G37 Sedan

Can I cancel G37 Sedan Maintenance Plan and get full refund?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Danny Boy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flashk1021
Thank you all for your input. My plan is schedule 2 which contains 6 services within my 39 months leasing period. According to the maintenance guide,

1. Every 7.5k or 6 months for oil change + tire rotation
2. 15k or 12 months replace in-cabin microfilter
3. 30k or 24 months replace brake fluid, engine air filter, in-cabin microfilter
4. 45k or 36 months replace in-cabin microfilter

So basically, 6 oil change + tire rotation, 2 in-cabin microfilter replacement, 1 engine air filter replacement, 1 brake fluid replacement.

The plan itself cost me $978, and I called them so I can cancel it and get full refund within 60 days after I lease the car.

Here is the price reference from beshoff infiniti in bay area. Beshoff Infiniti | San Jose, CA - New and Used Infiniti's in San Jose | New & Used Car Dealer

It looks like the plan is cheaper than pay to go. Do you guys have any experience of leasing car and not buying the plan? For oil change + tire rotation, can I just go to some national chain store instead of dealer? The $99 or $79 for oil change is a rip off to me, sorry I used to drive honda accord, and oil change is only about $35.

Thank you
$978 including taxes is not a bad price if they use synthetic oil and follow through with all parts replacement steps. There is some saving but not a lot.

I suggest you to leave it unless you want to do maintenance at Mr. Lube instead of the dealer.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a simple matter of doing the math and deciding what to do. Also, are you doing a lot of city driving? Because if you are, you have to change the oil every 3k miles which is not included in the Schedule 2 plan. So that would come out of your pocket.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:25 PM
flashk1021

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No the $978 does not include tax. I probably just cancel it and do it at jiffy lube maybe, since the lease contract or warranty does not say I have to get serviced at infiniti dealer only.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:44 PM
gooddeal

Good luck w/ jiffy lube.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:50 PM
flashk1021

ok i c.. or maybe some good local independent infiniti repair shop...
Old 01-07-2011, 07:31 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I paid $1200 for the same plan for 60 months instead of 39; I think it's worth it since they use Nissan Ester Oil, and I get loaners if the service takes longer than 1 hour.

If you think that $978 is too much; call Lexus or Mercedes and see how much they charge for their pre-paid service plans, it's at least $2500 for 4 years.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by madmax2k1
I paid $1200 for the same plan for 60 months instead of 39; I think it's worth it since they use Nissan Ester Oil, and I get loaners if the service takes longer than 1 hour.

If you think that $978 is too much; call Lexus or Mercedes and see how much they charge for their pre-paid service plans, it's at least $2500 for 4 years.
And if you call a Ferrari dealer, it will be even more expensive than that. That reallly shouldn't make you feel any better about getting ripped on prepaid service.

Very high end cars require more maintenance than Infinitis. These are very low maintenance cars, relatively speaking, and I could train a monkey to change out my engine air filter and cabin air filters. I pay $49, tops, for a dealer oil change. I think you've overpaid, but it's your money. Service packages are always a dealer win, or they wouldn't sell them.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:57 PM
flashk1021

I agreed. I am just back from dealer to get the new license plate. They told me they gonna use regular oil for the oil change even for prepaid plan. That's great, it add one more reason for me to cancel my plan once I receive the service agreement.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:04 AM
ncpalafox
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i would like to know if anyone knows for sure if this can be cancelled out of the contract. I purchased it with my vehicle but now would rather get services a la carte. Like the OP, i havent even reached my first maintenance point
Old 01-15-2011, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by ncpalafox
i would like to know if anyone knows for sure if this can be cancelled out of the contract. I purchased it with my vehicle but now would rather get services a la carte. Like the OP, i havent even reached my first maintenance point
If I were you, I'd probably read the contract that you purchased and look for cancellation language. I had an extended warranty (not service contract) on my wife's vehicle a few years back, and was able to get a prorated refund when I sold the vehicle.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:16 PM
ncpalafox
Registered Member

reason i ask is because the only paperwork i have so far is the application, according to the dealer, it can be prorated but i still have to wait for the actual contract to come in the mail. i purchased my car less than 30 days ago
Old 01-15-2011, 09:40 PM
flashk1021

Originally Posted by ncpalafox
reason i ask is because the only paperwork i have so far is the application, according to the dealer, it can be prorated but i still have to wait for the actual contract to come in the mail. i purchased my car less than 30 days ago
I bought my car 30 days from now but I havent received the service contract yet which is supposed to reach you by now. Anyway I called them I can cancel the plan and get full refund in 60 days and get prorated amount after 60 days. However since I am financed car (including lease and purchase) they gonna hold the refund as security deposit which is totally not acceptable for me -- it might be written on the contract. Once they hold your security deposti not sure how much I can get back at the end of lease even if they gonna hire 3rd party to inspect my car.... Sigh if that is the case I might just keep the plan not to want give away my money and deal with hassales at the end. Any one have such experience to get security deposit back at the of lease?
Old 01-16-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by flashk1021
I bought my car 30 days from now but I havent received the service contract yet which is supposed to reach you by now. Anyway I called them I can cancel the plan and get full refund in 60 days and get prorated amount after 60 days. However since I am financed car (including lease and purchase) they gonna hold the refund as security deposit which is totally not acceptable for me -- it might be written on the contract. Once they hold your security deposti not sure how much I can get back at the end of lease even if they gonna hire 3rd party to inspect my car.... Sigh if that is the case I might just keep the plan not to want give away my money and deal with hassales at the end. Any one have such experience to get security deposit back at the of lease?
How are you financing the car "including lease and purchase"? Either you leased the car, or you financed it - which is it?

No matter, they can't keep your money for a service contract in either case. Demand that they show you where it states, in writing, that they can keep the money from a cancelled service plan as a "security deposit" if you cancel.

They are giving you the run around, and obviously you're letting them take advantage of you. If you aren't completely comfortable with this process, find a friend or hire a lawyer that can help you and get this taken care of.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:20 PM
flashk1021

I agree with you but I have received the formal contract agreement yet I only talked to them on the phone. I leased my car it is count as finance according to the the lady on the phone.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:54 AM
ncpalafox
Registered Member

my situation:
Financed my car as of Dec 22, 2010 and added the elite maintenance plan (schedule 2, 75k miles/5 years)

Now i want to cancel it as I feel the dealer misinformed me about it (my fault for not researching it before hand) and I feel I overpaid for it ($2410).

I called Infiniti consumer affair this morning to inquire about a cancellation and they told me that I can cancel it for full refund within 60 days of purchase as long as no claims have been made or no services have been used, otherwise it would be prorated based on how many services have been used and how long after 60 days you decide to cancel. They instructed me to go to the dealership I purchased my car from and to speak with someone from finance to cancel the plan.

So yes, it can be canceled and we have 60 days from purchase date to do so

Quick Reply: Can I cancel G37 Sedan Maintenance Plan and get full refund?