 15 percent off of parts! witch makes it worth the money! plus after getting your oil changes you have already paid so you will walk out of there with money still in your pocket .
$120 for Synthetic oil every 3750 miles? You are wasting money. If you want to change your oil every 3750 miles use dino oil. If you want to use Synthetic, you can most likely go longer than 3750 miles. Unless you are using Mobil1 any way.

You can get the filters at an auto-parts store. The air filters are very easy to replace yourself. It takes a couple of minutes tops.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:13 AM
4drScreamer

Check your paperwork. I got a similar package and am very happy with it.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:34 AM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Since you've already made the purchase, I would probably keep the plan at this point....just make sure they use the required synthetic oil and not some cheap substitute.

I too was extremely surprised (and disappointed) by the frequency and type of oil needed for our G. To keep the engine quiet, it requires a special ester oil....thus the $120 oil change every 3,750 miles. Several on this board have performed oil analysis at the change interval and don't recommend exceeding the factory service recommendation. IMO, maintenance is too expensive on these things.... I am sure dino oil would work...but is not "recommended" and undesired engine noise may result. One other alternative if you refund your plan; you can order the high dollar Nissan stuff on line and change the oil yourself for about $55. Just document your purchase and change interval.

I just purchased a 2011 Toyota Highlander....the change interval is 10,000 miles and the first 25,000 miles of maintenance is free. Infiniti needs to get this figured out...my Infiniti dealer said the 30,000 mile service is $900...........that's insane.

Last edited by financeman; 01-06-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:41 AM
nrp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought this plan and after 3 years I think I would have saved money if I didnt buy it. Really, all their doing is changing the oil. When i hit 15K I thought the car was going to get worked over...nope, just oil change. At 30 I thought time for some serious maintenance, nope, just an oil change. All the sudden those expensive items arent really necessary anymore. i had to break out my maintenance book and go through items I wanted, it was then that they went ahead and changed the filters, rear diff fluid, coolant, however they would not budge on changing the transmission fluid. If you really look at the maintenance milestones most of it is just "Checking" different items. The only good thing I got out of it is getting warranty items taken care of when I went in because I probably would have been too lazy to do so otherwise.

My best answer: If you're religious about oil changes and other scheduled maintenance AND are planning on having the dealer do all your maintenance then the plan is well worth the money.

If you have a trusty mechanic or can DIY then skip the program. I would highly recommend changing your own cabin and engine filters for a huge savings vs dealership.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:42 AM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by financeman
Since you've already made the purchase, I would probably keep the plan at this point....just make sure they use the required synthetic oil and not some cheap substitute.

I too was extremely surprised (and disappointed) by the frequency and type of oil needed for our G. To keep the engine quiet, it requires a special ester oil....thus the $120 oil change every 3,750 miles. Several on this board have performed oil analysis at the change interval and don't recommend exceeding the factory service recommendation. IMO, maintenance is too expensive on these things.... I am sure dino oil would work...but is not "recommended" and undesired engine noise may result. One other alternative if you refund your plan; you can order the high dollar Nissan stuff on line and change the oil yourself for about $55. Just document your purchase and change interval.

I just purchased a 2011 Toyota Highlander....the change interval is 10,000 miles and the first 25,000 miles of maintenance is free. Infiniti needs to get this figured out...my Infiniti dealer said the 30,000 mile service is $900...........that's insane.
I thought all Toyota/Lexus vehicles require service every 5K miles/6 months.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:43 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
the Infiniti Tire Road Hazard plan in the maintainence package works great for lots of people since it is almost 99.9% full reimbursement the first 2 years and then prorated the 3rd year. If you get a bubble, leak, flat, etc.... it pays for itself. You also get a loaner, and they check a lot of stuff....

depends which plan you did get though. there are various maintainence packages
Old 01-06-2011, 01:27 PM
s2ktoEvo

I've been doing some reading, nothing in the manual states you have to use synthetic. Any api certified 5w30 is fine. Most of the oil analysis I've seen for this car shows that the engine isn't fully broken in until around 20k miles, which looks bad on an analysis if you don't realize it. Cars with 30k miles tend to have pretty good analysis with most brands of oil.

My dealership doesn't even recommend synthetic. Oh and the oil change is $49.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Boomer-Bob
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I believe there is a period of time after signing the agreement to cancel it with a full refund. I think the good folks at the Infiniti customer care number would be able to tell you for sure. My daughter got an agreement on her Toyota. I checked the 'net for pricing etc. and called them. Given our option to cancel the plan with Toyota, the dealer adjusted the price. In this case, it was a very good deal for her. I'd say, just be sure what services are covered in your plan and that you need the services.

You will love the car!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:44 PM
g25dragon

If the maintenance plan is anything like the extended warranty, you should be able to cancel it within 30 days, and after that cancel the "unused portion" on a pro-rated basis.

Esther's recommended, but that doesn't mean the dealer's guaranteed to use it. Esther's recommended on my G25 also, just had my "first oil change free" done. They used QuakerState SynBlend without even asking me.

If the maintenance contract specifies Esther and you feel it is important to fill with Esther, your two year contract isn't a bad deal. On the flip side, your overall cost would be a lot less if you used dino or a synthetic blend and went to an independent shop.

Because it's a 3 year lease, I wouldn't pay any extra to use Esther. It's not required by the warranty, so you can save a lot by using dino or synthetic blends, and as long as you change every 3 months you're fine.

Link below for Beshoff Infiniti San Jose's costs, to give you an idea of what the costs are.

Beshoff Infiniti | San Jose, CA - New and Used Infiniti's in San Jose | New & Used Car Dealer

Quick Reply: Can I cancel G37 Sedan Maintenance Plan and get full refund?